Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown in Sydney to go until at least August

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    The construction industry have been out of work for less than a week and are the biggest complainers.

It says mental health, it should say they need to punt as well.

Construction industry warns firms will fold and jobs will be lost if Sydney COVID-19 lockdown is extended
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...ophe/100312162

But on a serious note, I had no idea the suicide rate was high amongst construction workers.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
    I don’t understand how they complain so much. Construction industry is the highest paid job in australia earning about min 80-150k. also with the private cash job. Yet they still get grants 1000pw from gov. i seen a story video of a trademen how he cant live with losing 3k pw with his anger and say he cant feed the family because of lockdown. Yet, im sure those kind of people have nice houses and expensive cars the typical bmw, merc. im sure they have enough saving if it werent for those assets.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    After my two AZ's I've upgraded past my old idea to now having two pfizers.
    That will be my new catchcry - WHY BE IMMUNE WHEN YOU CAN BE INVINCIBLE!
    I guess the logic is, 70% + 60% = 130% effectiveness, rounded up.
    Why, you'll be so strong, simply having you in the room will protect others from the virus!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I guess the logic is, 70% + 60% = 130% effectiveness, rounded up.
    Why, you'll be so strong, simply having you in the room will protect others from the virus!
    might as well do the 3rd dose, there is a study saying that it improves the efficiency by 5x the first 2 lol

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    I don’t understand how they complain so much. Construction industry is the highest paid job in australia earning about min 80-150k. also with the private cash job. Yet they still get grants 1000pw from gov. i seen a story video of a trademen how he cant live with losing 3k pw with his anger and say he cant feed the family because of lockdown. Yet, im sure those kind of people have nice houses and expensive cars the typical bmw, merc. im sure they have enough saving if it werent for those assets.
    Their nice houses and BMWs probably soak up all their earnings and they have little in liquid savings. As we've previously seen, people will line up for freebies from the government because they are "entitled" to it, not because they need it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Their nice houses and BMWs probably soak up all their earnings and they have little in liquid savings. As we've previously seen, people will line up for freebies from the government because they are "entitled" to it, not because they need it.
    Well it is their fault for not having emergency savings. Yes, they are entitled and should be happy with 1k pw grant while others only get 325-500 only yet their wage is still way than them and still manageable with that spending even with less food on table.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I reckon the virus "spilling over" into the Western suburbs is going to cause the numbers to spike up a lot now because socio-economic factors would've caused a lot of existing infections in those areas to go undetected.

I think the Gov needs to do some things to alleviate those socio-economic problems in order to give those people the incentive to come forward for testing. For example, exemption from being pursued for immigration breaches if they get tested and are found positive. They need to get that message out to those communities effectively as well.

Or another thing they can do is to increase or focus the government aid on those that come forward to get tested and are found to be positive. Not just handouts to the general population like it is being done now. It's all about incentivising people to do the right thing.

In short, I think to get ahead of the virus, we need to first get over the "human" or socio-economic hurdles.

Well it is their fault for not having emergency savings. Yes, they are entitled and should be happy with 1k pw grant while others only get 325-500.
    What is your source for them getting 1000pw while at best others in the same boat are only getting $750pw? That doesn't pass any kind of test, pub or otherwise.

Banned
    I reckon the virus "spilling over" into the Western suburbs is going to cause the numbers to spike up a lot now because socio-economic factors would've caused a lot of existing infections in those areas to go undetected.

I think the Gov needs to do some things to alleviate those socio-economic problems in order to give those people the incentive to come forward for testing. For example, exemption from being pursued for immigration breaches if they get tested and are found positive. They need to get that message out to those communities effectively as well.

Or another thing they can do is to increase or focus the government aid on those that come forward to get tested and are found to be positive. Not just handouts to the general population like it is being done now. It's all about incentivising people to do the right thing.

In short, I think to get ahead of the virus, we need to first get over the "human" or socio-economic hurdles.
    There is a $1500 disaster payment to those required to self isolate or quarantine for 14 days, but only if you don't have any personal, sick or other leave accumulated. If you get any wages, salary or any other payments you're also out of luck.

So if you have 2 weeks annual leave left, you've just blown it. Nice!

Remember, if you check in, make sure you check out to limit your liability. Your annual leave could be on the line.

Senior Member(無間使者)

I have to say it’s quite amazing to come on here and read some measured and sensible ideas and suggestions. I know there’s a couple of nutters on here occasionally but nothing compared to Facebook, Instagram etc. Who would of thought a punting forum is a better voice of reason? Especially since it’s so anonymous

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Anyway I think this thread should be renamed Covid lockdown to go until at least October now

Senior Member(無間使者)
    On the construction industry whinging...

Many of those working in the construction industry (be it employed or a sole trader) live in nice houses, have the very best and most expensive utes available (the Mrs probably only works part time or not even at all and has a Land Rover, Jeep or Jaguar SUV to drop the kids off to school), and live a fairly good middle-upper class lifestyle - most of which is no doubt purchased/funded using some form of leverage.

If you are struggling to pay the mortgage, car lease/loan, or any other form of personal leverage you've taken out to fund your abundant lifestyle - call your financial institution and work out a payment plan (delay payments until work starts back up again). Same deal for when it comes to paying the rent on any commercial office space you might occupy - speak to your landlord.

We're all in this together... aren't we?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Have to agree that alot (not all) of the tradies are only whinging cause they're mortgaged to the eyeballs and even with alot of the ones I know the wives don't work (but they're on the books for tax purposes).

I feel sorry for all the casuals in the hospitality and retail industry as they have no annual leave, sickies or long service to fall back on. Some haven't got any savings either, they live a pay to pay week.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS IN PLACE

Due to the current financial situation caused by the Corona Virus and slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of SHIT they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your TD, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.

Sincerely,
    E.V.I.L.
    Economic Value of Individual Lives

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    On the construction industry whinging...

Many of those working in the construction industry (be it employed or a sole trader) live in nice houses, have the very best and most expensive utes available (the Mrs probably only works part time or not even at all and has a Land Rover, Jeep or Jaguar SUV to drop the kids off to school), and live a fairly good middle-upper class lifestyle - most of which is no doubt purchased/funded using some form of leverage.

If you are struggling to pay the mortgage, car lease/loan, or any other form of personal leverage you've taken out to fund your abundant lifestyle - call your financial institution and work out a payment plan (delay payments until work starts back up again). Same deal for when it comes to paying the rent on any commercial office space you might occupy - speak to your landlord.

We're all in this together... aren't we?
    Is gladys taking a hit on her 400 k+ taxpayer wage seeing we are all in this together??

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4647 View Post
    Is gladys taking a hit on her 400 k+ taxpayer wage seeing we are all in this together??
    Not likely. Her reasoning would be she’s working harder than ever eg fronting up to press conferences everyday etc. Scott Morrison said the same thing last year when asked something similar

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    CSL's CEO still earned 43 million last financial year.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharphorse View Post
    Not likely. Her reasoning would be she’s working harder than ever eg fronting up to press conferences everyday etc. Scott Morrison said the same thing last year when asked something similar
    I don't think either of them would get much sympathy at the moment

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If lockdown doesn't end until they reach zero, the lockdown will go until the end of the year..

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    What is your source for them getting 1000pw while at best others in the same boat are only getting $750pw? That doesn't pass any kind of test, pub or otherwise.
    They said it on press conferences or you can call nsw service. They get 1000 grant pw for tradies compare to others get max 600. they avoided the liquid asset test. How lucky is that. I mean so everyone get the benefit for those who lost in lockdown. you can imagine being in asian or other western countries they don’t get any support or they just get pantries only. Their situation is far much worst than us. We should be lucky. Though i still hate the typical high salary but still complains, i myself earning 60k. I manage to spend and save, i always think for the worst in future that way i wont go homeless. I got mortgage too lucky i bought it 8yrs ago which im paying less than renting.

They said it on press conferences or you can call nsw service. They get 1000 grant pw for tradies compare to others get max 600.
    Well, I'm a sole trader - not a sole tradie. But if the only difference is the letter "i" then I'm going for that f**king 1K pw too.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast