Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone missing their sports?

Banned

Anyone missing their sports?

Coronavirus has crippled most sports around the world and let's admit it, we do miss our favourite sports. However, when these sports are requesting bailouts from the government due to funding running out from television media coverage by media companies like Foxtel, it begs to ask the question where have the millions gone? Should fans feel sorry for the CEOs, officials and players in various sports such as AFL, cricket and rugby league when they have been receiving large sums of money? Surely not! It's time for them to tighten their belts like everyone else out there. On the other hand, it's good to hear some players are going out to find some 'real' jobs like concreting or painting. It might make them realise that they need to have a backup plan during desperate times.

For those who are keen soccer (or football) fans, there's one soccer premier league that is still playing and keeping the fans entertained. It's the Belarussian Premier League. It's still continuing despite the ongoing virus pandemic with its President downplaying the threat of the virus in his country. There are also three other countries in the world including Burundi, Tajikistan and Nicaragua where the game is still being played. With no other soccer being played elsewhere, the Belarussian Premier League competition and clubs are gaining much interest from fans worldwide. Any keen soccer fans out there taking an interest in this competition?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Was looking forward to the NRL this year, hopefully they will be back soon.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’m missing the nba season

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by kojak View Post
    Me too! It is fucking killing me not being able to watch the footy. I live for Origin and cannot stand the thought of not seeing the mighty Queenslanders in action.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kojak View Post
    May 28 is the planned date for the resumption of the rugby league competition. Seriously do the NRL bosses and Wayne Pearce believe the game will be up and running when there is social distancing, travel bans and no physical contact allowed? The various state governments have not even been consulted about the start up.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The NRL certainly didn’t consider the health minister in discussions. Surely if they consulted his staff he would’ve heard about it.
    The NRL is out of control & need to be pulled into line. I’d love too see it back but c’mon this can’t happen yet. So what if the season runs to December & starts in July like the AFL looks like doing. It’s probably a long shot but crowds could be back by the finals especially if it’s December. As for Origin the game would survive without it for one year to fit more games in if it starts in July or August.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    It is a dying sport and they are are grasping at what they can.
    The NRL head office has been draining the game of millions and it's no wonder they're desperate to get the game started. Now the Deputy Chief Medical Adviser in NSW has stated that the NRL must seek permission before commencing.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I think with a lot happening now the quality would be reduced if they continued it.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I don't understand how NRL games are more important than keeping pandemic contained.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolite View Post
    I don't understand how NRL games are more important than keeping pandemic contained.
    Sport is an integral part of Australian culture and forms a key element of current Australian life. Aussies love their sports whether it be at the Olympics, soccer world cup, the cricket or rugby. With sport comes our thirst for drinking and mateship and there is no denying that Aussies love to drink during games. Despite a serious pandemic affecting our lives, many sports fan need their fix (see their sports) or they will go crazy.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    You won't die if you don't watch sports for a few weeks or a few months would you?
    Someone out there might actually die if pandemic does spread further.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    What’s the problem guys? I had a great afternoon today watching ESPN. They had Sign Spinning and Cup Stacking

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Argentina league is happening.
    And taiwan baseball and basetball seem to be on ??

For me i miss getting secondary income. Have more than enough on primary but with secondary i was able to donate and spendon gals and save.... Feel odd not to save...

I miss college bb as i was killing it....T.T...

99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    No sport can bet seriously at the moment.

Wtf

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Here in NYC... missing the MLB starting up. This was going to be the Yankees year with Cole and hopefully no injury plaguing the team.

Not to worry though, more important things in life.

The masters going to be rescheduled to November.

NBA will be on the front foot of returning as soon as feasible. I think Australia will be fine in the medium term... currently playing it safe due to the horrible outcome in Italy, Spain and UK. Australia can weather this appropriately, and the handful of cases that emerge in the near term can be managed by the great healthcare system back home.

The crowd issues won’t impact Roosters games that’s for sure . Nor Sheffield Shield - start it up!

Up the Mighty Broncos

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    You won't die if you don't watch sports for a few weeks or a few months would you?
    Someone out there might actually die if pandemic does spread further.
    Its not about us. Its all about the money.... ScoMo and that wanker of Vic call Daniel Andrews held several meeting before calling off the F1, arguable the biggest pot lose in the sports opening season of Australia given most of the team already there., thanks to Wuhan Pneumonia. Logistics, advertising, tickets....etc all gone down the drain and you can't postpone it or rearrange it like NRL or AFL.

Then there is the usual Aussie favorite Like NRL, AFL, Racing... Huge money invest in these events. Funny the politics and the influential is so evidential, with the AFL has the least bargaining power while Racing is allow to keep going. Again money talks.....

I wonder what is going to happen to all the major European soccer league..... that is the biggest mystery for now.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Players are currently taking pay cuts in all sports. I wonder what happens medium-long term, just can’t see how current player contracts are financially viable for sports on the verge of bankruptcy.

Will professional players have a longer term pay cut or contract re-negotiation?

Thinking about how the cricketers played hard-ball Cricket Australia not that long ago.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
    Players are currently taking pay cuts in all sports. I wonder what happens medium-long term, just can’t see how current player contracts are financially viable for sports on the verge of bankruptcy.

Will professional players have a longer term pay cut or contract re-negotiation?

Thinking about how the cricketers played hard-ball Cricket Australia not that long ago.
    They've been well paid already, I'm sure they won't struggle even if they take a pay cut, unless if they insist on continuing to live a lavish lifestyle.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    They've been well paid already, I'm sure they won't struggle even if they take a pay cut, unless if they insist on continuing to live a lavish lifestyle.
    Totally agree, I think many are over paid and need to take a permanent pay cut to save their sport

It's a perfect time to rewatch some old legendary matches.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast