Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Face mask

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
    Got any links to this report? Reason I ask is it makes no sense as to how a mask could reduce the severity of a Covid attack. What effects the severity is how well/fast your body can a) recognise it is being attacked and b) produce the antibodies fast enough and in sufficient quantities to fight it before it has damaged you.
    Less dose of the virus.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/07/41...-sick-covid-19

There's a link to the study on the page.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by altvmla View Post
    Less dose of the virus.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/07/41...-sick-covid-19

There's a link to the study on the page.
    Yeah the severity of the disease can be affected by how much of a viral load you pick up.

If you think about its like how much garbage you need to take out. It's just that the virus is the garbage and your body has to take it out.

Masks are more effective at preventing spread especially if you are asymptomatic. I'm happy to wear a mask in public if it stops someone else getting sick if I did.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoEcho View Post
    Yeah the severity of the disease can be affected by how much of a viral load you pick up.

If you think about its like how much garbage you need to take out. It's just that the virus is the garbage and your body has to take it out.

Masks are more effective at preventing spread especially if you are asymptomatic. I'm happy to wear a mask in public if it stops someone else getting sick if I did.
    You don’t pick up viral load. Viral load is how much you have in your system. This would be effected by how rapidly it incubates and multiplies in the host and how well the host defends itself against the virus. It makes perfect sense that a high viral load would equate to a worse health outcome as it would indicate the body hasn’t reacted quickly or strongly enough to fight the virus.

Now if you came in contact with snot of sneeze from someone who had a high viral load then I would agree your chances of contracting it have increased. This being due to far higher numbers of viral particles that fluid would contain But that in itself would mean you would have a high viral load too.

As mention you don’t catch a viral load of a virus. That is why I asked for a link to the research the posted above mentioned.

And thanks to that person for posting the link, though from what I can see it is at most a theory rather than a proven thing.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There was the piss analogy.
    1. If you're both not wearing pants and he pisses then you're leg will get wet with piss on it.
    2. If you're wearing pants then he'll piss on your pants. Your leg will still get piss on it but not as much because your pants caught a lot of it.
    3. If you're both wearing pants then he will just wet his pants. Some might sprinkle out but that will get caught on your pants. You're unlikely to get piss on your leg.

I guess wearing a mask has a similar effect.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    There was an interesting demo about masks on current affairs today.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    There was an interesting demo about masks on current affairs today.
    People fail to realise that when they speak they can also pass the virus to another person in close proximity. It does not require sneezing or coughing. I believe the masks test showed the surgical masks as being the most effective since it has 2 layers.

Jsmith8888

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith8888 View Post
    Have any of the ML ever worn a mask or have you during a punt?
    Mask will make girl look prettier

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmith8888 View Post
    Have any of the ML ever worn a mask or have you during a punt?
    Yeap! Me and my ML both wearing masks - at Candy’s VIP Pyrmont!

Me wearing masks only - at Yuki’s at Bondi Road,

Mate, you’re the customer, you can totally decide what happens inside the room.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) the_boss_king's Avatar
    I love using face masks when punting. less shame in going in :')

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Never thought about using it as a disguise. Should work well!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoEcho View Post
    Never thought about using it as a disguise. Should work well!
    Would make no difference on me, the hunchback, limp, hairy knuckles and uncontrollable slobbering would give me away anyhow...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by originalmj23 View Post
    You are all surely taking the piss right?

In a forum where punters openly talks about DFK, DATY, BBBJ etc, who would have thought they are encouraging other people to wear a mask to protect themselves from a so called "virus" that you will catch through droplets in the air through your eyes, mouth and nose.

How ridiculous and what irony/hyprocrisy is this?

The science on whether masks work to protect us is debatable at best. Yet we are all brainwashed to believe they are the ultimate solution that will help us beat this virus and will be forced to wear one. If you have not figured out by now that there are shenanigans behind this whole virus saga, then you need to do a proper research and consider views outside the mainstream/goverment narrative.

https://youtu.be/wegZJI6NvpU
    Agree. Always look outside mainstream. Why go to a qualified surgeon after breaking a bone, or a dentist for problems with teeth?Why get a mechanic to service a car, when a local plumber can do it cheaper? Why rely on refrigerators to store food, or engines for transport? All invented by mainstream “experts”. I do use the internet though. Weird.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeah, mainstream experts who study this shit for years and years, and produce peer reviewed research about it, advise us to use masks, quarantine, get vaccinated etc. etc.
    Some guy on Youtube: "Nah, that's bollocks."

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Get the WL to cut a hole in the mask so she can give you a BBBJ. Like a glory hole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123