Thread: About regulars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Hmmm, regulars, I've run my ship on to the rocks with their siren calls...
    And I've been right where you are.
    Stories? Yeah I have a few, those though are not for a public forum.
    "The best one I hope for is that nothing bad against her in life but just she found love "
    Reminds me of lyrics to a song that brings to mind a girl I used to know "I know some day you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a Sun in somebody else's sky.. but why... why.. why can't it be, oh can't it be mine." And that certainly applies to one of my old regulars.

There are many possible scenarios here.
    1. Maybe you're over thinking things. I have been guilty of that on many occasions.
    2. She is going through a rough time. We all have them. She may have thoughts on her mind, worries, concerns Etc.
    3. She may have had a bad experience with a customer previously who became a regular, and so is protecting herself.
    4. She has a boyfriend and decided it is best to distance you.
    5. There was a fire but it has burnt out.
    6. She really likes you but doesn't want to risk hurting you or herself
    And so on. You get the idea.
    Confronting it can be daunting. You risk changing the dynamic you have irrevocably. You risk bringing this chapter to a close. You also have a chance at getting to the bottom of things and maybe, just maybe, discovering that she too feels a shift, and that there's something she wants to hear from you, or there is something on her mind she wants to vocalise.
    Of course you could also leave things as they are, or go in search of pastures new. It's all up to you. There is no real right answer on what to do.

" But my experience is that you won't get an honest answer in this situation." Agreed. Honesty is extremely rare in this game.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    Hmmm, regulars, I've run my ship on to the rocks with their siren calls...
    And I've been right where you are.
    Stories? Yeah I have a few, those though are not for a public forum.
    "The best one I hope for is that nothing bad against her in life but just she found love "
    Reminds me of lyrics to a song that brings to mind a girl I used to know "I know some day you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a Sun in somebody else's sky.. but why... why.. why can't it be, oh can't it be mine." And that certainly applies to one of my old regulars.

There are many possible scenarios here.
    1. Maybe you're over thinking things. I have been guilty of that on many occasions.
    2. She is going through a rough time. We all have them. She may have thoughts on her mind, worries, concerns Etc.
    3. She may have had a bad experience with a customer previously who became a regular, and so is protecting herself.
    4. She has a boyfriend and decided it is best to distance you.
    5. There was a fire but it has burnt out.
    6. She really likes you but doesn't want to risk hurting you or herself
    And so on. You get the idea.
    Confronting it can be daunting. You risk changing the dynamic you have irrevocably. You risk bringing this chapter to a close. You also have a chance at getting to the bottom of things and maybe, just maybe, discovering that she too feels a shift, and that there's something she wants to hear from you, or there is something on her mind she wants to vocalise.
    Of course you could also leave things as they are, or go in search of pastures new. It's all up to you. There is no real right answer on what to do.

" But my experience is that you won't get an honest answer in this situation." Agreed. Honesty is extremely rare in this game.
    So very true Mr. Pearl Jam

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroid19 View Post
    So very true Mr. Pearl Jam
    Such a good song that. I don't do love songs, not my scene, but that one is top shelf.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    We all feel a bit down from time to time and when songs like that comes up on the playlist while finishing the 7th can of JD, well...say no more

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroid19 View Post
    We all feel a bit down from time to time and when songs like that comes up on the playlist while finishing the 7th can of JD, well...say no more
    Indeed. I have been known to belt it out at the top of my lungs..