Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TraceTogether App

Banned
    The app is being launched today. The government had stated that only government health authorities can access your details and no one else.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stealth View Post
    I have downloaded. I would like to know if I have been exposed to covid. Anyone else downloaded?
    I have installed too. Apparently it won't record your location (of course your location can be found other ways but not from this App). I have read FAQs and looks like your privacy is well-protected (If they are telling us truth!).

I rather want to end this restrictions sooner rather than later so happy to assist the government in this occasion.

Banned
    The more people that download it the quicker they can put out virus spot fires and the sooner we can go back to normal life.

If the goverment made it mandatory they could probably stamp out the virus in three weeks.

They are making everything else mandatory so why not the quickest and cheapest way out of this mess?

Banned
    The shops won't open until the virus is stamped out.

When the virus is stamped out then they are going to delete the app.

Ergo, it is impossible to be in a shop with an active app.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkkid View Post
    For the app to work, its important for punters to use the app when punting, so if they catch something from some shop, the govt can contact everyone who went to that shop and inform them to get tested.
    Only if WL/ML use it with both Bluetooth on.

installed. If it is going to help things get back to normal. No one really cares about my activities, I am just an average Joe blow but it would be good for authorities to know if I come into contact by chance, like winning lotto chance...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Seems to work like this:
    The app records phone numbers of nearby phones if your close for a period of say 15mins.
    Does not record location.
    The data is encrypted and stored on your phone only.
    The data is deleted after 21 days, so you won't have details older then 21 days.
    If you test positive, then data is uploaded by health authority and contract trace can be done via unencrypting phone number(s) and sending message as alert.
    I'm in.
    I think it will help us all.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Seems like there are enough safeguards built into the way the app works and the way data is stored, used, and deleted.

Junior Member(有D料到) smiling wide's Avatar
    Looks good. Read all the privacy policy section. It really tries to drive the point home that no location data is collected and is based on Bluetooth strength between your phone and others around you. It does drain your battery faster. Mine is at 1% every 10mins so far, but I guess they will say that since you are at home, you can keep it on charge

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Installed it last night and not worried at all about the data collection.

Apple,Facebook,Google already have your data and track every move you make already.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You need to allow the app access to your "location" purely because of bluetooth, you geolocation is NOT stored.

You can also use a pseudonym, so it doesn't need to be your real name, they just need to be able to notify you if you've been in contact with someone that tested positive.

Once this is all over, all the data will be wiped.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That's very trusting to believe it'll be wiped

Banned
    It's not trust, it is legislated it be wiped on penalty of jail.

I don't know about everyone else but I really want things to get back to normal so we can act like humans again. Not much to ask is it.

Quote Originally Posted by God Member View Post
    It's not trust, it is legislated it be wiped on penalty of jail.

I don't know about everyone else but I really want things to get back to normal so we can act like humans again. Not much to ask is it.
    Ditto. Big data out there already knows what time you last went for a shit anyway. On the flip side the government would never be able to live it down if there was a breach so they have a high level of confidence in the technology. I would be interested in the source code when it is released.

I am pretty excited, our least recorded cases for 2 months in NSW......

Quote Originally Posted by Kowabunga View Post
    Seems to work like this:
    The app records phone numbers of nearby phones if your close for a period of say 15mins.
    Does not record location.
    The data is encrypted and stored on your phone only.
    The data is deleted after 21 days, so you won't have details older then 21 days.
    If you test positive, then data is uploaded by health authority and contract trace can be done via unencrypting phone number(s) and sending message as alert.
    I'm in.
    I think it will help us all.

Thanks Kowabunga,

Just one more point to your comments: After you tested positive and got notified, you still have an option on your Apps to approve or agree to share your data with the Health Department before they can use your data to start tracing. But surely, if you already down loaded the Apps in the first place, you will do the right thing and agree to help, right ?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Thanks Kowabunga,

Just one more point to your comments: After you tested positive and got notified, you still have an option on your Apps to approve or agree to share your data with the Health Department before they can use your data to start tracing. But surely, if you already down loaded the Apps in the first place, you will do the right thing and agree to help, right ?
    I think so. I'm in. If you test positive, yes, I think they'll still ask permission before uploading the data. I think they'll still ask where you've been anyway as they do now with contact tracing. The app just makes it quicker and ensure everyone gets notified and no-one is forgotten.
    In these stressful times, I think it's ok to have a relaxation therapeutic massage.
    Part of the deal too ... is that the police are not allowed access to the data. That's important because they normally get whatever they ask for.

There are so many ways that data is collected all the time:
    - transaction at shops or online.
    - Google searches, internet searches, Google maps.
    - number plate recognition (car parks, air ports, highways)
    - blue tooth IDs picked up for monitoring traffic flows (at each intersection), sometimes for crowd monitoring.
    - video cameras at shops, hotels, airports, road and traffic, bridges, etc.
    Data everywhere.

I think this is a small thing each of us can do which can make a big difference overall.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Downloaded and installed. The percentage of people participate in this tracking system is one of the measures that government consider lifting the restrictions.

This app doesn't track your location. And you can use a different name if you don't want to use real name. I am not a celebrity so not really care if someone knows who I have been in contact with.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    If your Bluetooth of connected to say headphones, does it disconnect and then log the phone of who you are near and then reconnect back to your headphones

Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    If your Bluetooth of connected to say headphones, does it disconnect and then log the phone of who you are near and then reconnect back to your headphones
    Doesn't need to. Bluetooth broadcasts which is why you can see numerous phones and headsets in available devices in public places.

I am not politically aligned, but I gotta say he looks creepy.

https://chaser.com.au/national/peter...-in-your-area/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast