Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So this is where all our medical supplies have gone ! Thanks Greenland Group !!

If other countries saw China’s lockdown of the whole city of Wuhan, a city with a population bigger than most smaller countries, and still didn’t get the hint of the seriousness of the virus, then they need babysitters to look after themselves instead of of complaining that China didn’t send them official warnings !

Even after WHO declared it a pandemic, those countries still didn’t respond appropriately until it’s too late.....
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    As I just wrote in the thread on coronavirus, I went out and bought a dozen N95s at a local chemist in late January. I could have bought hundreds or even thousands if I wanted them. Lots of supply as a result of bushfires. No one wanted them.

I can’t understand the bullshit anger some of you clowns are expressing about people buying and sending them back to China at that time. No one here wanted them - it wasn’t like they were taking them off needy Australians at that time.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...31e1ee9ab40c35

I would like people to look at the above story.

Here’s an excerpt:

“ The global race for medical supplies has hit Europe, Asia and the US with officials swooping on stockpiles of protective equipment in a number of countries.

A French health official said US authorities took control of a planeload of masks that France was due to export from a Chinese airport.

“On the tarmac, the Americans arrive, take out cash and pay three or four times more for our orders, so we really have to fight,” Dr. Jean Rottner, an emergency room doctor in Mulhouse, told RTL radio.”

How dare Americans buy and strip other countries of medical supplies!!! Outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by mkkid View Post
    If it is aid, it doesn't need an export license, because it is not a business.
    If you send your mother in Columbia some biscuits, you don't need an export license to send her those biscuits.

The only difference here is that:
    1. Its done en masse
    2. It was a Chinese people sending it

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-supplies.html
    This wasn’t aid this was businesses buying here and selling in China at increased profit. I didn’t even mention the profiteering part since that impacts Chinese consumers not Australia.

Do you think Australian companies can go into Pacific and strip them of supplies and send back to Australia.

Anyway I think someone said there was no crime, actually there is some very significant crime and when COVID-19 settles if not earlier some businesses will have major questions to answer and some people will be prosecuted for sure if they are still in the country.

BTW all organisations that trade have to be registered whether they are a charity, not for profit or for profit organisations and they must all follow Australian laws.

LOL @ your biscuit example.

Are you equating 100 tons of medical supplies systematically bought from shops and exported for profit to a packet of biscuits?... If you try shipping 100 tons of biscuit you will need a license too. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PervySage View Post
    This wasn’t aid this was businesses buying here and selling in China at increased profit. I didn’t even mention the profiteering part since that impacts Chinese consumers not Australia.

Do you think Australian companies can go into Pacific and strip them of supplies and send back to Australia.

Anyway I think someone said there was no crime, actually there is some very significant crime and when COVID-19 settles if not earlier some businesses will have major questions to answer and some people will be prosecuted for sure if they are still in the country.

BTW all organisations that trade have to be registered whether they are a charity, not for profit or for profit organisations and they must all follow Australian laws.

LOL @ your biscuit example.

Are you equating 100 tons of medical supplies systematically bought from shops and exported for profit to a packet of biscuits?... If you try shipping 100 tons of biscuit you will need a license too. Lol
    To think that Australian wouldn’t buy stuffs overseas and sell them in Australia for a profit is laughable !

The reason that it’s not happening now is because Australia is too slow to react, protective gears around the world had run out, and governments have imposed restrictions on exporting. Otherwise people would be doing the same thing as the Chinese nationals did here !

People will do anything for a profit, whether legally or illegally, Australian wouldn’t do that ? Where do you think those cheap cigarettes come from ? That’s purchased in other countries to resell in Australia for an inflated price ! Why some items in the bargain shops or $2 shops are cheaper than the big supermarkets, some items were even made in Australia, but you can buy them cheaper overseas ? Sure, that’s the illegal side. But for legitimate imports and exports, you know what the profit margin is like for imported goods ? Why do you think businesses can offer 50%+ off during promotions ? Because they cost about 10% to buy, but that’s legal, because importers have to cover expenses like distributions, retailing, bank interest etc etc.

