Thread: What Advertising do you notice?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

What Advertising do you notice?

Apart from reviews on here and personal experience, what advertisements do you guys use to find a new location to punt?

Wechat seems to be very popular now days, based on what I can see in the "people nearby" function.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    This as well as gumtree + locanto, but this can be hard to spot and I've certainly missed a few ads. I rely a lot on you guys for local knowledge and I try to share my own where I can.

Having said that, I do get the major shits with PMs from people who don't post reviews asking for detailed information.

If you're going to these places, fucking review them as well. Contribute. Then ask for info.

These days Locanto is my go to. Gumtree seems to have less on it than it used to. I'm using WeChat a lot more now, although still not as much as Locanto. I used to use Cracker but that has become a bit of a pain in the arse so I hardly check it. i also tend to check the ads in the free local rag each week. On the rare occasion, i'll buy the Courier Mail and/or the Gold Coast Bully and check the classifieds.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    gumtree is harder for them to advertise since they now need to be registered massages with certificates and what not.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Locanto usually has a hyper link to the advertiser on the RHS of the advert, and if you click on it, you are taken to their profile page, including how many followers they have. Presumably the more followers, the better the service?

I check out http://www.sunqld.com/english.php in the jobs section for potential new places that might be opening up, or doing some serious recruiting....