Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TraceTogether App

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

TraceTogether App

This appears to be one of the solutions to lifting the current lockdown. Government needs to give pretty good assurances regarding privacy. Still, I'm not going down this road. I'll own up to my travels if required but I have enough problems with Google maps knowing where I am, let alone giving the government a free kick. Any thoughts?

Junior Member(有D料到) smiling wide's Avatar
    I don't know man. I heard about this app being deployed in Singapore a while back but their govt appears a bit more draconian.

I'm a tin foil hat guy, so if it gets adopted, I'll have to start carrying a spare phone in case it had the ability to identify users within the proximity without having blue tooth on. I'll carry a Nokia 208 feature phone around and just make sure I know where I'm going within having the phone on me. Same as punting...

I think the app is relatively safe. You're right about Google maps. I feel it will know where you have been but also stores this data on your phone. Not a fan, as this info can be readily accessible compared to a cloud environment where will require authentication.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Makes sense about lifting restrictions though. That's one benefit I'd do it for. But the tin foil hat stays on

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Could always leave the phone at home or turn it off a near a regular haunt like a servo or supermarket. Simple solution to any privacy questions etc.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Turn off the phone and take the SIM card out. Like in the movie.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Could always leave the phone at home or turn it off a near a regular haunt like a servo or supermarket. Simple solution to any privacy questions etc.
    It will probably be a condition of breaking lockdown that you have the phone and app on you at all times. If you get pulled over and questioned the police will probably have a device/app that will know if you are complying or not. Risk the $1000 fine I guess.

Bigger question is if businesses are able to operate then they would need to comply too. So if a shop reopens the girls will need phones with the app. Then you will possibly have police doing app compliance raids instead of immigration raids.

Feels very dystopian, but honestly I don't know what week we're into this thing 3 or 4? And I'm sick of it already, I'd give up this privacy freedom just to be able to go out and about.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stealth View Post
    The app will be optional, it is to help trace the virus. If they don't get at least 10 million people to join then they say it will be useless.
    Yeah but if you don't join you would still be in lockdown right? If not then it wouldn't work.

As with any other information, it won’t be long before there’s an oops, someone hacked into the databank and stole all the information !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    As with any other information, it won’t be long before there’s an oops, someone hacked into the databank and stole all the information !
    I think hackers don't do much with the data apart from selling it....the buyers are who we should be more concerned with.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    That's very worrying indeed if it's hacked. And with the speed of deployment, it's very likely there are security holes here and there.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Bigger question is if businesses are able to operate then they would need to comply too. So if a shop reopens the girls will need phones with the app. Then you will possibly have police doing app compliance raids instead of immigration
    You probably found the Trojan horse. If the shop or the girl is required to use the app then we definitely have a new meaning for group sex. Imagine one of the most popular girls. Two weeks to incubate we could of anything from 60 to a 150 punters in the loop. This may still end badly 🤣🤣

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Well at least in Australia it is voluntary so nobody will be forced to join it.
    That's the beauty of living in a liberal democracy, and why Australia is such a great country.
    Many countries in the world don't have such choices or freedom.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Well at least in Australia it is voluntary so nobody will be forced to join it.
    That's the beauty of living in a liberal democracy, and why Australia is such a great country.
    Many countries in the world don't have such choices or freedom.
    Like you can have legal brothel.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is just a way for the government to control us and giving up our freedom.

Call me crazy but I don't believe what the media or government is telling us. The fukn head of WHO isn't a medical doctor and we get advice from him...

We had Iran vs US a few months back now this. Surely it's a distraction

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkkid View Post
    Why does the head of the WHO need to be a doctor?
    WHO = World Health Organisation is to advise on health matter.

Banned
    I read that the Chines government built a four billion dollar railway in the head of WHO's country Ethiopia. Maybe they were calling in a favour or two. Now Trump has pulled the rug out from under WHO!

I just saw the app: https://www.tracetogether.gov.sg/

How is my data protected?
    https://tracetogether.zendesk.com/hc...ata-protected-

I see it well, and if we all really want to get out of this situation we could collaborate.
    **Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose**

Relax guys we live in a liberal democracy. You don't have to subscribe to this ap. You are free!
    Be thankful you were born in Australia or immigrated here.
    We are the luckiest people in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Pleck View Post
    Scomo said this morning he won't rule out making it compulsory if the take up isn't good.
    Yeah, it could happen. Even in liberal democracies we sometimes are forced to give up our freedoms, privacy, rights etc for national security, disease control, counter terrorism etc.
    But you would still rather be in a liberal democracy rather than a dictatorship or one party state because at least there are limits on government power, checks and balances, avenues of appeal etc

I heard Australia is developing their own version of it. Tracing by suburb. Probably less invasive....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast