Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not Punting Related - Paranormal Activity

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    One thing about human society is it is ruled by science and logic. Paranormal activity, ghosts, demonic possession, etc, cannot be explained by science. So when something bad happens, eg. A crime is committed, they always use the limited science available to try to explain it. A young woman (who looks creepy as fuck, btw) kills and beheads her own mother and walks the streets with her head in her hand. This case was handled in the usual manner by examining her for mental illness.

But here's the thing. If we do not have the ability to detect paranormal activity, and we only have the ability to detect mental illness, how could a person "acting funny" be found to be anything but mentally ill? That's the only conclusion we can come up with because that's the only thing we know.

It's like we go to Mars to look for "signs of life". That should be reworded as "signs of life as we know it", because alien life forms could be so unimaginable to us that we might not even recognise it if it was staring at us in the face. It could be a rock for all we know. Or even something that we do not have the senses to detect.

Anyway, digressing a bit, lol....
    Good point there. though every physicists, scientists in the world are trying to give off an explanation to what is happening on our surroundings, there are still some gray areas that science along can't explain.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not really garbage. It gives people hope. If there will be ghosts and spirits, who's to say there won't be a God (or gods depending on your religion)?
    I agree. We are so busy living in this world that we tend to take for granted those things. I mean wouldn't it be cool to unravel or decode some?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
    There are particular buildings in most places dedicated to promoting this garbage. They are usually run by men in long skirts waving incense around and threatening their attendees with all sorts of unpleasantness. Particularly busy on Sundays, though some of the wizards prefer Friday or Saturday. They all want you to shell out the cash which would be much better spent at your favourite knocking shop. The ladies there are far more skilled in the super-natural arts - particularly the raising of the dead.
    "The ladies there are far more skilled in the super-natural arts - particularly the raising of the dead."

I could not agree more!

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snapjaw View Post
    This is not rare and is called sleep paralysis. Happens when you are in between that state of wakefulness and the body being asleep but your mind is still alert, for some reason it heightens your fear levels. Happened to me regularly in high school, I used to swear there was an evil spirit around when I'd get stuck in this state, I'd have to move a finger or something to "wake up". Over time however I got used to it and when I found out what it was, it made sense to me. Very rarely happens to me now but I can recognise when I'm about to get it when falling asleep, basically I just let it happen, there's no more "spirits" around though, and a few times I've tried to "astral project" but never seems to work.
    Sleep paralysis.... bro, that BS is almost all theory, nothing confirmed about it.

All they did was put together all the things that people experienced (paralysis, hearing / seeing unusual things, etc.) that used to be identified as paranormal activity and just called them "symptoms".

Then the rest of this "medical condition" is made up completely of "theories" to explain why it is happening from a medical perspective. Like the proverbial square peg in a round hole.

Banned
    With out going into specifics,

I’ve seen apparitions on two occasions in the one building. Years later I mentioned it and others in the group have also seen apparitions in the same building.

We’ve come to the conclusion that as long as nothing bad happens we “let sleeping dogs lie”. By that I mean even though we are not religious believers we would still go through with an exorcism ceremony.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    With out going into specifics,

I’ve seen apparitions on two occasions in the one building. Years later I mentioned it and others in the group have also seen apparitions in the same building.

We’ve come to the conclusion that as long as nothing bad happens we “let sleeping dogs lie”. By that I mean even though we are not religious believers we would still go through with an exorcism ceremony.
    What apparitions? maybe a supernatural appearance of a person or thing? (especially a ghost; a specter or phantom; wraith) ???

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sleep paralysis.... bro, that BS is almost all theory, nothing confirmed about it.

All they did was put together all the things that people experienced (paralysis, hearing / seeing unusual things, etc.) that used to be identified as paranormal activity and just called them "symptoms".

Then the rest of this "medical condition" is made up completely of "theories" to explain why it is happening from a medical perspective. Like the proverbial square peg in a round hole.
    Researchers especially in the medical field hunt for answers on such events. they would like to believe that everything has an explanation why is it happening

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234