Years ago there was a girl working occasionally at 22 Brodie, Korean girl, forget her name.
Anyway she used to come down from Qld, work for a few weeks, make a heap of cash then go back home for 6 months or so. I enjoyed our sessions because we would discuss all manner of topics, often debate, and either side of this we would have pretty intense sex.
Now one day she was inquiring after my daughter and asked straight up "What would you do if in the future you discovered she was in this line of work?"
My answer was I would first find out why. She interrupted and said "Money. We're mostly all in this work for money. Anyone I've met who says anything else is mental."

Ever since, and backed up by other conversations and observations, I've taken that as given. Whatever their personal situation it boils down to money. Money to pay bills, money to facilitate lifestyle, money to help family, money to support a habit, money to set up their future, it's all about $$$.

Edit: Ashleigh!! That was her name. She was sassy, she was kind of like a FWB type session. God that's got to be 10 years ago now before I was even on here.