Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone's job on the line or lost a job recently?

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    What are your best speculations on how long it will be before the goverment lets intimate body to body businesses back in business?

You wouldn't think it would be a priority for them. The pubs and clubs would get a look in first I'll bet. They are a lot noisier in governemt's ear and not subject to puritanical overview.
    I know quite a few guys and girls for that matter that have businesses dependent on pubs and clubs. For the most part, their businesses got locked down mid-March.

One of them sent a message on his organizations Facebook page to all his customers. A lot of people obviously asking when thing will return to normal, some even joking about betting on when it will be business as usual. He set the line at 1st June and is taking bets on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    Business back to normal by June 1. I would put a bet on that it is way after that.
    No, pubs and clubs reopening in some capacity not business overall back to normal. BTW, it will be a new 'normal'

Hope you are correct but I still doubt it Raybo
    Pubs and clubs are a powerful lobby group and are very important to communities, especially regional and smaller towns. Governments will also want them back as soon as possible! This weekend is crucial, I hope people don't fuck it up by being selfish, going out, going away or having parties and get-togethers....

I miss pubs and clubs more than punting!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    Pubs and clubs are a powerful lobby group and are very important to communities, especially regional and smaller towns. Governments will also want them back as soon as possible! This weekend is crucial, I hope people don't fuck it up by being selfish, going out, going away or having parties and get-togethers....

I miss pubs and clubs more than punting!
    And they pay lots of taxes !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    one of the keys to opening up the economy by any significant measure is some sort of treatment or partial cure that can mean ventilators and ICU is no longer required by as high a proportion of COVID patients. Then the Gov't can take some higher risks knowing that most patients can be cared for at the primary health care level and not the much rarer and more complex tertiary health care level. There's several treatments being tested and the best cases for rapid introduction is a repurposed treatment for some indication that the treatment is already approved. Then the safety tests are mostly already completed they just need to determine that the effective dose is also safe.

It will be released later this morning but infection rates are up nearly 25% in NSW so it will be a while before they relax rules in my opinion. They have to contain this first.
    Up 25%....in what context? All the data I have seen this morning is saying infection rates are dropping daily.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    my job is safe thankfully

It will be released later this morning
    I highly doubt it. That would mean 700 people in NSW tested positive yesterday.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Up 25%....in what context? All the data I have seen this morning is saying infection rates are dropping daily.
    Yes Raybo. Data will show 25 new cases. Not 25%. NSW infection rate has decreased for over 10 days continuous now. Really interesting stat is to try and do the numbers without the Ruby Princess. Then try to do a cost analysis against it. We are killing ants with steamrollers. Still, cannot change the noise. As an aside. My bet will be Tuesday after Queens Birthday weekend. Lib's are getting heart pulpations already about the costs involved. ATO will need its own respirators soon. Still don't know why we are dodging all the bad shit. If we had Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, Iran or UK daily numbers here we would be hiding under our beds. Stay well and stay safe 🙃

No, on the previous day. They update new cases each day in a their Press Conference.
    This news ?:

As at 6:00am on 10 April 2020, there have been 6,152 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia. There have been 100 new cases since 6:00am yesterday.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    This news ?:

As at 6:00am on 10 April 2020, there have been 6,152 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia. There have been 100 new cases since 6:00am yesterday.
    And just to complete the story we have 52 deaths and 2987 cases now cured.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just to illustrate some of the real horror stories. Spain - Confirmed cases 153222. Deaths 15447. Overnight 5002 cases and 816 deaths. UK- 65872 Confirmed cases. Deaths 7993. Overnight 4375 and 711 deaths. Both countries have mortality to infection rates in excess of 10%. UK went into full lockdown 23 March which is just before us. Thank whoever you like but I am happy to be an Australian today🤞🤞

Senior Member(無間使者)
    39 to 49 on the daily NSW numbers.
    More importantly it's 5 days in a row under 50.

But I think given the mandatory quarantine now we should be excluding any overseas cases.
    What really matters is community transmission

Senior Member(無間使者)
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...id-19/12132478
    Who said the ABC we're not on the ball. 👍 Enjoy Easter the best way you can all

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456