Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LETS HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Isn't it simply that China has 'tolerated' citizens having a 2nd passport, even though it's technically illegal (same as in many Asian countries).

I mean pretty obvious person leaves China for 6 months on a direct flight to Australia, then comes back directly 6 months later yet don't have an Australian visa in their Chinese passport.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by moz View Post
    Isn't it simply that China has 'tolerated' citizens having a 2nd passport, even though it's technically illegal (same as in many Asian countries).

I mean pretty obvious person leaves China for 6 months on a direct flight to Australia, then comes back directly 6 months later yet don't have an Australian visa in their Chinese passport.
    China do not tolerate 2nd passport. The scenario you described is not possible. If you are a Chinese passport holder and you are using it to travel to or from china, you can't get through their immigration to leave the country unless you have a valid visa and air ticket to the destination country.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Who tell you no Oz visa on their Chinese passport. My regular WL Tells me she need a OZ visa to come to Aust. With tourist visa is 3 months.

Banned
    they need our coal and oil
    we need their pussy
    free trade

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornedone View Post
    they need our coal and oil
    we need their pussy
    free trade
    dude Australia imports almost all of its oil

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by trampslikeus55 View Post
    Firstly, any citizen who applies for residency in a foreign country will automatically lose their Chinese passport.
    This will not happen because other countries are not going to pass on information to China of their new citizens. The Chinese citizenship is between China and the (now ex) Chinese citizen.

And secondly, there will be a form of census in China in November this year and any citizen that is not currently residing in China will lose their Identification number.
    This is very wishy washy. "Not residing in China" does not mean they have citizenship elsewhere. They are unlikely to lose their ID number. What I could envision occurring is their hukou address being unregistered, forcing them to reregister when they are back in the country. Beyond that..

although serious to those in that position but the second rumour could see a mass exit back
    Unless other countries started sharing information of new citizens while also obtaining sufficient identifying information for another government to identify people nothing will happen and this is usual hand wringing.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mixtress View Post
    If they apply for foreign citizenship, they have to declare it in China, their Chinese citizenship gets revoked, and their passport is automatically cancelled.
    No they don't. They are meant to declare it. Many do not. Most do not. Most are quite attached to China.

It is not tolerated. Again this goes back to Australia and other normal countries not sharing information of new citizens with foreign governments. If one was to travel to China on their valid Chinese passport after receiving Australian citizenship you travel as Chinese. If you travel on an Australian passport you travel as Australian. There is no way for China to tie these together (wait..) unless the person carries both and tries to use both. In other parts of the world one can travel on multiple passports and enter/leave countries on different passports. For example, if I had UK and Australian passport I could enter the US on my UK passport and leave on my Australian one and noone would care. However in Chinas case you need to enter and leave on the same passport as it contains your visa information (if Australian) and entry/exit stamps if Chinese. If you try to exit without entry stamps on your Chinese passport you will have issues and if you try to enter on your Australian passport without a visa you won't be able to. So you need to use the same passport for entry and exit purposes.

Thus if you have Chinese passport and an Australian passport you can enter and leave on the same passport you are treated as either an Australian citizen in china or as a Chinese citizen in China. There are various reasons to use a Chinese passport to enter China. You skip immigration (mostly) and it is faster to get out of the airport. You do not need to register wither either as hotel or the local police if you are staying with relatives. You are treated as Chinese rather than being treated as a foreigner.

And this is likely why there was drama around Wuhan flights at the start of the pandemic - Australia was trying to help "citizens" who had entered China on their Chinese passports and China was treating these people as Chinese, because in Chinas eyes.. they are.

In short the story that is being circulated sounds like bs.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by James_jones View Post
    Australia was trying to help "citizens" who had entered China on their Chinese passports and China was treating these people as Chinese, because in Chinas eyes.. they are.
    And that's why I said China historically 'tolerates' the dual passport situation.

It would not be hard for the Chinese authorities to determine who might have a 2nd passport even though they are not using it to enter/exit China

Senior Member(無間使者)

It would not be hard for the Chinese authorities to determine who might have a 2nd passport even though they are not using it to enter/exit China
    How would they do that

How would they do that
    Maybe using Daoism techniques ? Just ask a Daoism high priest to close his fingers and calculate, all would be revealed !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How would they do that
    Direct flight with no Aus visa or stamp in China passport - pretty obvious

Indirect flights, say to Singapore with only Singapore stamps, but financial records of transferring money to Aus or social media - again pretty obvious

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I am not anti China.
    They need our coal and iron, we need their manufactured goods.
    Business is business.
    They have their system, we have our system.
    That is the point, we have our system, and they are supposed to have two systems.

Business might be business but conscience is conscience and neither can survive without the other. Twiggy sure needs a lesson in that. We should wean ourselves off China and many countries are starting to wake up to that. That will hit them where it hurts. Covid isn’t the virus infecting China, it’s the CCP. They might claim to be China but they are a piss stain on it.

Forcibly collecting DNA for national surveillance database. (New York Times.)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Direct flight with no Aus visa or stamp in China passport - pretty obvious

Indirect flights, say to Singapore with only Singapore stamps, but financial records of transferring money to Aus or social media - again pretty obvious
    Yawn. None of that is grounds for stripping citizenship. Doing business (money), and having photos on social media. Removal of citizenship is difficult because if counties do it and the person has none.. what do they do? Heh.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I am just astounded at how confident some of you are of issues you wouldn’t know squat about.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Brother, i read news everday and from goverment source, i can tell you it's fake news. Thanks.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Pooh can go f himself and all the Prc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12