Thread: Indonesian girl asks for welfare in Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    So WL/ML most on student visa do you think they can get social security. They don't pay tax.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    So WL/ML most on student visa do you think they can get social security. They don't pay tax.
    There are many people on welfare payments who have never worked or paid any tax at all during their lifetime. However, they are Australian citizens, permanent residents or refugees who have been given approval to reside in Australia and have the usual waiting periods set aside because of their refugee status. This is why they are entitled to receive welfare payments if they meet the qualification and payability criteria set out in the appropriate welfare payment legislation. In some overseas countries such as Singapore and Switzerland, welfare payments go to those who have contributed to society. Australia takes a different approach as the welfare system is there to support those who can't support themselves.

On the topic of MLs or WLs not paying tax, it's a fact that they don't. Will a WL or ML declare her actual income from working in a shop to the ATO? Of course not! In the case of a girl on a student visa or working holiday visa, highly unlikely that the ATO will know of her employment status. In doing so, they don't pay any tax and in some cases, many live very well. I recall seeing one Indonesian WL showing a photo of her shopping on social media just a month before the virus hit us in March and there were shopping bags from various expensive brand shops that normal Australian workers would only dream about visiting. I bet she wouldn't be declaring her income to the ATO and paying any tax at all. Therefore, don't feel sorry for these girls. Worry more about your families, kids and close friends than those girls.

Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    Most international students aren’t sex workers making thousands of dollars cash free per week. Most are on minimum wage or lower doing things residents don’t want to do and propping up university funding with massive fees. Doesn’t seem fair to me to say they don’t contribute anything. Seems like you guys are just a bunch of heartless bastards.
    I agree with you on this. And not all students are from rich families, Chinese parents are willing to have one meal less a day so as to give their children a good education !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by CockoftheRoot View Post
    Most international students aren’t sex workers making thousands of dollars cash free per week. Most are on minimum wage or lower doing things residents don’t want to do and propping up university funding with massive fees. Doesn’t seem fair to me to say they don’t contribute anything. Seems like you guys are just a bunch of heartless bastards.
    theres shit load of rich chinese student here. no doubt if this is allow they will also can claim money to fund their luxury life.