Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you afford punting?

Senior Member(無間使者)

How do you afford punting?

Hi guys,

Long time lurker first time poster, and this is just a curiosity thing more than anything. Punting is not cheap (haha, with the exception of the occassional Locanto gamble). For our regulars, how do you afford it? Do you set a budget aside? Do you have a side gig? I mean, a good 150 punt even every few weeks adds up a lot, and that's from someone with a FT job.

Cheers,

PS> gonna post about this soon, but there's a private WL at Churchill Ave Strathfield, fake pictures, very disturbed, I think a little dangerous... keep clear if you are a Locanto-jockey.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I used to punt when i was a uni student and did not have incoming revenue and would lie to my parents about wanting to buy new books and would use that money to punt once in a month and then decided to keep certain amount of money once i started earning, now that i am in FT job yes certain percentage is kept aside and but i punt may be once i a month or twice depending on the mood

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have an addictive personality and throughout the years, my money has always been blown (pun intended) on anything from expensive cars, gambling, "partying" or women.

Often there has been times when there have been two or more of these activities at a time, but nowadays it's only punting, usually twice a week, sometimes three or four depending on time and/or mood.

Guess I'm blessed by always having had a very well paid job and no other financial commitments to worry about.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by booty_duty View Post
    I have an addictive personality and throughout the years, my money has always been blown (pun intended) on anything from expensive cars, gambling, "partying" or women.

Often there has been times when there have been two or more of these activities at a time, but nowadays it's only punting, usually twice a week, sometimes three or four depending on time and/or mood.

Guess I'm blessed by always having had a very well paid job and no other financial commitments to worry about.
    I get you. I spend a lot of my money on booze, cars and punting. The rest I just waste..

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I guess it depends on how much you earn. Sadly punts for me cost in the $250-300 range, so say I went most weeks, that would be $13-15k. Luckily I earn in low 6 figures, so I could easily absorb that, though definitely not the wisest way to spend my money...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Yeah just by putting stuff aside. Should probably save it for a rainy day, but what's the point of dying with a ton of cash?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sometimes I go crazy and can find myself doing 3-4 RnTs a week. But there are also times where I'll go for long periods without (weeks or even months).

A few things which help:

Good Job (six figure salary)
    Additional income streams (passive)
    Single (no family commitments)
    Cheap rent (parents granny flat)
    Overall pretty frugal with money (very casual drinker and restaurant diner) ... albeit I do spend more than the average $ on three hobbies - cycling, golf and collecting luxury watches (I suppose you've got to keep yourself fit and the watch brands I collect do hold or even increase in value aka Rolex).

Would it be fair to say that the average FS punter would average two punts per week (one weekday and one weekend)? That would really add up after a while.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    Would it be fair to say that the average FS punter would average two punts per week (one weekday and one weekend)? That would really add up after a while.
    I wish I could afford this! I started trying to limit myself to once a month, then that became once a fortnight... However, at one point, it was almost once a week. The only times I went beyond that were for special occassions, or if I had a bad punt and needed another to wash away that experience.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    Well for me it all depends on the mood, sometimes it goes along the lines of 1 hour long diamond bookings at a "premium" establishment twice a week whereas some weeks I might do 4 or 5 punts for half hour at a "cheaper" shop if I only wanted to get my rocks off without indulging in a full on experience (DATY, DFK, etc).

I never punt on the weekends though...it's when the whole rest of Sydney is doing it and sometimes you find that by the time you get in there, the flowers have already wilted.

I usually punt with either work funds or money won from gambling.

Well for me it all depends on the mood, sometimes it goes along the lines of 1 hour long diamond bookings at a "premium establishment" twice a week whereas some weeks I might do 4 or 5 punts for half hour at a "cheaper" establishment if I only wanted to get my rocks off without indulging in a full on experience (DATY, DFK, etc).

I never punt on the weekends though...it's when the whole rest of Sydney is doing it and sometimes you find that by the time you get in there, the flowers have already wilted.
    Yeah I agree about weekend punting. I use to go on the weekends but CBF anymore. I find the best times are around midday as most people are at work which is great and the girls are nice and fresh.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceguy11 View Post
    Yeah I agree about weekend punting. I use to go on the weekends but CBF anymore.
    Yes, weekends are for family time....it's when I give the Mrs a plow or two to keep her happy.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    When you grow old and only need it, or can only do it once a month. You will find punting is soo affordable.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by holi_day View Post
    When you grow old and only need it, or can only do it once a month. You will find punting is soo affordable.
    And that's the sad part... it's also when you're the most financially secure and have tonnes of money to blow on stupid stuff (like a Porsche or a yacht) but can't punt due to physical limitations.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerson126 View Post
    Hi guys,

Long time lurker first time poster, and this is just a curiosity thing more than anything. Punting is not cheap (haha, with the exception of the occassional Locanto gamble). For our regulars, how do you afford it? Do you set a budget aside? Do you have a side gig? I mean, a good 150 punt even every few weeks adds up a lot, and that's from someone with a FT job.

