Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mandatory digital registration as of the 23rd of November

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    If I go into a Westfields and eat a takeaway meal in the "food court" I don't need to register. But if there is, say, a coffee shop inside the court with its own seating, I do have to register.

Go figure that one.
    It is Scotty from marketing and glorious Gladys looking after their mate Frank!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i haven't been to an rnt since

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    It is Scotty from marketing and glorious Gladys looking after their mate Frank!
    Not just Westfields, applies everywhere, "Food courts" specifically excluded in PHOs, but most seem to enforce the social distancing rules.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonful View Post
    Went shopping yesterday and just for a laugh trolled (deliberate use of this word, I do know my faults) through my major centre to check out the cafes, courts etc. observing how many were compliant.

Being extremely picky and OCD about these things I found all that I saw were only semi compliant.

Those with QR codes didn't appear to offer an alternative to those without phones and those without QR codes had a list to write your name/ph in full view. Both of these are non-compliant in the strictest sense.

The other thing I noticed is that the sit down area in the aisles and courts were more defined; implying that you couldn't sit unless you bought from that cafe. This was an ex Westfield centre but ymmv where you are.
    Nice observations bro.
    The elephant in the room is that the covid threat in Australia is over.
    Why? well because we are a remote island and the government made the right choice very early on to close the borders.
    So basically covid never really took off here and the little bit that did got extinguished by the first lockdown
    The only way it could come in was from Australians returning from overseas.
    The simple solution to this was a quarantine system and this has worked.
    It failed in Victoria because they put Third World peasants in charge of security.
    But now hopefully we have learnt from this.
    So basically now all we have to do is keep the borders controlled and have a quarantine system run by cops and soldiers and we are OK.
    We can do what ever the fuck we want in Australia.
    You can lick every stair rail, and poker machine, and door knob, and schooner, and coffee cup, and taxi driver, and WL, and train, and bus, and uber delivery driver, and workmate, and random stranger, and you will not catch covid simply because it is not there to catch. If it's not there then you can't catch it!
    But what I am saying is totally irresponsible and I get that, because we have to keep up the story keep saying to ourselves that covid is out there and waiting to seriously fuck us up.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    In my local food court they have tables marked "sit here" or "don't sit here", complying with spacing rules.

Problem seems to be that in 60% of the "sit here" tables, there are no fucking chairs.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It’s no big deal. I do what they ask and hopefully it will be all over soon.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    My funny story. A couple of weeks ago I was at my current favorite cheap Chinese place. There was no sign-in procedure so on the way out I mentioned to the ML that they should get a QR code (because I could help get a free one that does not ask unnecessary questions). Lack of English suddenly came into play. After one or two attempts to explain the coming requirement they came to the conclusion that I just wanted to be able to book more easily by phone in future. So they gave me their business card. I accepted it and left.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345