Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speculation about opening timeline for shops

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Here's the current gazettal:
    https://gazette.legislation.nsw.gov....0_2020-113.pdf

Can't say that I found a specific mention for massage shops... but it could be inferred...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    An extract:

26. Sex service premises Premises must not be open to members of
    the public
    27. Spas, tattoo parlours and
    massage parlours
    No more than the total number
    of persons calculated by
    allowing 4 square metres of
    space for each person
    (including staff members) on
    the premises
    Open only for retail sale of goods and gift
    vouchers
    28. Strip clubs Premises must not be open to members of
    the public

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    June 13 is the day in NSW. Good news!!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Hurrah for normal pricing

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Nth Strathfield 227 is open for business!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    13th june, is it for massage palour? or brothel is also included?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiankou View Post
    Just massage parlour bro Tiankou

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond69 View Post
    How are you guys reading massage parlours are open? All it says is 10ppl with 4 sq metres just like most small retail stores.
    Open only for sale of goods and gift vouchers. Doesn't state goods and services.
    I thought they could do that already? It sounds to me like they can conduct business as usual with limits on how many people can be in the shop.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The current link above is the Gazette relevant for June 1. From June 13, MPs can open for services they have been able to open to sell products/vouchers since June 1.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Massage parlours are open for usual business from june 13 with nore more than 10 customers on the premises at once, simple as that, that is the only restriction. Brothels not yet, massage parlours have been able to open but only to sell products or if they had a remedial massage certificate.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    let’s say if they are open like next week before 13 june or july then we go. who would get in trouble? we or the shop?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The gazettal is effectively the law - it's what is referred to if there is a dispute in a fine or court hearing. A media stop by a politician doesn't make a new regulation or law.

If you really want to play it safe, wait until you see the updates gazetted in parliament.

Having said that, it must be really hard for all the enforcement officers (police and council and health inspectors) to keep up with the changing regulatory environment, so there's a good change mistakes will be made and they are probably aware of this, so are probably being very careful and allowing plenty of lee-way in enforcement. But if it's flagrant or likely to draw attention they will almost certainly act.

This is why the risk in a massage shop is low - mostly just a handful of workers and customers who don't hang around - nothing to be worried about from a mass infection perspective... - even if that massage shop strictly shouldn't be operating right now. There's enough confusion about what is allowed to be open and what isn't, why would anyone even bother with the potential hassle of getting an enforcement action wrong? - when the risk of harm is so low.

A ML who I know well returned to work this week, hasn't had it so good for years - 7+ jobs / day, plenty of tips and she's the only girl in the shop!

Massage parlours can reopen June 13
    Next Saturday.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good news RE: Massage parlours opening back up on 13th June. I notice that some of my favourite places have started to advertise. The ladies must certainly be very excited.

I'm now interested to see what the fine print will be though. Will we have to leave full contact details? Will we have to have COVIDSafe installed? I guess we will find out in the coming days.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiankou View Post
    Seeing that many MPs offer extra "sexual services" and will be able to open, I wonder if any brothels will rebrand themselves?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    Good news RE: Massage parlours opening back up on 13th June. I notice that some of my favourite places have started to advertise. The ladies must certainly be very excited.

I'm now interested to see what the fine print will be though. Will we have to leave full contact details? Will we have to have COVIDSafe installed? I guess we will find out in the coming days.
    I saw restaurants asking for name and mobile number, so maybe the same will apply.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

There's not much point in having COVIDsafe installed unless the WL/ ML brings her phone into the room with you... you'd probably have much greater chance of the app linking up with your neighbouring punter than the girls themselves... so there's some benefits without the same risks... at least your contact tracing will match another bloke not a girl! - much easier to explain if necessary!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    There's not much point in having COVIDsafe installed unless the WL/ ML brings her phone into the room with you... you'd probably have much greater chance of the app linking up with your neighbouring punter than the girls themselves... so there's some benefits without the same risks... at least your contact tracing will match another bloke not a girl! - much easier to explain if necessary!
    You wouldn’t know who the other person was or where you came into contact with them. All you would know is you came in contact.

Obviously if case numbers are low and details about that person was made public then there might be an issue.

Senior Member(無間使者)

If we have to provide full contact details and have covid crap, then i won't be going. someone else will.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I wonder If I gave false name and ph number to the massage parlours, would they really care and check my ID etc before letting me in?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast