Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LETS HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE

Senior Member(無間使者)

LETS HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE

Hi all. Thought I would post this for future discussion and as the title states, I hope this is not true. Those of us that are closes to Chinese WL need to be alert for what is possibly coming down the road. It appears that the PRC is about to retaliate in a very different way to what would normally be anticipated. We have 2 rumours at present. Firstly, any citizen who applies for residency in a foreign country will automatically lose their Chinese passport. And secondly, there will be a form of census in China in November this year and any citizen that is not currently residing in China will lose their Identification number. This will leave them in a precarious position if they try to return to China. These rumours are currently circulating on WeChat. Not sure of the truth of either and in reality I think our government will be the last to know. Technically, other than us punters, I would guess that our government would not really care. The residency issue is probably more minor, although serious to those in that position but the second rumour could see a mass exit back home of WL. And not much chance of getting back with Visa issues and Co-Vid lockouts. Hope I am wrong

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    These are true, not rumours, but not new either.

Chinese government do not allow dual citizenship. If you obtain other countries citizenship, you automatically lost your Chinese citizenship.

The upcoming census will remove the Hukou of those living overseas long time and have resistance. Not the ID. Hukou is what the Chinese government allow local resources. E.g.education, medical care, eligibility of buying properties etc. If you don't live there, doesn't have material impact anyway.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Thanks for clarification on part. The dual citizenship was not in question. The rumour is they will have their passports cancelled. There is a belief that they will not be allowed back into China fullstop.

Banned
    in that case I'm sure we'll still have plenty of Koreans, Hongkonese, Taiwanese and Japs to service us like Kings.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by trampslikeus55 View Post
    Thanks for clarification on part. The dual citizenship was not in question. The rumour is they will have their passports cancelled. There is a belief that they will not be allowed back into China fullstop.
    If they apply for foreign citizenship, they have to declare it in China, their Chinese citizenship gets revoked, and their passport is automatically cancelled. From then on if they want to visit China, they 'should' be treated like any other foreigner and need to apply for a visa of some sort. Whether the Chinese are going to start denying visas to former Chinese citizens is the question.

I doubt it as many Chinese have settled abroad and continue to invest in their motherland, send money to their family, and visit the country.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If Chinese government does this, they would loose a lot of citizens and looking at what China does to people this does not come as surprise to me, look what they are doing to Hong Kong, Taiwan and not to mention rest of the world by spreading Covid to world, i would say Chine has always been cancer to the world, it will never change until they get good leader and get rid of Wine the Poo and CCP.

Banned
    I am so sad for Hong Kong. When you are used to freedom since the birth of the city it is like Sydney being taken over buy the CCP. Just think for a moment to wake up tomorrow and that has happened. That is what has happened to Hong Kong.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yep - the situation is not good at all

Banned
    Hongkonese should revolt

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Anyone with any common sense could see this happening. They already won when the HK government acquiesced on the law and should have walked away then but the protestors then started demanding things like independence which were never going to happen. They demonstrations then started becoming more and more violent and from there, it was obvious what was going to happen. They bought this on themselves. They can live with the consequences of their actions now.

Banned
    Oh dear

Who has been using TIK TOK ?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Good to hear we are letting more Hong Kongers into Australia.
    Hopefully we will let even more in than the initial Australian Government programme.
    These are exactly the type of people we need in Australia.
    They will make a great contribution to Australia socially, economically, and culturally.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    And what exactly they doing to Taiwan hongkong ?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carissawhore View Post
    If Chinese government does this, they would loose a lot of citizens and looking at what China does to people this does not come as surprise to me, look what they are doing to Hong Kong, Taiwan and not to mention rest of the world by spreading Covid to world, i would say Chine has always been cancer to the world, it will never change until they get good leader and get rid of Wine the Poo and CCP.
    What exactly are they doing to Taiwan and Hong Kong ?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am a bit lost. What exactly is Chinese government doing wrong to their oversea citizens?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wow, what’s China gov doing to HK/Taiwan and the rest of world?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by holi_day View Post
    I am a bit lost. What exactly is Chinese government doing wrong to their oversea citizens?
    China bashers just trolling. I wouldn't worry about it. This thread basically just dumb rumors with no evidence

Junior Member(有D料到) smiling wide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Good to hear we are letting more Hong Kongers into Australia.
    Hopefully we will let even more in than the initial Australian Government programme.
    These are exactly the type of people we need in Australia.
    They will make a great contribution to Australia socially, economically, and culturally.
    I second this. I'll keep my thoughts to myself about the Chinese Communist Party in case I need to visit HK in the future. I would hate to be detained over there due to a comment posted here. The threat is real as STDs.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smiling wide View Post
    I second this. I'll keep my thoughts to myself about the Chinese Communist Party in case I need to visit HK in the future. I would hate to be detained over there due to a comment posted here. The threat is real as STDs.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
    I am not anti China.
    They need our coal and iron, we need their manufactured goods.
    Business is business.
    They have their system, we have our system.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Some dumb people just posted these dumb/uneducated comments on China government without evidence, and just mislead by these stupid media as they always do in past decades.
    This thread is noting to do with it, let’s keep it simple.

Each country has its own rules/system and ect which must be the most appropriate one for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast