So I had a close shave today, I am driving to 42G (42 Buffalo Road Gladesville) as the destination on the Apple car play with my (new) gf in the passenger seat. As I turned onto buffalo road and I could see 42G within my sight and my vision started to blur, I was ready to crash the car just so I don’t have to answer the inevitable question… why the F**K is 42G in your GPS history???

Earlier in the day, my new lovely girlfriend asked if I can drive her to the dealer as her car was in for a service, without asking for any details I said sure, I’ll pick you up at 3pm. I arrived at her place, she gets in and I asked where are we going? She said its near Ryde, I proceed to drive off and she said I’ll put in the address on the GPS. She unlocks my phone and launches google maps and proceed to type in Buffalo Road, and said “oh its in here”. I thought nothing of it at first, until I saw the route information on my dash.

FUCK!!!!! 42 BUFFALO ROAD GLADESVILLE!!! MY EYES POPPED OUT OF THE SOCKET and the only thing hiding it was my sunnies. I was just there last week and she found the address in my history. My mind is now racing and I am thinking how can this happen to me again??? (I got caught by my ex-in-law walking out of a FS joint).

I am fuckin fried, I need to be smart about this! So I played it cool and asked, I thought you said Ryde? To which she replied, yeah sorry I meant Gladesville. I proceeded to drive to what seemed like an eternity! I must have tried to take every back street to try and blame google maps for bad direction so I can switch GPS systems.

Eventually as I turned into Buffalo Road, I could see 42G in the distance, I am frantically trying to remember the business below 42G, I vaguely recall mechanic or smash repair so I can say “I had a car repair here”. But My car is brand new and she knows its never been repaired and I used to live in the east so would have never come here to get my car repaired. I thought about blaming her for the wrong address but it was in my history. I am racing through all these excuses in my head and I honestly want to either take the phone out of her hand and say some shit or honestly crash into a pole so the GPS doesn’t shout “you have arrived at your destination”

Just as I was about to do something stupid, she yells “oh we are here” I looked up and I can see the Mazda sign (I’ve never noticed now beautiful the Mazda logo is) the location was 54 Buffalo road! I quickly pulled into the carpark as I see 42G disappear from the corner of my eyes, ripped the cord off my phone and turned off my car to remove any chance of the car saying, “your destination is 20 meters on your right”

She popped out to go in the dealership and I said I’ll wait in the car. With my sweaty hands, I thanked the punting gods for letting me get away with this one! As I drove out of the dealership, my gf turned left in her car to go home and I turned right so I can drive pass 42G and give it salute “I’ll see you soon”

Luckily I was going to book Karen today but she finished at 1pm, had that happened, that would have been in my today’s history. haha

Moral of the story? Don’t use your regular GPS to find punting joints, cover your tracks and don’t let your gf use your phone. I will be using Waze for future punting adventures.