Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandatory digital registration as of the 23rd of November

Senior Member(無間使者) Arnie_Fan_81's Avatar

Mandatory digital registration starts 23/11 for covid

Digital registration will be mandatory for the following venues from 23 November.

Its a massive list but these stand out.

- Business premises that are used for nail salons, beauty salons, hairdressing salons, waxing salons, tanning salons, spas, tattoo parlours and massage parlours.

- Sex on premises venues.

- Sex services premises.

I know that these measures have been taken before but now being mandatory its a different story, I have visited some locations both sexual related and not who haven't taken details.

If they use the service nsw app its tied to your licence.
    Last edited by Arnie_Fan_81; 11-11-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added content

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I guess there will be a spike with privates

Quote Originally Posted by qwer1965 View Post
    So, does it any means to you?
    Yes, who wants there details linked to a sexual venue.

Any places like a pub or restaurant that uses a QR code, once registered sends a sms from experience.

Using fake details will send a random person the sms and its is linked to that venue, if i got a sms by mistake i would action it.

Do you think that people who visit sexual services actually provide their legit details and I wonder how many of these places are going to push customers.

Banned
    As with most of these things someone will come up with a work around
    Certainly slow things down at the bordellos and massage parlors

I have scanned QR code at plenty of places, non-sexual of course. Never got a return sms like you.. a lot of them just ask for your name and number. Some a first name is fine. This information is confidential and would only be used in contract tracing efforts should the need arise, which is a good thing. I am not really worried about it.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I have used these in pubs and other venues plenty of times.
    You scan your phone and can then put a false name in the form if you want.
    It accepts whatever name you put in.
    You can put Mickey Mouse in there if you want.
    The details you put in do not go to the venue.
    All you do is show them the screen that comes up after you submit your details that just has today's date on it.
    I have never received an SMS.
    The only time you would get a SMS would be if there was an outbreak at that venue, which is not gonna happen as covid in NSW is pretty much at zero and non existant,.
    Even if you got an SMS it just goes to your phone and only you see it.
    You shouldn't be showing your phone to anyone else anyway, certainly not your wife.

I think there will be a lot of Mr Smith, Mr Chan, and Mr Patel

The SMS i got was to confirm my scanning of the code, this was at one place i went to. When I visit pubs etc I actually provide legit details because I dont want to potentially spread etc due to false details.

Guess for me its best to wait to the 23rd and see how my go to handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwer1965 View Post
    23rd?? What do you mean?
    When the mandatory QR kicks in..and I will

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonful View Post
    It's all sensational reporting based on a "statement" from Berejiklian. It's just a typical flag waving exercise to judge how the public will react.

It wont get up, it will be impossible to implement. It will be consigned to the big bin in the sky of "useless" apps, just like Covid Safe.

In the meantime, anybody that chooses to submit to this (apparent) violent assault on civil rights and personal privacy deserves the government they elect.
    Are you for real. I can't see a problem at all.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have been using a 2nd phone since the beginning of QR codes. I have it as a dormant work phone at present, so I just started using it. Flipped my name around and use work address and have had no problems, no SMS from anyone and no contact from authorities. If they are going to contact me by using the phone then I will answer as that person. Think the QR code is much more efficient than the Covid Safe app BS. I actually want it used widespread. I book using that phone and have signed in using the false name. At the end of the day I want to know if there is any Covid issues wherever I have been. Don't we all or is secrets better than safety😎

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    It's all sensational reporting based on a "statement" from Berejiklian. It's just a typical flag waving exercise to judge how the public will react.

It wont get up, it will be impossible to implement. It will be consigned to the big bin in the sky of "useless" apps, just like Covid Safe.

In the meantime, anybody that chooses to submit to this (apparent) violent assault on civil rights and personal privacy deserves the government they elect.
    The was a brief mention of it in the Herald earlier today, but it seems to dropped off the news feed.

Some places are now using the Service NSW app QR solution which automatically has your name and details. It's faster and more convenient but has all your details.....

Notice a few restuarents in city starting to use this one. Previously was the QR solution with a form you fill in the name etc.

More work for independent girls.
    **Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose**

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by trampslikeus55 View Post
    I have been using a 2nd phone since the beginning of QR codes. I have it as a dormant work phone at present, so I just started using it. Flipped my name around and use work address and have had no problems, no SMS from anyone and no contact from authorities. If they are going to contact me by using the phone then I will answer as that person. Think the QR code is much more efficient than the Covid Safe app BS. I actually want it used widespread. I book using that phone and have signed in using the false name. At the end of the day I want to know if there is any Covid issues wherever I have been. Don't we all or is secrets better than safety😎
    Isn't every sim card and hence phone number registered? Even prepaid

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    What's all this worry about getting a "return SMS"? First, I've never got one after registering in a restaurant/bar/pub etc. Second, so what if you get it, just fucken delete it... Not so hard is it?

What you should be worried about is when the shop you went to gets a positive case and they start the contact tracing. How are you going to explain to your wife/gf that you have to go into iso?
    I guess this risk was always there for peeps who use their phones to book girls, so no change for them. Walk-ins are more affected, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by PervySage View Post
    Some places are now using the Service NSW app QR solution which automatically has your name and details. It's faster and more convenient but has all your details.....

Notice a few restuarents in city starting to use this one. Previously was the QR solution with a form you fill in the name etc.
    I think brothels etc will opt for a non service nsw option because they know their customers won't like the app option.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Which is why this ridiculous idea has zero validity. Data that has no validity is just noise. Just another bunch of so called "IT Professionals" trying to flog a "Public Health" measure to gullible politicians who then try to foist it on the public to make it look like they are doing something "advanced" and "high tech". The idea behind this is to aid in contact tracing, good luck with that!

I wish I'd thought of the Covid Safe app. I'd be a million bucks (or 5) richer with very little responsibility for ongoing support and maintenance (except to keep billing the government for it), which is what will happen with this bit of fluff.
    I can see the big deal. They still have your phone number so they will still contact you if there is an outbreak.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Using a QR code when interacting with a government authority is likely more efficient as they have all your details anyway but using it when interacting with third party business's, in my mind, is a bridge too far, especially if you're a Centrelink customer.
    Really, what are trying to hide???

From the moment you wake up until the moment you go to sleep, and maybe even when you are sleeping your life is being monitored, data is being collected, video is being taken, algorithms are calculating ... that's just life in the 21st Century.
    Yeah, it sucks, but that's just the way it is.
    The left wingers blame big business, the multinationals, the military industrial complex etc.
    The right wingers blame the UN, the one world government, the welfare state etc.
    But whichever way you look at it we are being spied upon and manipulated.
    What can you do.
    You just live you life as best you can, try and be a good person, enjoy a pleasure, help out a brother or sister, and try and stay under the radar as best you can, and one day you die, and that's it.
    But for fuck's sake have a bit of fun when you get the chance.
    That fleeting moment where time stops and all is good, that's fucken awesome!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast