Thread: remedial massage open as of today

Junior Member(有D料到)

remedial massage open as of today

Any interesting explorations... anyone?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Would be keen to know if anyone has been to Oxley chompers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just checked their website. Can get some sweet spiced tea at Darra now, but not Oxley

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    Just checked their website. Can get some sweet spiced tea at Darra now, but not Oxley
    Only mon - fri app but it's a start. Don't know if i'd go for the chick with no head... Freaky 😯

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Aren't all massage places supposedly legitimate in Qld? I know NSW has a legal distinction between R&T places and regular therapeutic places, but I didn't think Qld did.
    I saw a shop in Windsor open today and assumed it was a R&T place, maybe it's not, but it got me wondering if it's allowed to open why aren't all massage shops allowed to open.
    I also noticed a new shop in Lutwyche, not open, between anytime and lavender, called real asian or true asian or similar. Also the place on the corner of Lutwyche and Albion rd seems to be gone completely, all signage removed. Looks like the post corona landscape will be quite different.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i have a feeling that we will lose a lot of shops after this!!,not going to have so much selection.. just thinking the girls will move on and shop owners still paying rent?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Drove past Royal Massage opposite Woolies in Annerley and could see the tradies upstairs. Don't know if they were cleaning out or renovating?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    This is the wording from QLD Health:

I am a qualified massage therapist. Can I still offer massage therapy?

Yes. You can provide massage therapy to clients if you hold a relevant diploma qualification or above, membership of a recognised professional organisation and approved provider status with one or more private health funds. The massage therapy must be for the management or prevention of a disease, injury or condition.

If the condition is "blue balls" ... then you comply with the Health Direction.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    In other words, professional, legitimate massage shops. I somehow don't think the Asian R&T shop qualifies. lol

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by popeye96 View Post
    In other words, professional, legitimate massage shops. I somehow don't think the Asian R&T shop qualifies. lol
    There is no distinction between legit massage shops and asian R &T. As long as the staff "hold a relevant diploma qualification or above" then any customer who says they have a legitimate reason to require massage are permitted.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    There is no distinction between legit massage shops and asian R &T. As long as the staff "hold a relevant diploma qualification or above" then any customer who says they have a legitimate reason to require massage are permitted.
    I think it’s the “ approved provider status with one or more private health funds. ” where the shops will fail the test. Doing the course is easy, setting yourself up as a legit business in that field is the tricky part.
    Last edited by Batting100; 26-04-2020 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Senior Member(無間使者)
    the difference is Remedial v Therapeutic most of the shops only have the later qualification pity as i spoke to one of my regulars today!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Interesting. Anything about their new joint at Sinnamon Park?
    Always get a good massage at this chain and the thai ladies are so cute and lovely.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Have noticed a fair few places beginning to advertise as open or opening soon

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
    Drove past Royal Massage opposite Woolies in Annerley and could see the tradies upstairs. Don't know if they were cleaning out or renovating?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I had a chat with the owner of Royal today. They're not reopening once the lockdown ends. New shop coming though, so guessing it was the unfitting of the aircons and tables being cleared out. No clue on the new location though.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batting100 View Post
    I think it’s the “ approved provider status with one or more private health funds. ” where the shops will fail the test. Doing the course is easy, setting yourself up as a legit business in that field is the tricky part.
    I don't know where Kowabunga got that from but it isn't in the Qld Health directive.

"Health services provided by health practitioners registered under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law, with social distancing observed to the extent possible." was the original exemption

it was extended to include
    "Massage therapy for the management or prevention of a disease, injury or condition, provided by a qualified massage therapist, with social distancing observed to the extent possible."

I have since found the brochure that Kowabunga got it from. That information is incorrect, the actual Qld Health Directions does not specify anything about health fund status.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...sure-direction

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchi.gaijin View Post
    I don't know where Kowabunga got that from but it isn't in the Qld Health directive.
    [/url]
    If you look further in the same QLD Health directive:
    https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...direction/help

There is a section on questions and answers.

This is what it states in terms of massage therapy.
    "
    I am a qualified massage therapist. Can I still offer massage therapy?
    Yes. You can provide massage therapy to clients if you hold a relevant diploma qualification or above, membership of a recognised professional organisation and approved provider status with one or more private health funds. The massage therapy must be for the management or prevention of a disease, injury or condition.
    "

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Good news! And I cants wait! My back is in pain...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I checked the 6 shops in the Oxley/Darra area today and the only one open was the one mentioned. Only the licencsed masseurs operating. Not the younger ones. Guy getting a massage had to fill in a bunch of forms.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Does anyone know of any places around Annerley, greenslopes, mount gravatt area that would be open. I dont really wanna drive to dara lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast