Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will staff be harder to get?

Junior Member(有D料到)

Will staff be harder to get?

So China came out today advising students not to study or return to study in Australia. The supposed reasons being increased racism toward asians due to covid19 and here’s the kicker risk of catching covid19 in Australia lol.

So since most ML back stories are “I’m a student”
    will staff become harder to find?
    Will service levels drop?
    Will there be a proportionate drop in Korean/Japanese ML as well(Chinese claiming to be Korean/Japanese)?
    Will skill levels drop?
    Will we get a line of shy first day newbies?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I cant c how losing Chinese ml and being replaced with Korean, Thai etc would necessarily b a bad thing. It's not as though everyone raves about how they r the best by far, dont think ive ever seen a post to that effect. Now Taiwanese r a different story.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Chinese students are mostly rich anyways, so you won't see them as MLs, that's the season you mostly see Chinese ladies...

different story with TW and KR as both countries promote working holidays visa in Australia, however will we have enough jobs to have them here now our economy is like this???

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Who cares about young Chinese mls with their money hungry princess attitudes. seen maybe 1 in the last 18 months that was memorable & she's not here as a student but still showed that mainland Chinese attitude..Koreans & TW seem to provide the most memorable experiences..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Chinese MLs are crap, at best.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Generalising I tend to agree with all of the above. I suppose my question really related to what impact it will have if any? There are plenty of students that do short courses not uni and many saying they are anything other than what they are, Chinese. I’m just curious as to whether or not there may be a shortage of ML. Let’s also remember some other nationalities went home as well and international travel is basically zero atm.
    Last edited by Lickalot; 10-06-2020 at 05:03 PM. Reason: .

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Don't mind if you call me racist but my observation both here and in overseas countries is that the more Chinese that stay in China the better.
    I have traveled throughout SEA and the consensus in those countries is in agreement with me.
    I have found a 8% success rate with PRC ML here in Brisvegas.
    Puff Puff Prof

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Australia is heading towards becoming a country that can be considered a "safe haven" amongst many other countries where Covid-19 is still spreading.
    For that reason ... I believe Australia will become more attractive as an option for overseas students.
    A safer place on many levels.
    Certainly anticipate we'll take business away from USA.
    UK is not looking good either.
    I've heard that there has been an increase in enquiries and bookings for students from Japan coming to Australia next year. Korea also? Other countries also?
    Possibly less from China due to PRC government interference.
    I think we'll see good numbers of students from other countries because Australia will be seen as a safe and attractive place to go to based on a safe and modern multi-cultural society, universities with a great reputation for b educational and research outcomes.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Don’t think we will see a shortage. Plenty still around if you know what you’re doing

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If anything i reckon we're going to see an increase in Chinese MLs as a result.. less actual chinese students means the gov have more relaxed rules towards those who apply for student visas, so more of these dodgy student visas will get approved...
    I always inaccurately describe the times and dates of my visits

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I’ve mentioned this before. Some of my best experiences are with Chinese uni students (UQ or QUT) with a rich family background. They’re intelligent, well groomed, have money and enjoy freedom away from their controlling parents

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by brownwallaby View Post
    I’ve mentioned this before. Some of my best experiences are with Chinese uni students (UQ or QUT) with a rich family background. They’re intelligent, well groomed, have money and enjoy freedom away from their controlling parents
    Maybe what BW says could be used as a selling point to intelligent, well groomed, Chinese female students from rich backgrounds.
    I can just see Cindy Pan in a TV commercial standing in a Sydney Massage Shop in St Kilda "Where the bloody hell are you ? Come to Australia where you can work long hours massaging smelly overweight Western men who will try to grope you at every chance" I'm sure that will attract them.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    Maybe what BW says could be used as a selling point to intelligent, well groomed, Chinese female students from rich backgrounds.
    I can just see Cindy Pan in a TV commercial standing in a Sydney Massage Shop in St Kilda "Where the bloody hell are you ? Come to Australia where you can work long hours massaging smelly overweight Western men who will try to grope you at every chance" I'm sure that will attract them.
    A Sydney massage shop in St Kilda.
    Is that anything like a resturant at the end of the universe? Just as rare i would imagine. 😯

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I have probably seen over 70 mainland Chinese girls... (not exclusively - I like all races - I have probably seen over 300 girls of various race and countries...)

I would say out of those 70 only 2 or 3 are uni students - most of them are only here to "study English" in those dodgy language school but in reality they are just here working in the industry. I like to chat to them to warm up and luckily I can speak fluent mandarin, so I guess i have more in-depth understanding than most. Most of them are pretty lonely due language difficulties couple with cultural shock issues, I guess it makes them happy to open up to someone who can talk to their own language.

All of them are nothing like Brownwallaby described, they are definitely not rich or have rich parents - most of them are in some kind of debt (failed business or various financial distress) or they just in the industry to make enough money so when they go back to China to start their own business (noodle shop, restaurant, saloon, hairdresser, fish farm, massage parlour....etc). A large portion of them are not well educated - they did not attend university and often are high school dropouts due to learning difficulties (Dyslexia or other learning disorders). The few that are attending Uni are in the business to pay for their expensive tuition fee as they cannot rely on their parents because they are poor. This is actually quite similar to the Thai, korean girls I have seen as well - a lot of them are in this business to get enough funding so they can go back home to start their own dream / business due to limited skillset/educational background.

Back to the topic - no, I don't think it will not affect the industry. The Uni students are mostly not in this industry. Majority of the working ladies are "studying English" in the dodgy language schools (they actually never set foot in those schools if they actually exist). Plus I heard Australia opens up to China allowing them to do "working holiday" now.

Quote Originally Posted by blake_ly View Post
    If anything i reckon we're going to see an increase in Chinese MLs as a result.. less actual chinese students means the gov have more relaxed rules towards those who apply for student visas, so more of these dodgy student visas will get approved...
    But in this days, with the corona virus They have to be aware of online visa scams!!!
    **Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose**

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagspear View Post
    I have probably seen over 70 mainland Chinese girls... (not exclusively - I like all races - I have probably seen over 300 girls of various race and countries...)

I would say out of those 70 only 2 or 3 are uni students - most of them are only here to "study English" in those dodgy language school but in reality they are just here working in the industry. I like to chat to them to warm up and luckily I can speak fluent mandarin, so I guess i have more in-depth understanding than most. Most of them are pretty lonely due language difficulties couple with cultural shock issues, I guess it makes them happy to open up to someone who can talk to their own language.

All of them are nothing like Brownwallaby described, they are definitely not rich or have rich parents - most of them are in some kind of debt (failed business or various financial distress) or they just in the industry to make enough money so when they go back to China to start their own business (noodle shop, restaurant, saloon, hairdresser, fish farm, massage parlour....etc). A large portion of them are not well educated - they did not attend university and often are high school dropouts due to learning difficulties (Dyslexia or other learning disorders). The few that are attending Uni are in the business to pay for their expensive tuition fee as they cannot rely on their parents because they are poor. This is actually quite similar to the Thai, korean girls I have seen as well - a lot of them are in this business to get enough funding so they can go back home to start their own dream / business due to limited skillset/educational background.

Back to the topic - no, I don't think it will not affect the industry. The Uni students are mostly not in this industry. Majority of the working ladies are "studying English" in the dodgy language schools (they actually never set foot in those schools if they actually exist). Plus I heard Australia opens up to China allowing them to do "working holiday" now.
    very true. The majority of the Chinese MLs working in Bris are those with subeconomic background, poor English, poor education. And they’re not worth visiting IMHO.
    But if you can find one of the rarities who attends top Bris unis then you have a great chance to have a really good time. There used to be a number of them working at Natural Therapy Spring Hill, Amore, Star and the old Green Tea. Some of them had even attended private or top state high schools in Australia. I know at least 4 MLs who had gone to John Paul College in Daisy Hill before going to uni. And a cute one from Amore who went to Indooroopilly State HS before studying at UQ until she gained her master degree. One wildly popular girl even finished her high school at the prestigious Brisbane SHS.
    Actually when I think about it it seems that MLs with rich family background and better education, any nationality, tend to be more fun, more vfm

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    You see this is how good BW is - he is able to find the 2 or 3 ( or 6 or more, even 4 from JPC ) out of your 70, Shagspear. All hail BW!!!!!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    very true. The majority of the Chinese MLs working in Bris are those with subeconomic background, poor English, poor education. And they’re not worth visiting IMHO.
    But if you can find one of the rarities who attends top Bris unis then you have a great chance to have a really good time. There used to be a number of them working at Natural Therapy Spring Hill, Amore, Star and the old Green Tea. Some of them had even attended private or top state high schools in Australia. I know at least 4 MLs who had gone to John Paul College in Daisy Hill before going to uni. And a cute one from Amore who went to Indooroopilly State HS before studying at UQ until she gained her master degree. One wildly popular girl even finished her high school at the prestigious Brisbane SHS.
    Actually when I think about it it seems that MLs with rich family background and better education, any nationality, tend to be more fun, more vfm
    shit... i went to JPC as well Do you still have contact with ML who went to JPC? i would like to give them a try thanks

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    There were 3 Chinese (2 of them identical twins and they used their real names at the shop) and 1 Korean MLs that I used to visit. The Korean was a talented classical pianist. I think they graduated from JPC in either 2010 or 2011. But they’ve all gone back home. They were active in 2012-13, at Natural Therapy and Amore

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There were 3 Chinese (2 of them identical twins and they used their real names at the shop) and 1 Korean MLs that I used to visit. The Korean was a talented classical pianist. I think they graduated from JPC in either 2010 or 2011. But they’ve all gone back home. They were active in 2012-13, at Natural Therapy and Amore
    my little penis whimpers in disappointment... haha thanks for the info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast