Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
This summary makes a lot of sense. Apart from service and a 'connection' I prefer as a regular, an intelligent ML that I can communicate with easily. Currently I have a regular who I see every 10 days or so and in between I like to see someone new, but from a small selection of shops.

More than 20 years ago I had a regular for several years, apart from the fact that her service was very good, she was also a full time teacher and married; those facts I suspect, made it easier to keep the relationship friendly but business. Long 'retired' from ML work, she is now a deputy Principal and in charge of the Maths Dept at a High School.
Colour me intrigued, DP and head of maths former ML? She sounds exactly like the kind of woman who would pique my interest. I have a thing for cute brainiacs. Former Selective School girls in particular.

I do agree what I miss about those regulars was the ease of communication, the laughs, the fact that at a certain point there was no need to ask anything, it was just natural...