Thread: Should we be bitching to the admins ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Should we be bitching to the admins ?

In nearly ALL the various forums here ....

The shops are busy bumping threads to do with there businesses.

They have their own threads to promote in.

WHY are they allowed to keep bumping reports/

Its really allowing.
    Do others agree maybe ?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The shops have been bleeding for months - they need to advertise and help generate business - they paid for this right (which funds the forum)

So chill out...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Certain places have always bumped reports.

Helps them onto my avoid list. Just use the web version and the shop filter to get the reports for where you want.

Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    In nearly ALL the various forums here ....

The shops are busy bumping threads to do with there businesses.

They have their own threads to promote in.

WHY are they allowed to keep bumping reports/

Its really allowing.
    Do others agree maybe ?
    You’ve been a member since 2014 and you don’t know this is the format of this site ?

The After Report section is part of the strategy for advertisers to promote their business, that’s what they pay the fees for so you can be here for free !

Moreover, you might not visit those shops, but others do, the information is good for those who need them. If you don’t want to see their ads, try to learn the use of “ Prefix ”!

And yes, you can use the “Block” function too !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I treat the after reports as a database and search what I need. If I see new posts I can see if it's by shops or other bros, then decide if I want to click in.

I always think that WL should have names that are easy to search. Names like Sia, Jin from Ginza can't really search as too short.

Banned
    A tale as old as time unfortunately..... this question has been raised many times over the forums and nothing changes. I don’t see any changes coming while they’re still paying. I like others just call it when I feel the need and boycott the shops that do it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think there was a time some years ago when it was all in one forum! They only changed to have sub forums for AR, rosters and shop info because the first few pages of the “main” forum was ALL posts from shops.

I much better now, though it’s not perfect

Senior Member(無間使者) Arnie_Fan_81's Avatar
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Best to ignore like people have said.

Banned
    Looking at the AR section again right now and all but 1 post bump is from a shop and not a punter.

Admins, can’t you do something about this? I understand it’s where you make your money but it’s very frustrating as a punter looking for punter responses which is why this forum exist. There must be some way to manage how many bumps a shop can do in a specific time to make the AR section more useful for us punters?

I understand this has always been there and the admins ignore it but I for one know I’ll never give up on it.

Banned
    Punter responses to the AR's are interesting, but it is the AR's that are the main point. Imagine the reverse - all punter responses but no AR!

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    Looking at the AR section again right now and all but 1 post bump is from a shop and not a punter.

Admins, can’t you do something about this? I understand it’s where you make your money but it’s very frustrating as a punter looking for punter responses which is why this forum exist. There must be some way to manage how many bumps a shop can do in a specific time to make the AR section more useful for us punters?

I understand this has always been there and the admins ignore it but I for one know I’ll never give up on it.
    This issue had been raised many times and explained by various members. You’ve been a member since 2012, if you still don’t understand why the section was created, we can’t help you anymore.

The fact is, the After Report Section the way it is, is not only beneficial to the shops, it’s beneficial to punters too, many punters have discovered places and girls that they wouldn’t have known or explored. Without this section, as in other forums, you have to go through a number of sub-sections before you locate the shop you are interested in and read what’s there. Here it’s kind of " pushed ” or “bumped” to your attention for you to discover new ventures. If that’s not what you want, you just want to stick to the shop you go to, then try to learn to use “ PREFIX ”, then all you see is the posts of your shop, just like other forums, with fewer key strokes.

We would hope after this explanation, no one is going to raise this issue any more. If anyone keeps creating trouble with this issue, he will be treated as malicious attack on the forum!
    Last edited by Aus99 Moderator; 02-08-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Banned
    This forum costs us nothing
    The admins do a great job
    So why bitch to them...??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus99 Moderator View Post
    This issue had been raised many times and explained by various members. You’ve been a member since 2012, if you still don’t understand why the section was created, we can’t help you anymore.

The fact is, the After Report Section the way it is, is not only beneficial to the shops, it’s beneficial to punters too, many punters have discovered places and girls that they wouldn’t have known or explored. Without this section, as in other forums, you have to go through a number of sub-sections before you locate the shop you are interested in and read what’s there. Here it’s kind of " pushed ” or “bumped” to your attention for you to discover new ventures. If that’s not what you want, you just want to stick to the shop you go to, then try to learn to use “ PREFIX ”, then all you see is the posts of your shop, just like other forums, with fewer key strokes.

We would hope after this explanation, no one is going to raise this issue any more. If anyone keeps creating trouble with this issue, he will be treated as malicious attack on the forum!
    No, I was a member before the forum changed to the format it is today. This predates 2012.

Day in and day out the AR section is 90% some shops bumping old ARs posted by punters, all genuine new ARs get pushed down to back pages because the more active shops just push to the front. Many punters do not discover new places and girls because of this. You should have to look for specific shops if you’re after something specific and not just be bombarded with the few active shops that flood the front pages.

Your explanation does nothing to address the issue. If you can’t take veteran member feedback then I’m not sure you can take any. This forum is great because of all member feedback, there shouldn’t be censoring because you don’t like what some have to say and don’t want to address it properly.

Banned
    This forum is very busy, so all post get pushed down.
    My review was on 5th page after 2 days.
    It’s good and bad.
    I guess nothing is perfect for everyone, it’s a good forum already.
    知足常乐