Quote Originally Posted by rocky_chen85 View Post
are you sure you posting your actual experience here ? I just spoke to Angela & here is what had happened .

1) you had texted on we chat around 6 pm asking for Siya , It was not a booking , you just said you would come over around 6:30 to 7:00 PM
Siya had just started working & she had to leave suddenly coz she was not feeling well.
Angela sends you a text & calls you within next 15 mins to inform you regarding cancellation

2) Your booking with Jessie was at 6:00 PM, you text Angela around 5:20 telling her you could be early. she confirms to you that Jessie is free only @ 6PM.
But you still show up at 5:30 PM , so she requests you to come back at 6PM , as it is not nice to have customers waiting that long in the shop.( you are in one of the busiest shops in the city - I don't think any customer prefers to see each other in a shop)

I think she tried her best to manage your bookings . where do you think she is at fault to be posting a comment like this ?

Its easily the best shop in the city - Angela is doing her best to make sure every customer leaves happy.
I was shown the exchange of texts between the complainant and Angela, and I am in total agreement with what Bro Rocky has written here. There are always two sides to a story and the other side needs to be heard.
And about this remark: "In addition to that she walked in while i was still undressed at the end of my last session!" - the other side of the story is that the complainant, having showered, wrapped himself in a towel and walked back to the room with the room door not fully closed, and Angela was anxious to provide the complainant with explanations regarding Siya's sudden departure (she became sick) as well as reasons for requesting him to wait outside upon his 30 minute early arrival (shop was already full with waiting clients after allowing for social distancing), hence she first knocked and then opened the not quite fully closed door.
The reality is that Angela is a small business operator and at busy times she has to take care of the interests and well beings of up to 6 girls, 6 clients (plus the ones waiting), and at the same time responding to a good number of telephone calls, texts and wechat messages, and I think she is entitled to some slack without being made fun of.