Thread: Gaining Weight during these times

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    No Beer
    No sugerly drinks
    No carb food
    No process food
    8+ hours of sleep
    Daily exercise that's include SEX.

put on a few kilos and subsequently lost the 6 pack by drinking 6 packs. My regular says I am having our baby now!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I hear you all..

Bingeing on Netflix at night plus eating chips at the same time hasn’t helped the body..

Plus ice cream..

Decided to enjoy the holiday season n will get back to chin ups n sit-ups from the new year..

Plus hopefully visiting some hotties that really increase the heart rate..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manpower08 View Post
    Summed it up beautifully. Also hate to say it keep away from your mothers cooking.
    Fat blokes need to understand that losing weight after the age of 40 is a metabolic and hormonal process. Running laps around the oval or riding a bike for 20 km is not going to make much difference. Some YouTube fitness gurus will go on about calories in and calories out blah blah blah. The trouble with the small calorie deficit method is that the body soon gets used to it and you stop losing weight after an initial hit.

Managing your insulin production is the only way to effectively lose weight. And you do that by limiting the carbohydrates you stuff in your mouth. So if you’re a fat cunt or a skinny cunt with a belly and you want to get nice six-pack abs, stop eating sugar and starch. And that includes potatoes, bananas, apples, bread, pasta, pizza and anything else sweet. And instead of guzzling beer, try vodka or gin

The first few days will be hard as you wean yourself off sugar. You will be irritated, short tempered and will get a headache. After a week, it becomes piss easy. After two weeks, you will consider sugar a poison and will not look back. At week three, you will have no business venturing into the middle isles of Woolies. Trust me, you will not miss sugar. You will drop about 1kg a week on average. More if you’re a super fat cunt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toysrus View Post
    I disagree, losing weight is all about building muscle and having a small calorie deficit so you still consume enough protein and calories to be anabolic. This is body recomposition.

Your body isn't going to adapt to a small deficit very quickly, if your are anabolic enough to build muscle. It's going to adapt if you have a big deficit and lose muscle because your body is in a catabolic state.

I ate bananas, apples and carbs.
    Increasing protein intake and reducing carb is the key. Weight training builds muscle and you keep burning fat during the day

What do you replace your carbs with? And do you aat least eat fruit? (Not bananas)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    What do you replace your carbs with? And do you aat least eat fruit? (Not bananas)
    Meat, chicken, fish, ham, deli meats, walnuts/almonds, cheese, green vegetables, salads, berries, protein shakes, coconut milk, coffee. It’s all real food.

My typical day will be:

Breakfast - 3 cups of black coffee over 3 hours
    Lunch - chicken and salad, plus some nuts
    Dinner- meat/fish and green vegetables. A few strawberries and plain yoghurt

If I’m going to the gym to lift weights (4 times a week), I will have a pre workout protein shake - whey with coconut milk.

The hunger cravings and the need to eat snacks between meals will all disappear after a couple of weeks as your insulin production stabilises. The first week will be the hardest as the body needs to learn to get its energy from fat and not from carbs.

I had to do something. My HbA1c and blood sugar levels were increasing each year and I was headed for diabetes. That can then cause erectile dysfunction and then no more punting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234