Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 45 days of no punting and I am loosing interest...anyone feel the same

Senior Member(無間使者)

45 days of no punting and I am loosing interest...anyone feel the same

I use to be a regular RnT guy until last year...loved it..was sometimes doing 3 a week .after Christmas break, as things started to warm up managed only 3 and was going to get back to normal punting when covid arrived and put a hold....now 45 days on I feel no desire to punt...so much has changed, bank balance has been looking good, even on reduced hours, pubs and diners shut have saved a a bucket full of cash.....spent that money yesterday on one of those super comfy massage chairs....I reckon I fell I printed because I could, not because I needed to ...the thrill has worn off....or has it?... Time will tell if MPs open in next couple of months....
    As foot note, bloody virus seems to leave it's RNA in infected people only to mutate and be reborn..

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Would be a bit like smoking. If you can't buy cigarettes, you wean yourself off them. But later, you decide to have one "for old time's sake" and you're hooked again.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    It's like everything.
    People think they need something, but actually they don't.
    It's just the accessibility and availability of it, that keeps people going back.
    Millions of people have stopped playing the pokies, but I am not hearing reports of mass suicides across the country.
    People are just getting on with life without pokies.
    But when they are back probably 99% of people will start playing them again, simply because they are there.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I'm hanging for a smoke

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    It's like everything.
    It's just the accessibility and availability of it, that keeps people going back.
    Millions of people have stopped playing the pokies, but I am not hearing reports of mass suicides across the country.
    But when they are back probably 99% of people will start playing them again, simply because they are there.
    Easy Access, being a large part of .. how many took their pokie thrill online

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's like everything.
    Government needs them tax monies from the gamblers

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am the opposite. Can't wait for the restrictions to be lifted.

Banned
    Just counting how much money I have saved.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I am not really missing punting. But I will start punting again after the lockdown just because it's fun and it's easily available.
    Take a hypothetical situation where punting was banned in NSW and you had to fly to Queensland or Victoria for a punt.
    Would I fly there once a week? No. Once a month? No. Once or twice a year. Yes.
    I was happy when I was punting. I am happy during the lockdown. I will be happy when I start punting again.
    I think whether I'm punting or not has little impact on my level of happiness.

Senior Member(無間使者)

i like your stye

I am not really missing punting. But I will start punting again after the lock-down just because it's fun and it's easily available.
    Take a hypothetical situation where punting was banned in NSW and you had to fly to Queensland or Victoria for a punt.
    I was happy when I was punting. I am happy during the lock-down. I will be happy when I start punting again.
    Well said. So am i happy all the same, but i do have my regrets. i have Mondays off and generally its the easiest day for me to punt. But there is always an excuse or something comes up and so i have to wait till the next Monday. As a result i might go for a RNT on Average once a month. Just before Covid19 hit i had the best experience with a ML ever. But the following week we got the lock-down. I promised myself from that moment on that as soon as they lift the restrictions i will make a point of going at least once a week.

Life is short, why deprive yourself of of one of life's pleasures!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Had a pretty busy month punting in the lead up to the closures, so a few weeks downtime wont kill me. Probably a benefit financially - got a little carried away. Was trying to see a girl on the last day the shops were open, but she ended up not working I assume. Keen to get going again when they lift the bans though.

I have refrained from punting for long periods in regular times, but this lockdown has made me want to punt more. The thrill of finding action in these times enhances the punt for me.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Could also be that you don't like being told you cannot do something. Everybody in the US wants a haircut if you watch some news outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Could also be that you don't like being told you cannot do something. Everybody in the US wants a haircut if you watch some news outlets.
    What about letting the tattoo parlour reopen ! Surely if you want a tattoo, that can wait ??

The Americans just love their “freedom” so much ! now even in the middle of the outbreak, they still want the freedom to choose to whether get infected or not !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    What about letting the tattoo parlour reopen ! Surely if you want a tattoo, that can wait ??

The Americans just love their “freedom” so much ! now even in the middle of the outbreak, they still want the freedom to choose to whether get infected or not !
    They are crazy capitalist who would be happy to see older generation perish by this virus , thus reducing "burden" on others, who would otherwise need to pay for pension or health... Money is expensive life is cheap....

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty4 View Post
    They are crazy capitalist who would be happy to see older generation perish by this virus , thus reducing "burden" on others, who would otherwise need to pay for pension or health... Money is expensive life is cheap....
    That is what we call the survival of the fittest.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    That is what we call the survival of the fittest.
    Pretty much what is happening now. The ones who recover will survive. Natural selection perhaps?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty4 View Post
    You are just getting the sensationalism reported back in the Australian news. In NYC, the vast majority of people are supportive of the measures put in place to get this under control and save lives. Of course there are the minority that want to protest in smaller counties and exercise their right to be “liberated”... but to take that seriously you are generalising an incredibly small number of the population. The reasons why Australia is having a decent response to the outbreak are not that “the US is such a capitalist society!”, but rather; Australia is less dense, the virus wasn’t as prevalent when restrictions took place, Australia’s health system is far better and has more capacity, Australia doesn’t have such a disparity in social demographics (in NYC, the biggest hit have been Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx and weighted towards black and Latino communities).

Hope Australia can get back to normalcy as soon as it makes sense.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I am not really missing punting. But I will start punting again after the lockdown just because it's fun and it's easily available.
    I was happy when I was punting. I am happy during the lockdown. I will be happy when I start punting again.
    This is the mentality. It's just recreation.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by imaragingbull View Post
    You are just getting the sensationalism reported back in the Australian news. In NYC, the vast majority of people are supportive of the measures put in place to get this under control and save lives. Of course there are the minority that want to protest in smaller counties and exercise their right to be “liberated”... but to take that seriously you are generalising an incredibly small number of the population. The reasons why Australia is having a decent response to the outbreak are not that “the US is such a capitalist society!”, but rather; Australia is less dense, the virus wasn’t as prevalent when restrictions took place, Australia’s health system is far better and has more capacity, Australia doesn’t have such a disparity in social demographics (in NYC, the biggest hit have been Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx and weighted towards black and Latino communities).

Hope Australia can get back to normalcy as soon as it makes sense.
    since orange man is representative of majority then news being broadcasted here in ozland is a good version of ground reality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast