Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory digital registration as of the 23rd of November

Senior Member(無間使者)
    We do a great job of preventing local transmissions but it's going to be a problem when people outside Australia bring it in. Look at US they surpassed 12 MILLION cases, they don't lock down they don't give a fuck

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonful View Post
    Just been to my local Woolies, hahaha, not a QR code in sight.
    They don't have to and why would they as it would only create queues to get in while everyone scanned in.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Went to a local pub last night. I was already half pissed when I walked in so lining up my phone camera with the barcode was a kind of sobriety test in itself. Anyway somehow managed to do it.
    Then the young cute bar staff girl asked "have you got a tick?"
    I squinted, winked, did a click click sound with my mouth ... she didn't get the joke.
    So I just showed her the tick on my phone and she let me in.
    Us dad joke comedians are the last of the mohicans.
    Maybe that's a good thing for society.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    They don't have to and why would they as it would only create queues to get in while everyone scanned in.
    Yep, 2nd time around the "doorperson" says, it not compulsory if you don't want to. And the queue this morning was the problem. For some the scan and acknowledge is a breeze. For some the phone is a problem. Bought a coffee for the drive home. Ask do I scan. For takeaway is ok. Seat down in shop must scan. Yesterday at another coffee shop, different suburb, must scan for takeaways. The brothels and RnT must be confused. This will just become to hard😎

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by trampslikeus55 View Post
    Yep, 2nd time around the "doorperson" says, it not compulsory if you don't want to. And the queue this morning was the problem. For some the scan and acknowledge is a breeze. For some the phone is a problem. Bought a coffee for the drive home. Ask do I scan. For takeaway is ok. Seat down in shop must scan. Yesterday at another coffee shop, different suburb, must scan for takeaways. The brothels and RnT must be confused. This will just become to hard��
    Brothels, RNT and other designated businesses could risk up to a $55,000 fine if they don't comply. That sort of $ would make sure I wasn't confused.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Nothing confusing about that. Big and plenty of zero's in any language. Let's hope they get a warning first🤞

Senior Member(無間使者)
    What is there to comply with? Stick a QR code on a wall. If the customer doesn't want to use it they can leave! Who's gonna prove that they had more customers through than those that actually scanned? The information is yours and no one can access it except the health department (supposedly).
    Insightful reply...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I really hope they comply for some bastard will report them and the smaller shops would probably go bust.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie_Fan_81 View Post
    I think brothels etc will opt for a non service nsw option because they know their customers won't like the app option.
    Before entering any RNT shops and brothels, is everyone being asked to comply with the mandatory digital registration?

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Not in my local shops

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Not in my local shops
    Been to a couple of restaurants over the weekend with mates, such as Nandos, Paparich, etc. We have to scan the QR mosaic with our mobile to dine-in. Hmm...... would be a concern if this is implemented in the punting scenes.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Helpful to know thanks!

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragefrog View Post
    Been to a couple of restaurants over the weekend with mates, such as Nandos, Paparich, etc. We have to scan the QR mosaic with our mobile to dine-in. Hmm...... would be a concern if this is implemented in the punting scenes.
    By law, it is supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragefrog View Post
    Even if the shops would have installed a QR code at the door, whether they will police and enforce it is a different matter ? Just like in my local Thai restaurant, if you are dining in, you must scan and register via the QR code but if you are just picking up some takeaways you don’t have too. Last weekend they were so busy, while I was waiting outside to pick up, at least 10 Uber Eats or Deliveroo people were going in ahead of me, and none was scanning the code.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    The rules do not require check-in for take away; only for eating in

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar
    Went to my local shop. No , Just ask for first name nd numbers. Of cus I gave them fake details. Lucky or otherwise I would just walk straight out with blue balls. Lucky haha . Hope it doesn't changed in near future. Fingers crossed - damn she was a very good fck not had one like that for a very long time ...she even told me she cum hehe

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Australia’s spy agencies caught collecting COVID-19 app data

https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/24/au...d-19-app-data/

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    The rules do not require check-in for take away; only for eating in
    so no daty if you don't want to scan

I've tracked down the Public Health Order, updated on 20/11 to reflect the recent changes. It's a PDF

https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/f...020_201123.pdf

Note Part 3 Records and exchange of information on page 18 and Schedule 3 Premises requiring electronic entry records Item 4, 17 and 18 on page 25.

Part 3, 28(1) wording implies that a person might be in breach if not providing contact details and is on the premises but I've yet to track down any penalty associated with it (or anything else for for that matter).

As for the people able to access and/or collect this data the PHO allows for the following (Part 3, 29, 2(2)). Drilling down it appears that the following agencies can get it:-

(a) the Public Service,
    (b) the Teaching Service,
    (c) the NSW Police Force,
    (d) the NSW Health Service,
    (e) the Transport Service of New South Wales,
    (f) any other service of the Crown (including the service of any NSW government agency),
    (g) the service of any other person or body constituted by or under an Act or exercising public functions (such as a State owned corporation), being a person or body that is prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this definition.

The statement that only the Health Department will have access appears to be a blatant lie and effectively allows free exchange to any government department.

I doubt this will ever go away, they'll make every excuse to keep it in place and after a while the public will get so used to it that it'll become second nature.

A golden egg from a golden goose and all the ducks are lining up.
    I think you are correct.

People will just live with it like when petrol prices were close to $2 per litre.

I still have the CovidSafe app, don't even know why.

I was a gaming place last night and a few older gentlemen were not allowed entry because they said they didn't have a mobile phone. Some of them for angry and argued and few others magically found a mobile phone. The excuse, oh the other hotel let me in doesn't work anymore.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    so no daty if you don't want to scan
    That made me laugh out loud!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast