Thread: Mary on Mary St?

Junior Member(有D料到)

Mary on Mary St?

Anyone been to Mary on Mary St?
    She found me on Wechat. So I thought I would take a chance with no pics and pay her a visit. I waited in the loby like a douche for 30 mins then I left. I sent her many messages when waiting and got no answer, even though she had agreed. Did I miss out on anything good? Probably a 50yo??

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I would avoid that place, I don’t think you missed out on anything spectacular 😆

Senior Member(無間使者)
    you waited about 25 mins longer than i would have!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Avoid there mate. It is one where if you wait more than 1 minute cut losses and run. Even then be prepared to run when you get up there. They will try and push you to stay even when that stunner turns into scammer if you go through the door- stay at the door and ask them to reveal themselves to you to double check quality. Or if you walk may try and shame you by beginning to cause a commotion and begin yelling. Remember, you won’t know anyone who comes out to see, when it happened to me I just said to the person who looked out I was ubereats and they were trying to get more than they paid for.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Lol, ubereats without the backpack.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring View Post
    Lol, ubereats without the backpack.
    They nodded and shut the door so it worked.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavs View Post
    They nodded and shut the door so it worked.
    Pretty good line to come up with on the fly like that

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batting100 View Post
    Pretty good line to come up with on the fly like that
    Cannot say it was entirely spontaneous,

After a previous bad experience where I was stuck for a few minutes with others peeking their heads out at me as I awkwardly stood there waiting for the lift I do have a few excuses I use depending how I am dressed so that I can brush it off a bit if they begin yelling.

I was jeans, shirt so delivery boy it was. If I am straight from work so in a suit I say I am debt collector and just served them a court order but never had to use that one yet. If I was in really casual, I would probably say something like just dumped my gf.

Senior Member(無間使者)

After a previous bad experience where I was stuck for a few minutes with others peeking their heads out at me as I awkwardly stood there waiting for the lift I do have a few excuses I use depending how I am dressed so that I can brush it off a bit if they begin yelling.

I was jeans, shirt so delivery boy it was. If I am straight from work so in a suit I say I am debt collector and just served them a court order but never had to use that one yet. If I was in really casual, I would probably say something like just dumped my gf.
    Hahaha if they were trying to sham you, you could just admit the truth....

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Most neighbours would have a reasonable idea what is going on, and if it happened with you it's more than likely happened with others. So they would still think you're just another one in the list of unhappy Johns.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Avoid Mary St WLs. You will not have a good experience.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    Most neighbours would have a reasonable idea what is going on, and if it happened with you it's more than likely happened with others. So they would still think you're just another one in the list of unhappy Johns.
    Probably. But I work on theory of if it is a remotely plausible excuse and you are calm saying it it gives an extra even 30secs before someone complains if they do. I usually visit short term hotels if I do private so most are tourists and holidaymakers so plausible excuse again on my theory gives some escape time.

The other thing is being blunt and willing to walk fast, I know the quality I am going for is usually low but I just want a quick root. As I begin to walk they usually are very willing to negotiate at a very discounted price so objective achieved at a fraction of cost.