After a couple of so-so visits to shops recently it got me thinking about the first few years of my punting life - back when cracker and courier mail were somewhat reliable and gems were scattered across Brisbane. In hindsight I think the VFM was far greater with private visits, normally around $80 would get full nude no-holds barred fun with none of this "you have to pay for the massage/room" business. Honestly some of the hottest girls I have met were through private appointments.

Got me thinking of adventures many years ago - paula in the apartments near valley train station.. the house on Hamilton Rd across from the fireys/mental hospital.. another house in a hilly part of stafford.. a fabulous korean from melbourne who stayed in a hotel in spring hill.. who could forget the amazing thai hannah in the valley in apartments near the ekka (anybody know if she's still around?). Unfortunately it seems like a lot of the private options dried up when cracker died.. surely there are some good ladies still out there.

Some of the shops seem to be suffering from 'miscommunications' between staff - pricing under the same roof can be wildly different at times. With a sole operator you can be straight up and agree on pricing and services right then and there - and you know the score when you decide to return for repeat business.

Are the private operators still as prominent in Brisbane as they were 5-10 years ago?