Cheers,

PS> gonna post about this soon, but there's a private WL at Churchill Ave Strathfield, fake pictures, very disturbed, I think a little dangerous... keep clear if you are a Locanto-jockey.
    Yes punting is expensive, but works out a lot cheaper than having a gf, mistress, wife or combination of the 3. It allows time to spend studying, developing side/passive income streams.

The amount have saved from punting is far greater than what I would have spent going out with partner/s for drinks, dinner, presents, birthdays etc.
    I know a few bros at work whose partners don't contribute anything when they go out & they seem miserable.

Can get the benefits of a relationship: physical without the baggage and negative aspects such as the arguments. Can have hour of fun & walk-out.

For me, this is priceless and worth every penny.

-Matt-

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattemeiser View Post
    Yes punting is expensive, but works out a lot cheaper than having a gf, mistress, wife or combination of the 3. It allows time to spend studying, developing side/passive income streams.

The amount have saved from punting is far greater than what I would have spent going out with partner/s for drinks, dinner, presents, birthdays etc.
    I know a few bros at work whose partners don't contribute anything when they go out & they seem miserable.

Can get the benefits of a relationship: physical without the baggage and negative aspects such as the arguments. Can have hour of fun & walk-out.

For me, this is priceless and worth every penny.

-Matt-
    Agreed.

When I read stories on here of the girlfriend getting into the car and playing with your phone or GPS that has the last visited location on it (which just so happens to be an establishment), I'm happy that I don't have a significant other.

I have mates who are single and don't punt (regularly or even at all). They curse the world because they are sick of being single, continued failed Tinder/Bumble dates (and the occasional short term or casual relationship), spending the money for the pleasure and never getting anything in return. Even if they continued to not punt, and focused on learning a new skill, investing/creating passive income and focused on their hobbies and true highest values in life they would actually be a lot happier.

If I had a partner who didn't contribute financially when we went out socially, I can guarantee we would be quickly broken up. But I guess that's also why I'm single (can't be bothered even getting myself into this potential situation). When out socially with friends, I'm a lot happier paying for my own meal and shouting a couple of rounds.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    To afford punting:

- I took my two kids out of an expensive North Shore private school. To further my own convenience I placed them in the closest possible public school from my house without considering any other criteria
    - I relieved a sleeping homeless man of his hard-earned coins to supplement my massage with 19 yr old "ChaCha" from Korea
    - I took out $15K from my wife's and my combined emergency fund to pay for an "all-inclusive" bareback pussy-frenzy-fuck-fest in Bangkok while being fully aware those funds could have paid for my wife's cancer treatment
    - After I had already paid her, I went through a working girl's handbag and snatched all of her cash + what I just gave her. I filled her dirty little mouth with warm cum

Actually, above are just made up lies to crack you up a bit
    Honestly and the truth: How do I afford punting? I have a well-paid job, no kids and otherwise live frugally.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    This is hilarious.

Yep the general consensus is 6 figure salary can increase the frequency and prestige of shop.

But even on more average salary, you would be able to squeeze $100+ once a month on happy ending massage. The trade off is not going out for 1 weekend.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You don't necessarily have to be on a six figure salary to enjoy punting regularly, you just need to be more frugal with your spending and budgeting.

For example, skip getting Uber Eats for lunch everyday, do a weekly shop at Woolies and make/bring your own lunch... you'll be amazed how much extra money you have left over.

But yes, having a six figure salary does make everything a lot easier... more money to spend on stuff to give you perceived happiness.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You don't necessarily have to be on a six figure salary to enjoy punting regularly, you just need to be more frugal with your spending and budgeting.

For example, skip getting Uber Eats for lunch everyday, do a weekly shop at Woolies and make/bring your own lunch... you'll be amazed how much extra money you have left over.

But yes, having a six figure salary does make everything a lot easier... more money to spend on stuff to give you perceived happiness.
    Yes definitely agree. Being frugal in other aspects of life & save money for punts.
    Need a car? Go Korean - KPS Korean Performance Stars being Kia & Hyundai - and skip the gold digger Germans that need a lot of maintenance - Mercs & BMWs

Going for dinner - make sure to book via the fork or cook at home

Work meals - working from home allows for quick cooking at home. Skip uber eats

Coffees? - go cold turkey or get pod machine

Partner? Go Dutch when doing activities

Entertainment? Netflix or torrents plenty of content

-Matt-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast