Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Face mask

Senior Member(無間使者)

Face mask

I am not an anti masker....but I fail to see how a mask prevents a virus...same with anti-bacterial hand sanitizer...
    I do get that droplets from a cough or sneeze or from those who spit while talking can be arrested by face mask....but it ends there. Other question bothering me is about disposal of hundred of thousand of used mask...used mask by common people end up in garbage bins...is this a disaster waiting to happen 🤔 given that virus lives on for few days as mentioned by scientists.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Virus is airborne. Proper masks prevent the droplets from escaping or being taken in. If a carrier is wearing a mask and you aren't or vice verca your risks are reduced, if you both are wearing a mask and maintain social distance it reduces to near 0 risk.

This video explains well.
    https://youtu.be/x6cTDGqcUpA

As for the 2nd part, yeah that is something I had considered also. I guess that's why reusable masks with washable filters are recommended.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Wearing a mask is to protect the others. So your droplets do not escape. It's not so much protecting you from getting contact with viruses. N95 may give you some protection from inhaling virus in airborne but you have to seal the gaps properly to ensure the air you inhale is filtered.

The promotion of wearing mask is to reduce the transmission rate within the society and eventually stop virus from spreading.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty4 View Post
    I am not an anti masker....but I fail to see how a mask prevents a virus...same with anti-bacterial hand sanitizer...
    I do get that droplets from a cough or sneeze or from those who spit while talking can be arrested by face mask....but it ends there. Other question bothering me is about disposal of hundred of thousand of used mask...used mask by common people end up in garbage bins...is this a disaster waiting to happen 🤔 given that virus lives on for few days as mentioned by scientists.
    It’s spread primarily by respiratory droplets. Masks work when enough people wear them and there’s social distancing.

When buying hand sanitizers go for alcohol based ones and particularly high alcohol content ones. Correct that anti bacterial will not help but alcohol does in disrupting the virus membrane.

Soap also has the same concept. Membranes are lipid based.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I dont understand why people so afird of mask
    mask will help people from this covid 19 more or less like comdom, it doesnt 100% but in some degree it helps!
    of course its your choice to wear or not but dont say it useless, it stupid,

I do get that droplets from a cough or sneeze or from those who spit while talking can be arrested by face mask....but it ends there. Other question bothering me is about disposal of hundred of thousand of used mask...used mask by common people end up in garbage bins...is this a disaster waiting to happen �� given that virus lives on for few days as mentioned by scientists.
    A simple explanation for you in the following scenarios :

1. If you and another man stand face to face, both not wearing trousers. If he pisses and sprays on you, you will get wet. ( both no mask )

2. If you’re wearing trousers, he prays on you. You still might get wet, but not as much and not as easily, not as quickly. ( you’re wearing mask )

3. If both of you are wearing trousers, he sprays on you. You won’t get wet. ( both wearing masks )
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Virus is airborne....no need to piss😉🤣

Virus is airborne....no need to piss����
    Same deal .......

Senior Member(無間使者)
    nothing to comment really

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Virus can still make its way out.
    .Just like someone FULLY clothed FARTS but it makes it way out all over the room..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    fart.jpg

True that...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj99 View Post
    Why don’t you actually read medical research rather then go on a forum and state you don’t believe they work?
    I have done my due diligence....it's a forum and you can refrain from participating if topic is not relevant to you...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    .Just like someone FULLY clothed FARTS but it makes it way out all over the room..
    Spot on WhatsApp.....that is what is perplexing....with wave one constant message was to not use mask...

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    You read from somewhere that virus can get through proper mask ?

And the virus is not gas like fart as you suggested, it’s droplets.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    its like condom. it doesnt fully prevent it, but it reduces the risk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    All this talk of pissing on each other and farting in each other's faces has me concerned.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    You are all surely taking the piss right?

In a forum where punters openly talks about DFK, DATY, BBBJ etc, who would have thought they are encouraging other people to wear a mask to protect themselves from a so called "virus" that you will catch through droplets in the air through your eyes, mouth and nose.

How ridiculous and what irony/hyprocrisy is this?

The science on whether masks work to protect us is debatable at best. Yet we are all brainwashed to believe they are the ultimate solution that will help us beat this virus and will be forced to wear one. If you have not figured out by now that there are shenanigans behind this whole virus saga, then you need to do a proper research and consider views outside the mainstream/goverment narrative.

https://youtu.be/wegZJI6NvpU

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I am loving the practical side of this conversation....we were born free and should use our own brain , do due diligence in seeking all round knowledge and be prepared to change as new knowledge comes to light...

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Remember a few months ago when they were saying don't wear a mask if your negative/not showing symptoms because all it does is cause unnecessary touching of the face from constantly putting it on/off and adjusting it. Now they turn around and force people to wear one? Ummm ok

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well many of the ppl who are spreading it nowadays are those who are not presenting symptoms even though they have Covid.

This case in the US where 2 Covid infected hairdressers continued to service 140 clients while wearing facemask the whole time prevented all 140 of those clients from being infected sells it for me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/h...lon-masks.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast