Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punting as escapism from work

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potluck2.0 View Post
    but I felt intensely emotionally empty afterwards as I went about my day shopping for cheap groceries at aldi in the cold and rain.

I have financially castrated myself as GFMan has advised up above so no more punting for quite a while.
    That sounds kinda depressing, but then again it's probably what happens to me a lot of the times...

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    It's not just work that we may seek to escape.

The other day I NEEDED to go somewhere, I needed an hour where the outside world just didn't exist. It had to be with someone I know because I really couldn't be fucked going through the whole "How do you do's?" bullshit, but at the same time I needed to be with someone who knew nothing about what was going on beyond those doors. Seeing as I don't have regulars any more, and it was last minute, and it had to be close by (I was in Carlo at the time) AND my 1st choice (Iu) wasn't working that day I went with Abby at TR190 who I had seen the week before.

Of course, it solved nothing, when I emerged the issue was still there, but for that hour, just for that brief moment in time, all that mattered was that I was receiving a fantastic massage from a lovely girl and could forget, or rather put to one side, what was happening, it was a small escape but without it honestly I would have struggled. As it was for the rest of the week I was able to remain strong to help those who needed me to be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelli2000 View Post
    Anyone uses punting as escapism from work?

Eg: going to a punt to forget about all work related trouble

I have a friend who blows 1/3 of his net after tax pay on punting

How do you stop this addiction from getting worse
    If he’s ok with the spend then why not?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelli2000 View Post
    Anyone uses punting as escapism from work?

Eg: going to a punt to forget about all work related trouble

I have a friend who blows 1/3 of his net after tax pay on punting

How do you stop this addiction from getting worse
    We had been there than that. we all have that experience not necessarily at work but in life in general that we want to escape, even for a while.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123