Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things to do when you can't punt

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by leon_001 View Post
    They all have to report something. You can't have a shop that reports zero revenue. Based on the leasing rules for businesses. If you lose 30-50% of revenue the lease you are required to pay is proportional to your relative revenue. If your revenue is less than 50%, 50% is waived and the rest is deferred. Thats what the federal Govt has outlined, we will see what challenges are made to that by property owners over time.
    You're joking right? I bet half the shops don't even lodge a tax return let alone declare their actual income.

I suppose you also think that MLs all complete their tax returns and include all their tips as income? lol

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    HHahahah how many shops report tax give me a break

Banned
    The govt would shut all these shops down in an instant if they didn't report some type of revenue. They are out in the open with signage. With that reported revenue going to zero, they won't have to pay the full rent.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    You're joking right? I bet half the shops don't even lodge a tax return let alone declare their actual income.

I suppose you also think that MLs all complete their tax returns and include all their tips as income? lol

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Mate !!! U can have a business as company or sole trader and not have gst and go for years without reporting anything and when they do catch up they just close up or sell and go back to home country no problem.. U think tax man is out knocking on doors everyday show books ? Lol think u need to wake up smell the roses br!!
    Go look in a massage girl home or boss see how many shoe boxes area filled with cash which they send home bit by bit

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Next time you're in a shop, just ask for a receipt, showing an ABN, and if the turnover is more than $75,000 per annum, make sure they show the GST component!

https://www.business.gov.au/Finance/...of-of-purchase

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yeah good luck with that how many shops say yes $40 for hr massage plus gst or gst included lol never

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Why is it then 99% of Ads for shops / Privates state CASH only ???
    Even my local Veit bakery cash only for 15 years thats the real world Bro

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by leon_001 View Post
    The govt would shut all these shops down in an instant if they didn't report some type of revenue. They are out in the open with signage. With that reported revenue going to zero, they won't have to pay the full rent.
    It doesn't work that way Loen, ATO just sends letters out for a couple years, then all they do is cancel the ABN if you don't reply. Audits are extremely rare and usually only occur if there is a reason to suspect something (ie someone reports the business).

You also seem to not understand how the mind of a massage shop owners works. They are too busy trying to screw over everyone else and take the short term win, instead of doing the right thing and protecting their long term interests within a legal structured system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123