Now it has become law that they can’t send medical stuffs overseas, fair enough, if anyone caught doing that, that’s illegal, but at that time, there’s no law covering this.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Exactly what Wil said - spot on

Banned
    Everyone in Australia knew what was going on in China in late Dec to early Jan. This was quite clear. The severity of the situation was evident; and the lockdowns were already imposed.
    We did nothing. We did nothing because we thought it was a Chinese problem, not an Australian problem. We didn't think the virus would hit the "western" world.

We were quick to ban the Chinese, but extremely slow in banning the Americans and the Italians. Most of the infections in Sydney now is not due to the Chinese or Koreans, but Europeans and Australians returning from the US.

First there's racism and ignorance. eg. this stupid "whites cannot be infected" mentality is there.... Look at the suburbs that are worst hit in Sydney.

Then there's panic eg. buying all the toilet paper ...

Next there's the blame game eg. blame China for it

Very pathetic.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Everyone in Australia knew what was going on in China in late Dec to early Jan. This was quite clear. The severity of the situation was evident; and the lockdowns were already imposed.
    We did nothing. We did nothing because we thought it was a Chinese problem, not an Australian problem. We didn't think the virus would hit the "western" world.

We were quick to ban the Chinese, but extremely slow in banning the Americans and the Italians. Most of the infections in Sydney now is not due to the Chinese or Koreans, but Europeans and Australians returning from the US.

First there's racism and ignorance. eg. this stupid "whites cannot be infected" mentality is there.... Look at the suburbs that are worst hit in Sydney.

Very pathetic.
    Wow!!! You nail it.

Banned
    That is pretty much true mikkid, and something the people who think like that should be ashamed of.

But all these later arguments about details are peripheral. If the CCP had clamped down on the virus as soon as the doctors warned them of it instead of publically shaming the doctors for their warnings, and making them say they were "spreading false rumours" then the world wouldn't be in this state at all.

As far as blame game goes, this is the only argument in town.

It is like the remote Gosper's mountain fire started by lightning. If they'd sent in a water bomber while was it was still small, instead of ignoring it it wouldn't have catastrophically burnt out most of Wollemi NP and then spread to the Blue Mts.

Banned
    That's true God Member. The CCP behaved as you would expect the CCP to behave - so no surprises there.

However, when it first started in Wuhan, this virus was unclassified. Therefore you could imagine the initial chaos and skeptics. It takes time to identify the virus.
    After some initial missteps, I think China did a good job at containing the virus.

The fact that the virus went on a rampage in Europe and the US has nothing to do with those initial Chinese missteps, because when the first infections were detected in the US, we all knew what was causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    That is pretty much true mikkid, and something the people who think like that should be ashamed of.

But all these later arguments about details are peripheral. If the CCP had clamped down on the virus as soon as the doctors warned them of it instead of publically shaming the doctors for their warnings, and making them say they were "spreading false rumours" then the world wouldn't be in this state at all.

As far as blame game goes, this is the only argument in town.

It is like the remote Gosper's mountain fire started by lightning. If they'd sent in a water bomber while was it was still small, instead of ignoring it, it wouldn't have catastrophically burnt out most of Wollemi NP and then spread to the Blue Mts.
    At that time, no one except those experts knew about the severity of the virus, so the authorities were slow to react, but after it became a common knowledge, other countries were still slow to react, that’s what’s not acceptable !

It’s a virus, a universal problem, viruses don’t discriminate, it should be dealt with universally. Blaming others won’t kill the virus !

As Michael Douglas said in The American President: When there’s a problem, Rumson is least interested in solving it, he’ll be looking for someone to blame !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely heart View Post
    When I first saw this yesterday I was rally angry, want to go downstairs and throw fire magic into their office (Yes we are in the same block)!!

Then I was cracking myself when I talk to someone regarding personal protection equipment supply chain. Apparently these stuff they scoped up was all originated from Asia and mainly china. So they are buy China exported cargo, paid the Australia price and re-import that into China. At that point I cracked up!! Only people that is stupid as pigs (the one infested with Swine influenza) are stupid enough to do that.

This really bring up a few question:
    1) Why are we not producing personal protection equipment in Australia, with a fixed price and forcing local to but from local manufacturer.
    2) Why we not have limits and licencing of exporting essential product from Australia.

To be honest I am more piss off about those who scope up all the baby formula and fly back to China.
    Because of how much it will cost to have it made here. They will need to make a new manufacturing plant, source local materials at a premium, pay high wages, pay union, super, etc. They can't keep the price down. Like if u buy a box of 50 for like less then 10$ compared to $20 bucks or more. They would run out of business so fast. This is the power of mass production and business

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar

Very pathetic.
    Can not agreed more. Thx for speaking out behalf of me.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Have you guys ever heard of fack news from both sides.

60 Minutes just showing the special Coronavirus crisis regarding the Greenland shipping out thing with the whistle blower

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    60 Minutes just showing the special Coronavirus crisis regarding the Greenland shipping out thing with the whistle blower
    This was before the government called on a export ban on crucial medical supplies.

Whilst what they’re doing leaves a bad taste it wasn’t illegal at the time.

Now with the ban it is. If anything I blame the government for not taking this virus more seriously early on and introduced the ban earlier.

Also taking 60 minutes seriously is really dredging from the bottom of the barrel. Their whole schtick is to alarm people from their ominous music (which is getting worse by the way) to the hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    This was before the government called on a export ban on crucial medical supplies.

Whilst what they’re doing leaves a bad taste it wasn’t illegal at the time.

Now with the ban it is. If anything I blame the government for not taking this virus more seriously early on and introduced the ban earlier.

Also taking 60 minutes seriously is really dredging from the bottom of the barrel. Their whole schtick is to alarm people from their ominous music (which is getting worse by the way) to the hosts.
    If Morrison or Trump would have done the same thing and started collecting medical supplies earlier - they would now be national heroes wouldn’t they ?

I might have mentioned this a few times already that the CEO of Macau Mr Ho had announced right from the start of the outbreak that Macau had purchased ALL the face masks from Portugal! They have enough stocks not only for their front line medical personnel, the government were handing out the masks to its people free ! 10 each per person per week. Now that’s a well prepared government! And the result = only 44 cases to date .

If Morrison or Trump would have done the same thing and started collecting medical supplies earlier - they would now be national heroes wouldn’t they ?

I might have mentioned this a few times already that the CEO of Macau Mr Ho had announced right from the start of the outbreak that Macau had purchased ALL the face masks from Portugal! They have enough stocks not only for their front line medical personnel, the government were handing out the masks to its people free ! 10 each per person per week. Now that’s a well prepared government! And the result = only 44 cases to date .
    So what’s the whinging about ?

99 Premium Member (特級會員)

Well there’s news out there of American companies seizing masks delivered to France from China now. So what’s your opinion of that? It seems there’s a bias when it comes to news reporting.

As wilisno said. What’s your point of creating this thread? You seem to, in your initial post be all against this act but then praise Macau for doing the same thing to Portugal.

So are you against it or just anti-Chinese? It’s a real shame because from my understanding you’re Asian too right AL? What you need to realise is that all this sinophobic negativity (ironically in particular from people who are also Asian might I add) also adversely effects other Asian communities because let’s face it, it’s hard to tell a Korean from a Chinese from a Hong Kong citizen or a Taiwanese....

If you’re from Hong Kong or taiwan and you start coughing, people will equally at minimum move far away from you and at maximum abuse you.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....navirus-163955

“ In one case, according to a report in The Guardian, American buyers managed to “wrest control” of a shipment of masks from China that was supposed to go to France by offering three times the selling price. In another report, a German official accused the U.S. of an “act of modern piracy” after a shipment of masks from China that was meant for Berlin were seized and diverted to the U.S. while en route in Thailand. Similar reports emerged from Brazil, where a top official said China had set aside his country’s orders for equipment after the U.S. sent some 20 planes to pick up materials.”

Junior Member(有D料到)
    That is unbelievable!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast