Starting this thread because I think it is time we focussed on this vaccine on its own instead of just talking about it in a thread dedicated to the alternative vaccine from Pfizer. Considering the huge supply issues with Comirnaty (Pfizer vaccine), Vaxzevria might very well be our only hope of getting on top of this virus without sacrificing the entire Australian economy!

One thing I really do not understand about the authorities and the medical fraternity is, why is it that they are not doing anything "material" to help reduce the risk of taking this vaccine? Surely that would be the natural course of action now that the risk is known? Thrombosis (blood-clotting in the veins) is actually no laughing matter and the public knows how bad it is. Back in the good times we've all been warned by the same medical fraternity of the dangers of deep-vein thrombosis (DVT) in long haul flights and been told to do everything we can to avoid getting the problem (get up from your seat regularly, stretch your legs, wear tight socks, etc.). Now they're telling us, if you take this vaccine there's a chance that you'll get thrombosis, but it's OK because there's not much chance you'll get it? What the heck...?

If that's not bad enough, this next part really gives me the shits. I understand from an article written by a Dr. in the news, that "once you get the thrombosis problem, it can be fixed if you get the right medication at an early stage". I mean, what in the f-ing hell, why don't they just give you medication to prevent blood-clots when you take the vaccine if they know it might happen and if it does happen, that you might die from it? Can you die from taking blood-thinners unnecessarily but in reasonable doses? Or is that doctor telling porkies and you're basically done if you do get the thrombosis problem?

What I'm getting at is, I really cannot understand why the people calling the shots are not going out of their way to do REAL things to alleviate the risks associated with taking the AZ vaccine, or at least give people more confidence in the vaccine. Instead, they keep running all these media campaigns to instil fear into people to accept the risk as what it is. They're even pulling out the conspiracy card saying that the EU bloc went out of their way to sabotage the AZ vaccine with the bad publicity because of Brexit..... think about how ridiculous that sounds. They probably also wear tin-foil hats.