Thread: Will our favourite shops and girls live on??

Senior Member(無間使者)

Will our favourite shops and girls live on??

With the extent of shut downs - has anyone heard if our favourite places will close for good ? If not what about the talent pool Sydney has had - hopefully it goes back to the way it was but are we in for a slow return to quality ?

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    No. It is too early to guess what the outcomes will be.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah I had a chat to an owner early last week - he is struggling and supporting some of the girls by letting them sleep at the shop , but how long can they last before the money runs out
    Also some of them are accepting some clients but you gotta wonder about that

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I wonder if any of the shops/girls are legitimate enough to claim the 750/week JobKeeper payments? That's the equivaelnt of 15 HJs in RnT

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I wonder if any of the shops/girls are legitimate enough to claim the 750/week JobKeeper payments? That's the equivaelnt of 15 HJs in RnT
    Bros, I don’t think these girls would be on the books...some are students, on visas, and can’t work 20+hrs...all cashola bros would be my guess!!!

Legit massage shops in shopping centres could be different, some of them might be on PAYG ?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    The places in the shopping centers usually have their tills tied to the likes of Westfield. Landlord takes the rent and a percentage of turnover of the smaller shops. Most of these would have to be above board or they would not be able to operate on this environment.

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    The places in the shopping centers usually have their tills tied to the likes of Westfield. Landlord takes the rent and a percentage of turnover of the smaller shops. Most of these would have to be above board or they would not be able to operate on this environment.
    Good points, especially most of them are with health funds rebates too and majority of their clients paid by credit card or eftpos . Most likely they are all on Jobkeeper, and let’s not forget : all these stimulus package will eventually be paid for by all of us and our children!

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Good points, especially most of them are with health funds rebates too and majority of their clients paid by credit card or eftpos . Most likely they are all on Jobkeeper, and let’s not forget : all these stimulus package will eventually be paid for by all of us and our children!
    JobKeeper doesn't kick in until next month, and it doesn't appear to be retrospective.

From reading the blurb, any business that pays taxes and has staff "employed" can claim. It would all depend on if/how the girl's cut of the massage fee (not the extras) is recorded in the books.

And the girls who have PR might be able to claim the lesser JobSeeker payments.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Any girls with PR just joins queue at Centrelink just like about a million other Australians. Jobseeker is retrospective but doesn't start paying till late May for the eligible. The government is sticking solid to no funds for Student Visa holders, which is about 80% of the ML here.. Part of their criteria was to have $30K in funds to get them through their study year. Those that "created" that account are now in a bad spot here and most cannot get home either. I would suggest for the punters who like a risk, Thai Town will be jumping very soon if not already😎😎

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by trampslikeus55 View Post
    Any girls with PR just joins queue at Centrelink just like about a million other Australians. Jobseeker is retrospective but doesn't start paying till late May for the eligible. The government is sticking solid to no funds for Student Visa holders, which is about 80% of the ML here.. Part of their criteria was to have $30K in funds to get them through their study year. Those that "created" that account are now in a bad spot here and most cannot get home either. I would suggest for the punters who like a risk, Thai Town will be jumping very soon if not already����
    Not quite. Under section 9 of the Payment Rules, an individual is only eligible employee if, amongst other things, during the relevant fortnight:
    - they were an employee of the employer during the relevant fortnight (Payment Rules s 9(1)(a));
    - as at 1 March 2020, they were not a casual employee, unless they were a “long term casual employee” of the employer (Payment Rules s 9(1)(b) and (2)(b)(i) and (ii));
    - as at 1 March 2020, they were an Australian resident or an Australian tax resident holding a special category visa (Payment Rules s 9(1)(b) and (2)(c));
    - the individual has given their employer a notice in the approved form certifying certain matters (the “nomination notice”) (Payment Rules s 9(1)(b) and (3)(a)).

These appear to be the eligibility requirements that matter.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Interesting how many "For Lease" signs around on ex-massage premises....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper63 View Post
    Not quite. Under section 9 of the Payment Rules, an individual is only eligible employee if, amongst other things, during the relevant fortnight:
    - they were an employee of the employer during the relevant fortnight (Payment Rules s 9(1)(a));
    - as at 1 March 2020, they were not a casual employee, unless they were a “long term casual employee” of the employer (Payment Rules s 9(1)(b) and (2)(b)(i) and (ii));
    - as at 1 March 2020, they were an Australian resident or an Australian tax resident holding a special category visa (Payment Rules s 9(1)(b) and (2)(c));
    - the individual has given their employer a notice in the approved form certifying certain matters (the “nomination notice”) (Payment Rules s 9(1)(b) and (3)(a)).

These appear to be the eligibility requirements that matter.
    I am often asked to do a lot of things for many girls. " Can you help me with my tax return" has never been one of them. That is their major problem here and now🙃

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There seems to be an emerging “outcall” market For those who can pay , problem is a lot of us are now unemployed along with the ML&WLs. Hope when it all turns around we can find the good ones again at a reasonable fee - $300 is a bit above my pay grade

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I am often asked to do a lot of things for many girls. " Can you help me with my tax return" has never been one of them. That is their major problem here and now��
    sorry mate ... not an accountant. But can recommend a good one. PM me for details

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Some girls will disappear and some shops will disappear and some punters will disappear.
    But punting will still go on.
    Don't stress.
    Enjoy!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hallelujah bro 👍

Banned
    I am often asked to do a lot of things for many girls. " Can you help me with my tax return" has never been one of them. That is their major problem here and now��
    I bet if you asked whether they have lodged a tax return with the ATO declaring the cash they have received from working at the shop(s), their response would be "what is that? or "why?". I had a few say this.