Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whatsapp or Wechat?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Yeh sorry, to clarify. Friends can’t see your friends list (unless they’re looking over your shoulder at your phone) but I think they can see if you have a WeChat account, because it links with the contacts list on your phone.

But there is a setting to stop that too if that’s a concern.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    on wechat..you can only add someone if you know their ID or if they appear on "people nearby". Even then you will only see their ID if they accept you. Wechat is very different to FB or whatsapp.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    WeChat since you can add by ID or scan in real life.

WhatsApp they will have your mobile number you linked which is usually your real number.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar
    I used - wechat ,line ,kakao talk. Never what's app . I dont want give numbers out. Wechat is the best !

Junior Member(有D料到)
    wechat as primary, line as secondary
    Many shops won't ask for phone when booking. Even some shops ask for phone, usually just for the first time.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    i got caught on wechat after forgetting to delete a chat i had with ginza. i had to admit was a shop but only got HJ from it. I have uninstalled wechat just to keep her happy and our relationship intact. So its much harder for me, i am using line/kik nowadays if a shop offers

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    also I got a text message from a working lady I have never used, advertising her services. WTF i never gave up my number .. the only time was when i have called shops on my number (and I forgot to put it on private) ,and they probably passed it on. If my partner saw that message I probably could pass it off as spam but it would have aroused so much suspicion. I was absolutely upset that my number is out there. So get a burner number gents or stick to wechat/line..

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I haven't been having any problems with wechat

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Forget about the app you're using, more important is the phone you're using.

If you're using a newer iPhone, it would have enough RAM to keep all your apps running in the background. Apple and its fanbois love to bang on about how great this feature is, but in reality it is the shittiest thing ever, not just for punting but everyday use.

So, thanks to this "feature", what'll happen is this:

You use any messaging app (including SMS) to send a message for your punt. You go to your punt, go about your life for the next few days, using your phone for other things, etc. Then one day, you're talking to your partner or colleague and you end up opening the same app to check something. Lo and behold, what does this doofus of an iPhone do? It shows you your last screen in that app!
    Yep the punting message that you sent days ago is right there for everyone to see. Fucking stupid iPhone!

The fanbois will say you should've known it would do this, but who dafuq keeps tabs on the current state of all their apps?

It's a gimmicky feature that just farks up everything. If I'm in a hurry and want to call someone quickly, I hit the phone app, it shows something stupid like the contact card I was in the last time I used it to call someone. Why would I ever want to see that?

Bottom-line and TL;DR, iPhones are really bad for punting!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Forget about the app you're using, more important is the phone you're using.

If you're using a newer iPhone, it would have enough RAM to keep all your apps running in the background. Apple and its fanbois love to bang on about how great this feature is, but in reality it is the shittiest thing ever, not just for punting but everyday use.

So, thanks to this "feature", what'll happen is this:

You use any messaging app (including SMS) to send a message for your punt. You go to your punt, go about your life for the next few days, using your phone for other things, etc. Then one day, you're talking to your partner or colleague and you end up opening the same app to check something. Lo and behold, what does this doofus of an iPhone do? It shows you your last screen in that app!
    Yep the punting message that you sent days ago is right there for everyone to see. Fucking stupid iPhone!

The fanbois will say you should've known it would do this, but who dafuq keeps tabs on the current state of all their apps?

It's a gimmicky feature that just farks up everything. If I'm in a hurry and want to call someone quickly, I hit the phone app, it shows something stupid like the contact card I was in the last time I used it to call someone. Why would I ever want to see that?

Bottom-line and TL;DR, iPhones are really bad for punting!
    Lol. Thats what i mentioned earlier.

I use android

I use shelter to have duplicate apps

Then turn off all notifications for the punting wechat and password protect it somout of the chance someone does open it, then thry need to key in a pwd

Lastly, the original wechat behaves like normal

Junior Member(有D料到)
    yes I agree wechat is best..Yesterday I rang an rnt shop in Anzac parade. The jerk on the other end wouldn't answer my questions about who waz on cause I had caller ID off..what a dick. Never show your number even for enquiries

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Wechat + burner phone the best combination

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Neither. Private number calls is the way to go

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Not sure if anyone can clarify my slightly weird but specific question.

If I start using WeChat, will all my phone contacts be able to see that I’m using it? I’m not sure if changing the settings can avoid this.

There’s a few people I’d prefer not know if I were to suddenly start using the app. And I know you can find friends using your phone address book.

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    By default, only your contacts who use WeChat can find out that you’re on WeChat as well. However, this can be changed under the “Methods for Friending Me” on the app settings.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    There should be a toggle there to disallow people from finding you on WeChat via your mobile number.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by colin.oscopy View Post
    yes I agree wechat is best..Yesterday I rang an rnt shop in Anzac parade. The jerk on the other end wouldn't answer my questions about who waz on cause I had caller ID off..what a dick. Never show your number even for enquiries
    I’ve noticed that with a few operators, even the respected ones. That or they ask to send you a text message before they confirm the booking

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank.huang.ak View Post
    wechat as primary, line as secondary
    Many shops won't ask for phone when booking. Even some shops ask for phone, usually just for the first time.
    Yes, WeChat is the most convenient way of seeing the roster and making a booking

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I use wechat for punting only vibes

Senior Member(無間使者) CursedCoomer's Avatar
    Wechat is pretty based for roster updates, ease of adding people and not showing your phone number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast