Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes a good receptionist?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Red face What makes a good receptionist?

Hi everyone, my name is Anna. I'm the daytime receptionist at a populat FS Establishment. I've been reading this forum anonymously for quite a while and now I've decided to create my own account. I'm Chinese (so I speak Mandarin and Canto) but my English is pretty damn good (or at least, that's what my Aussie friends tell me).

Anyway I am always trying to get better at my job, so I have a question - what makes the best receptionist in your opinion?

Just so you know, I'm not being deliberately secretive about where I work, but I haven't asked my boss if it is OK to make it public. (Aus99 have rules about this sort of thing). Also, I'm not a WL, so don't ask!

However if you come into a popular establishment during the daytime and reception has a Chinese girl named Anna, it's probably me

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Hi Anna, welcome.
    There is a good thread at the moment about what shops could do better, it should be a good place to get some ideas.
    For me, a good receptionist has a few qualities.
    1. Honesty. By that I mean, when you get to know your regulars and their tastes, don't just push any girl on them, rather, if you play matchmaker in a way and recommend the right girl to the right client, client will be delighted, he will tell others of his positive experience, and I believe more regulars, a steadier income, will eventuated. This extends to advertising. If a girl is a size 12, that's what she is, some guys like size 4 some like size 14, some like a cups some like D or E. We don't expect brutal honesty, but as others have said elsewhere photoshopping images isn't generally well received. Another pet hate of mine is if I ask what girls are available at a time and I get "6 girls all available now, you come." I get there 5 minutes later and there is only 1 and it's the girl I didn't want to see and most of the 6 haven't even arrived yet. I know you need to keep business ticking over but in my case, I just won't return. Same with if I am told I can meet all the girls before choosing but rather than meeting all the girls I get pushed to take the first one. Yeah, I'm a bit fussy like that.

2. Attitude. Positive, friendly, helpful works for me. It's a personal services industry, and I return to certain places because I feel I am a welcome customer. That's just me though others might disagree with that one.

This points immediately come to mind and I'm sure others will have their own ideas, and more will probably come to me as I think more.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Yea when a guy asks for recommendations don’t just push a girl because maybe she isn’t getting many bookings or maybe you’re friends with her. Give an honest recommendation and leave it to the dude to make his decision.

In my early punting days all the recommendations from female receptionists were a dud. No offence to you.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Hi Asiafever, thanks for being so nice to me

You wrote some great ideas. Fake photos are something that REALLY annoy me, both here and on websites. Taking photos of the new girls is one of my jobs, and I am going to see if my boss will let me use a handwritten whiteboard in every photo that shows you the venue name and the date. And while I will always try to take a photo that is flattering to the girls, I definitely won't be using Photoshop. (If they want to hide their face, they can wear one of those feather-masks.)

My boss is also very keen on honesty (he posts here fairly often, you probably all know who he is), and I will be following his example. I think if we start setting the standard for "honesty" then we will either (a) win all the business or (b) force all the other shops to raise their standards. Either result is a win.

I am certainly friendly (unless someone is rude or unkind to me). I am also keen to build good customer relationshps, although what that means can vary. Some customers want to be directly notified about new girls, but others would be horrified if I ever contacted them without being asked to do so. Part of my job is figuring out what people want, so I can provide it.

Do please keep the suggestions coming

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Hi Meng,

That's a very good point In my defence, a lot of people are often interested in "new girls", and if she is new, that means I probably can't give you 100% reliable advice on how good she will be.

This is why I encourage all customers to stop by for a quick chat afterwards - if a girl is not performing to your standards, I really need to know. If she is good at a particular service, I need to know that too. Some of you are a bit too shy about giving me direct feedback LOL. Definitely leave a review here whenever you can, we read them and take them very seriously.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The best receptions I have encountered these years are from 5Star, almost all time although the staff change year by year.

They are patient, honest and willing to hear you out, truly make you feel welcomed. They know the girls and able to describe to you details of their body, service, personality, etc. Help you to find the best match.

They remember me and my preference though some times I haven't been there for months.

The other thing I like 5star management is that the photos they use. I know most of the photos are provided by the girls like any shops. But so far, I find 5star's photos are most accurate and can rely on for blind booking.

Hi Anna,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are wearing glasses, I think we have met a couple of times, no need to answer if you don't wish to be identified.

All the best for the re-opening on 1 July.

Go get them girls......................haha

Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by holi_day View Post
    The best receptions I have encountered these years are from 5Star, almost all time although the staff change year by year.

They are patient, honest and willing to hear you out, truly make you feel welcomed. They know the girls and able to describe to you details of their body, service, personality, etc. Help you to find the best match.

They remember me and my preference though some times I haven't been there for months.

The other thing I like 5star management is that the photos they use. I know most of the photos are provided by the girls like any shops. But so far, I find 5star's photos are most accurate and can rely on for blind booking.
    Totally agree with this. Staff at 5 star treat me as a valued customer, never bullshit me and are OK if I don't find just what I want, so I keep going back. Highly recommend this shop.

Senior Member(無間使者) Arnie_Fan_81's Avatar
    Hi Anna,

To me it's:

Someone who can understand what you're after and recommend a girl that matches closest.

Who makes a booking and sticks to it.

Who doesn't lie about available girls to sucker you in.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna123 View Post
    Hi Asiafever, thanks for being so nice to me

You wrote some great ideas. Fake photos are something that REALLY annoy me, both here and on websites. Taking photos of the new girls is one of my jobs, and I am going to see if my boss will let me use a handwritten whiteboard in every photo that shows you the venue name and the date. And while I will always try to take a photo that is flattering to the girls, I definitely won't be using Photoshop. (If they want to hide their face, they can wear one of those feather-masks.)

My boss is also very keen on honesty (he posts here fairly often, you probably all know who he is), and I will be following his example. I think if we start setting the standard for "honesty" then we will either (a) win all the business or (b) force all the other shops to raise their standards. Either result is a win.

I am certainly friendly (unless someone is rude or unkind to me). I am also keen to build good customer relationshps, although what that means can vary. Some customers want to be directly notified about new girls, but others would be horrified if I ever contacted them without being asked to do so. Part of my job is figuring out what people want, so I can provide it.

Do please keep the suggestions coming
    I think you'll do fine Anna, you seem to have a pretty good handle on things.
    You're hopefully correct in your analysis. Either other shops will raise their standards or you guys wherever you are will be the sole beneficiaries of listening to the customers.
    I agree what each customer wants will vary and sometimes we are a bit shy. I know I tend to fall in to that category.
    I get the feeling your shop is one of the ones I have yet to visit due to geography and time restraints.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Definitely some of the following:
    1. Greets with a smile (and not on their mobile with a great disinterest)
    2. Some of us are a bit shy/nervous when first get there (initial nerves entering or out of breath from all the stairs), so take time
    3. Ask what they are looking for if they don't have a booking. Some people will either want:
    - just a nice massage
    - massage and #2
    - massage, #2 and option of #3 (if you offer it)
    4. Try to match the right girl with the request, if a girl doesn't do #3 or does but doesn't like DATY, let the punter know. They will appreciate it and will feel they are getting best value for money which equals repeat and referred business
    5. When they leave, politely ask for feedback which helps for training or employing girls

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Hi Anna
    If youve been reading for a while you will have recognised number 1 hate is the bait and switch, do that and youve lost all credability espicially if the switch is below standard. I know there are punters that are just not nice but not all so dont become hard and tar everyone with the same brush. Be efficient, well organised, pleasant and try to cater for your customers requirements without unnecessary bullshit and you will do well

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by holi_day View Post
    Definitely check on that, thanks

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Puntalot View Post
    Definitely some of the following:
    1. Greets with a smile (and not on their mobile with a great disinterest)
    2. Some of us are a bit shy/nervous when first get there (initial nerves entering or out of breath from all the stairs), so take time
    3. Ask what they are looking for if they don't have a booking. Some people will either want:
    - just a nice massage
    - massage and #2
    - massage, #2 and option of #3 (if you offer it)
    4. Try to match the right girl with the request, if a girl doesn't do #3 or does but doesn't like DATY, let the punter know. They will appreciate it and will feel they are getting best value for money which equals repeat and referred business
    5. When they leave, politely ask for feedback which helps for training or employing girls
    These are really nice tips, thanks

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    I get the feeling your shop is one of the ones I have yet to visit due to geography and time restraints.
    Ohhh could be...

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie_Fan_81 View Post
    Hi Anna,

To me it's:

Someone who can understand what you're after and recommend a girl that matches closest.

Who makes a booking and sticks to it.

Who doesn't lie about available girls to sucker you in.
    Hey Arnie,

Those are some really lovely suggestions, thanks

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Anna, on the flip side of things, do you judge punters when they come in on how they are dressed?

Do the girls prefer punters in a suit and clean shaven face (or more), or do they not care too much?

I personally like to make an effort when I got out, ie don't roll u in sneakers or trackies.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Puntalot View Post
    Anna, on the flip side of things, do you judge punters when they come in on how they are dressed?
    Do the girls prefer punters in a suit and clean shaven face (or more), or do they not care too much?
    I personally like to make an effort when I got out, ie don't roll u in sneakers or trackies.
    Hey that's a good question

Each girl is different, but they definitely appreciate a bit of effort and respect. You don't need a suit and tie, but clean clothes and deoderant are always a good thing, plus wearing something reasonably decent shows some consideration.

Clean-shaven or full beard is fine, but I have never met a girl who likes having her face torn up by two-day-old stubble. The girl won't complain to your face, but she will probably try to avoid kissing you, and she will definitely complain to everyone else afterwards.

Even when there is a good reason why you can't be clean when you arrive (because maybe you just came from a construction site), then at least offer an apology. This sort of courtesy shows that you are respectful to the girl, and that ultimately what matters the most.
    Last edited by Anna123; 25-06-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna123 View Post
    Even when there is a good reason why you can't be clean when you arrive (because maybe you just came from a construction site), then at least offer an apology. This sort of courtesy shows that you are respectful to the girl, and that ultimately what matters the most.
    Lucky I work an office job, but when in Sydney I usually punt after work and have a shower, shave before heading out for some fun even if that mean enjoying another shower.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I think the receptionists should be attired in a corporate outfit just like reception staff at a hospital, bank, lawyers office etc.
    Professionalism is important.
    At the very least a freshly laundered, neatly ironed shirt or blouse.
    I like the fact you wear glasses.
    Spectacles give a very professional look and emanate assurance and trust.
    Dress standards are really dropping, not just in brothels but in society overall.
    When I was a lad the men wore shirts and ties and the ladies wore skirts and blouses. These days it's a kaleidoscope of horrors.
    Under the mantle of "diversity" and "inclusiveness" we have allowed standards of propriety to go to the dogs.
    I was at my doctors surgery the other day and the usual receptionist wasn't there.
    Instead there was a young female in black t-shirt, torn jeans and a multitude of monstrous tattoos and ghastly piercings.
    This is totally unacceptable.
    I don't care how efficient and polite a receptionist is, if they are not correctly and suitably groomed and attired they score a fail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast