Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

I think Daniel Arzani has to start in place or Kruse who showed nothing much in two starting roles. We looked so much more threatening and almost a different attacking team when Dan came on, and why is Timmy Cahill not used last night ? We were clearly on top in the final 20 min and just lacking a finisher in the middle, and a win last night would almost secure a spot into the next round, now we have to beat Peru by more than 1 goal and hope that France will do the job for us on Denmark !!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Got my win already this time from state of origin! Haha.. thanks QLD. 10 up

Quote Originally Posted by Prashvj View Post
    Got my win already this time from state of origin! Haha.. thanks QLD. 10 up
    Yeap! Already got paid by Sportsbet and made the withdrawal ........ haha

Now I’m just gonna sit back and hope for a low scoring game as I have two more same game multis pending :

@$20 - 1: Holmes , Gagai , Addo Carr try and over 35.5 points

@$78.50 - 1: Holmes, Gagai, Addo Carr try and under 35.5 points !

Can’t lose this time !!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Yeap! Already got paid by Sportsbet and made the withdrawal ........ haha

Now I’m just gonna sit back and hope for a low scoring game as I have two more same game multis pending :

@$20 - 1: Holmes , Gagai , Addo Carr try and over 35.5 points

@$78.50 - 1: Holmes, Gagai, Addo Carr try and under 35.5 points !

Can’t lose this time !!
    Wow! Nice one. Must be big! It's so nice when you know it's going to be win-win

I got the first try scorers too, twice in fact !!

Backed both Holmes and Gagai for the first try and the second try was also paid as a winner !

I actually had the exact same multi in game I when the three wingers all scored except it was only one bet and I had it for over 35.5 points and the game ended in 22-12 = 34 points . For the last 10 min I was just hoping for ANY points ! Even a Blues penalty would have delivered a big win for me! So I learnt my lesson , having it both ways tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
    Kevin Walters keeps on picking Broncos being Broncos assistant coach.

He loves Ben Hunt and Jarrod Wallace who he had connections with while they were at The Broncos.

He should have picked Ash Taylor and Matt Scott

Ben Hunt had a shocker and doesn't perform in big games as well as Cherry Evans
    Agreed with Benny Hunt! Big defensive error lead to a penalty try and lost the lead, then kicked the ball dead on tackle 3 and let the Blues off the hook while they were a man down! Fatty said it well live: you got to be kidding me ?? Seriously??

But I think our defence were better last night in the middle . At least nothing had come through the middle ! 5 tries were scored at one side of the field : Addo Carr / Mitchell, Chambers/Gagai all scored plus the penalty try all from the one side. It was 3 tried a piece and we lost cause we didn’t have a goal kicker !!

There is no what if in footy but last night was a case if we have anyone of the big three 3 still playing, we would have won!

Ps, don’t think Qld would make wholesale change for a dead rubber- but if Kevie is brave enough to try DCE and recall Matt Scott, dropped Hunt and Arrow and keep
    Ponga on the bench, I’ll be very happy !

After losing the ODI’s 4-0, the Aussie boys had a chance to salvage some pride and badly need confidence and momentum going to the T20 and bloody let it slip and gave England the pleasure of a 5-0 white wash !!

While only setting a modest target of 205! The blowers finally had a good start and pushed the Poms to 6-86 with seemingly only Jos Buttler the only remaining obstacle for an unlikely win ! Only for Buttler to stand tall at the end with a 110 no and single handedly won the final ODI by 1 wicket !

And England also won 6-1 in the World Cup too !! Now safely into the next around and in hot form !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I actually had the exact same multi in game I when the three wingers all scored except it was only one bet and I had it for over 35.5 points and the game ended in 22-12 = 34 points . For the last 10 min I was just hoping for ANY points ! Even a Blues penalty would have delivered a big win for me! So I learnt my lesson , having it both ways tonight !
    Wow, nice picks! Well done

This is it !!

Socceroos vs Peru , must win, no second chance and loser go home !!

And for the sake of football and this country fate in this World Cup, let Tim Cahill play !! There is no guarantee we will win and he will score in his forth consecutive World Cup, but if he doesn't get to play and we lose, that will be the biggest regret and stuff up in our World Cup history.

Have a go, that's all we are asking for.

And Daniel Arzani must start and play the full 90 min !!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie,

Goal, Goal, Goal !!!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I think 24 million Aussies reckon Timmy should play.
    It's just a matter of convincing 1 Dutchman
    Van Marwijk has done a great job so far.
    We are much more structured, disciplined and tight in defence and midfield now..
    Under that clown Postecoglou we were a loose mess.
    We've avoided a thrashing from the French and got a draw against Denmark.
    My only criticism of van Marwijk is that he should have brought Timmy on in the second half especially against Denmark.
    Anyway he took a cautious approach and we live to fight another day.
    Our problem still remains that we can't score! It was the same story under Postecoglou.
    4 of our last 5 goals have been from penalties (lucky Jedinak never misses. He has a 100% record from the penalty spot and that's even better than Ronaldo!)
    Anyway tonight we have to really go for it!
    Realistically we will need at least 2 goals to win because Peru are bound to score at least once.
    Let's see if the Dutchman has another string to his bow and can get us to play attacking football too and someone steps up to score; Juric, Rogic, Arzani, Leckie, McLaren or of course TIMMY!!!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I think Bert has done a stellar job and that he hasn't put a foot wrong yet. Cahill deserves some game time, but only as a sub. In the last 6 months, he has been on the pitch for a total of 60min. His skill set is very limited too, he is only good in the air, not so much with the ball at his feet. Defensively he is suspect and can't pressure the goalie or defenders when they have the ball and looking to distribute. We need to press them and force them to make poor decisions.

With Nabout injured, the starting squad will be very interesting to see. Hopefully Arzani starts.

The team spirit was very strong with the Socceroos and it looks like Bert (who they obviously respond to) has quickly adapted to the Australian attitude. (Quicker than Pim Verbeek). I don't want to see this eroded so some individual can chase personal glory.

GO SOCCEROOS

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I wouldn't be upset if Tim doesn't get a chance tonight, but if he does, good luck to him - I will be cheering him as much as any supporter. If he does score, I hope that he doesn't push away his teammates in his celebrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
    I think Bert has done a stellar job and that he hasn't put a foot wrong yet. Cahill deserves some game time, but only as a sub. In the last 6 months, he has been on the pitch for a total of 60min. His skill set is very limited too, he is only good in the air, not so much with the ball at his feet.

I don't want to see this eroded so some individual can chase personal glory.

GO SOCCEROOS

Mate, I’m sure you probably know more football stuff than me. But just want to remind you with that excellent goal Timmy scored in Brazil 4 years ago and it ain’t no header !

@@@@@@@@

THE world has gone crazy for Tim Cahill’s wonder goal, declaring it a goal of the tournament contender and worthy of sitting alongside the masterpiece volley of Dutch genius Marco van Basten at Euro ’88.

@@@@@@

Just giving Cahill some credit where credit is due !

Anyway, a win is what we must have, it doesn’t matter who scored or how we get there.

Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yes, very true Ahlungor. It was an unbelievable goal.

Banned
    Their speed on the outside and then centering the ball was spot on against the Danes, just lacking someone with the practiced skills to then nod / volley it into the net. If Cahill is good at this, get the **** on the pitch.

During Billy Slater's year off with his shoulder I read he spent the time with a sprint coach, and subsequently he has been clocked as faster than he was ten years ago. That is why he looks so sharp even at 35 every time he gets the ball.

Maybe Cahill is running on old legs and hasn't put the sprint training in to compensate for it, and the coach knows this.

But I agree with most, get him on the field anyway, Australia doesn't want to die wondering about this.

First time Peru attack they scored a great goal, very though from here !

Finally, Tim is playing ! But so bloody unfair ! Only at 2-0 down , so much pressure on the great man now !

So, another World Cup campaign is over for the Aussie ! Bottom of the group, 2 losses and 1 draw, 1 point and both goals were penalties- meaning we had failed to score in over 280+ min of open football.

Peru was too good, wonderful goals. we should all book Lupe@BabyCatMassage. I am sure she will be in a super happy mood!

Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast