Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory digital registration as of the 23rd of November

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Then there will be the cashless society etc etc. Just move on, live and enjoy your life

Junior Member(有D料到)
    So, it seems like this is actually being enforced in a lot of place? I had imagined they would pay lip service as it is quite imposing on customers and might put them off. This seems like further bad news for the scene here in Sydney :-(

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    The shops will have to trade off the risks of alienating customers or getting fined.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    The shops will have to trade off the risks of alienating customers or getting fined.
    Pretty much nails it.

Senior Member(無間使者) Arnie_Fan_81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonful View Post
    I went to a business today (nothing to do with what's on this forum) and after trying trying to cope with a queue of people finally caved in and didn't bother with it for the rest of the day.

The business owner complained bitterly about the extra work and the crap his staff had to go through.

Now SA is trying the same thing and telling the public how much "safer" they'll all be. It's all a waste of time.
    All it will take is someone to complain and see the lack of use for them to cop a massive fine, serves them right to be honest.

Reminds of people who continue to use their phones while driving then have a massive winge when they get a fine.

Feel for the shops here who are torn between keeping their customers happy and also being some what discretionary at the same time.

I can't see myself going with it the way it is.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar
    Why not say no and turn to leave, they might have just shrugged and not bothered to collect details anyway. Try it next time when you're not so desperate lol.

This is my MO and no-one gets my details. They need me more than I need them.
    The boss normally let me walk straight in no need to sign
    But she was not there .

Hmmm just say we need other other !!
    Good relationship = good time with the boss nd the girls.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by woods23 View Post
    The boss normally let me walk straight in no need to sign
    But she was not there .

Hmmm just say we need other other !!
    Good relationship = good time with the boss nd the girls.
    Won't end up well for the boss if shop gets inspected though. This is a great way for the Government to get info on shops

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    I get a laugh when I go to the Dungeon at Maroubra. Two massage rooms. so two girls and the boss on duty. A "lounge room" for the girls, but quite a large storage area, laundry, bathroom etc,

Sign on the door says "maximum 29 people".

Senior Member(無間使者)
    What happens if we scan then we fill in the details wrong. Are we already automatically recorded us on our phone even it is wrong details?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Joint I went to today had the Service NSW qr code on the wall but they didn't mention it as I was walked to the room, so I didn't bring it up either! But I'm guessing as soon as the first check is done they'll get a lot more strict about it

Senior Member(無間使者)
    "Oh dear, sorry, I'll try to do better next time."
    I like the way you think... but can the shop be penalised for this?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    I like the way you think... but can the shop be penalised for this?
    Yes they can, up to $55,000. Good reason to do better next time

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Only if they are a corporation. Since you don't know what business structure is in place for any particular shop you cannot possibly predict what penalties might apply.

Having a Covid plan in place is simple, fill out a couple of forms, stick a QR code on the wall and your done. Proving the lack of customer registrations is another matter but the onus is on the inspecting agency.
    Penalties for breaching public health orders can have businesses fined up to $55,000

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    CCTV. Time in. Time out

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    CCTV. Time in. Time out
    "Oh dear, that hard disk is corrupted and we didn't make any backups, sorry!" ?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Mandatory Digital Registration isn't that bad.
    It could be a lot worse, it could be Mandatory Digital Penetration.
    I think we've got off lightly.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The Act defines Corporations and Individuals not "businesses". You really need to define what a business is and how it applies to the shop before you repeat yourself.

https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/v...010-127#sec.10
    You are looking under the wrong section.... Look under the Public Health Act Part 4 , 70

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If there was an outbreak of COVID in a shop the contact trasers wouldn’t have to much trouble finding you .
    with all the cameras around these day especially if you parked nearby they would get you number plate .
    You’ll be found it’s too important

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    How would that prove you'd been in a shop and not registered?

I get the feeling there's a sense of paranoia circulating here.

My contempt for this is not based on overt or covert surveillance, it's based on the very real experience of it being totally useless for the job the government is touting it will do. In the meantime we all being asked to give up our privacy and civil liberties.
    You are only giving up any liberties if you visit somewhere that requires this information. You are free not to go there if you don't want to adhere to their requirements. So no problem you are still free to do what you want to do. If you want to change things stand for Parliament, that's what I did once. Complaining here won't change anything.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    If I go into a Westfields and eat a takeaway meal in the "food court" I don't need to register. But if there is, say, a coffee shop inside the court with its own seating, I do have to register.

Go figure that one.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast