Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which country do you think will find vaccine for Covid first?

Quote Originally Posted by troubledsoul View Post

I think you could be right there!

Looks like the Chinese are keeping a relatively low key on the matter. Only two separate reports on the vaccine matter in the past couple of months from the Chinese news:

1st, stage three vaccine testing had been sent to the middle east (UAE?) for stage 3 human testing, the testing has to go overseas as there weren't enough active cases within China at the time.

2nd, 900 million doses of more stage 3 human trials had been sent to Brazil for testing.

I wonder between the CCP and the Oxford development, which reign's success will be more likely to benefit the whole wide world irrespective of the country's power, wealth and economic strength ??

Junior Member(有D料到)
    If the chinese got it first. They could play the narrative as world saviour (some would say redeem itself, but previous outbreaks were in other countries and I dont see people blaming the country)

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I think you could be right there!

Looks like the Chinese are keeping a relatively low key on the matter. Only two separate reports on the vaccine matter in the past couple of months from the Chinese news:

1st, stage three vaccine testing had been sent to the middle east (UAE?) for stage 3 human testing, the testing has to go overseas as there weren't enough active cases within China at the time.

2nd, 900 million doses of more stage 3 human trials had been sent to Brazil for testing.

I wonder between the CCP and the Oxford development, which reign's success will be more likely to benefit the whole wide world irrespective of the country's power, wealth and economic strength ??
    A vaccine to the global pandemic that is COVID 19? You’d be naive to think whoever discovers it first won’t try to use it as leverage in the game of geopolitical power struggle. Regardless of whether it’s the CCP or the US.

It’s a really sad thing but I suspect a vaccine will most definitely be used as a hostage to twist the arms of less powerful nation. Again I think both countries will do it. You’d be stupid not to.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    A vaccine to the global pandemic that is COVID 19? You’d be naive to think whoever discovers it first won’t try to use it as leverage in the game of geopolitical power struggle. Regardless of whether it’s the CCP or the US.

It’s a really sad thing but I suspect a vaccine will most definitely be used as a hostage to twist the arms of less powerful nation. Again I think both countries will do it. You’d be stupid not to.
    If Australia develops the vaccine 1st. Do we think that we would give it to the USA 1st ? Just like us sending billions to buy USA missles in da middle of a economic recession & record unemployment

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    If Australia develops the vaccine 1st. Do we think that we would give it to the USA 1st ? Just like us sending billions to buy USA missles in da middle of a economic recession & record unemployment
    Well knowing Scomo, yes we might. He might prioritise US lives over Australian.

I always get the feeling Scomo reminds me of those kids who never use to be cool and then a big cool kid comes along and “brings him into” his circle and now he’s all giddy and will do anything for that big kid to keep liking him and the big kid knows it and keeps him around because he’ll do whatever the big kid wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    Well knowing Scomo, yes we might. He might prioritise US lives over Australian.

I always get the feeling Scomo reminds me of those kids who never use to be cool and then a big cool kid comes along and “brings him into” his circle and now he’s all giddy and will do anything for that big kid to keep liking him and the big kid knows it and keeps him around because he’ll do whatever the big kid wants.
    Mark my words and you watch:

Come November, after Joe Biden wins the election and improves the US/China relationship, Morrison will be kicking himself on all the things he did to the CCP now!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I think probably US or China.. countries with most $$$ to put into the solution

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    although from a parochial point of view I hope its Australia

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Could be a good money earner if you came up with it !

Junior Member(有D料到)
    China has had a head start you can say as that's where the virus originated from. Who knows how close/ far they are with regards to a vaccine.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poonhound69 View Post
    China has had a head start you can say as that's where the virus originated from. Who knows how close/ far they are with regards to a vaccine.
    It would be an interesting call from ScoMo to Xi if China announces it has successfully created the vaccine 1st

Banned
    It appears to be a race between China and the US to get their hands on the vaccine first. The US has accused China of stealing medical research from companies involved in the race to develop the vaccine.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Mark my words and you watch:

Come November, after Joe Biden wins the election and improves the US/China relationship, Morrison will be kicking himself on all the things he did to the CCP now!
    I wouldn't discount the Don yet.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Not sure which country will be first to discover it, but it's a sure bet which will be the first country to steal it

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I think China will probably find it!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Oxford enters final trials, so maybe they will

Just came across this news flash from Hong Kong Radio News:

美聯社報道,中國疾控中心主任高福表示,自己已經注射一種實驗性質的新冠病毒疫苗,希望說服公衆在疫苗獲批 後仿效接種。

As reported by the Associated Press, the Director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control CCDC has recently received an injection of a Covid19 vaccine as part of their human trial.

Gao Fu (Chinese: 高福; pinyin: Gāo Fú; born 15 November 1961), also known as George Fu Gao, is a Chinese virologist and immunologist. He has served as Director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention since 2017 and Dean of the Savaid Medical School of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences since 2015.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I wouldn't discount the Don yet.
    We're all very sure Mr Orange will gladly share the vaccine with Aus for generously donating $270billion to USA plus any ADF deployment they want anywhere in the world on the Aussie taxpayer funds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12