Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown in Sydney to go until at least August

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Any CBD dwellers here? Fucking crazy scenes unfolding. Lockdown protests turning violent!
    it was only a matter of time before they came out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Philistines, yobbos, hoons, idiots etc
    I reckon there would be a few.......

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    This protest could very well cause our lockdown to go to Christmas and beyond. Well done, fucking morons!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Heard it first on Aus99 Australia. Sydney lockdown to go until 10th January 2022!!! Troops on the streets!!!!!

Banned
    This protest could very well cause our lockdown to go to Christmas and beyond. Well done, fucking morons!
    It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds as there's little to no evidence that the Melbourne BLM protest in June 2020 contributed to the case numbers but then it wasn't the Delta variant so that might make a difference.

See https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/coronacheck-black-lives-matter-melbourne-andrew-bolt-asks/12481360

Banned
    If transmission could happen in the MCG Stadium in Melbourne, there is no reason why it won’t cause transmission in the CBD protests today. Likely a good proportion of the protesters are living in the city or city fringe, not good news for those brothers and girls living in the city areas. Haymarket has already been named as hotspot for increased testing and this protest will only add to the gravity of situation there. Let’s hope that none of the protesters is a positive case.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Difference was that at the BLM protests ppl wore masks. Protest today were by ppl who don’t give a f about others. Of course those aholes wouldn’t wear masks. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an outbreak and we’re gonna be stuck at home for another few months thanks to these idiots

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Any CBD dwellers here? Fucking crazy scenes unfolding. Lockdown protests turning violent!
    I live in the city but did not see anything. I think the protests were in Victoria Park opposite Broadway shop, but not sure of that.

Walked down to Woolies and they had shut their doors.

Walked back home, too many silly people around and almost like a riot brewing.1627103803859.jpg1627103808919.jpg

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Walked down to Woolies and they had shut their doors.

Walked back home, too many silly people around and almost like a riot brewing.1627103803859.jpg1627103808919.jpg

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
    if they find who the provocators is will face hard penalty. I been staying home all day since lockdown and didnt go anywhere beyond my council area following the rules. Now these people destroys it all going back to square 1. rather than locking the LGA area why cant they lock all areas in sydney. just hyporicite! seeing people at bondi beach crowding each other, no mask and no distancing. Also no enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwally View Post
    I live in the city but did not see anything. I think the protests were in Victoria Park opposite Broadway shop, but not sure of that.
    They started from Broadway area and moved down George St to Town Hall.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abovetherim View Post
    Difference was that at the BLM protests ppl wore masks. Protest today were by ppl who don’t give a f about others. Of course those aholes wouldn’t wear masks. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an outbreak and we’re gonna be stuck at home for another few months thanks to these idiots
    Problem is, there's little scientific evidence that masks (the blue surgical ones) protect against the virus. Maybe they prevent some droplet spread but "fleeting contact" seems to indicate that the virus doesn't need droplets to do damage.

The average size of the virus is 100th the size of the filtration specification. You need a minimum of a N95 spec to be of any use. It's a bit like hurling marbles at a scaffold clad building expecting the scaff to stop them, fat chance.

Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds as there's little to no evidence that the Melbourne BLM protest in June 2020 contributed to the case numbers but then it wasn't the Delta variant so that might make a difference.

See https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/coronacheck-black-lives-matter-melbourne-andrew-bolt-asks/12481360
    I put that down to naivete on the part of the authorities. I mean, these are people who will go to a mass protest during an outbreak in the middle of a pandemic. Do you seriously think that they will go and get tested for COVID?

It ain't going to happen. What may happen is they may pass it on to people who are NOT like them and that's when we'll start to see more cases, and they will all be "mystery" cases.

Banned
    I put that down to naivete on the part of the authorities. I mean, these are people who will go to a mass protest during an outbreak in the middle of a pandemic. Do you seriously think that they will go and get tested for COVID?

It ain't going to happen. What may happen is they may pass it on to people who are NOT like them and that's when we'll start to see more cases, and they will all be "mystery" cases.
    I don't disagree with you but it would be very easy for the Govt to spike up the nastiness of protests to ensure there was some "infection fallout". They didn't do that after Melbourne which is a credit to the reporting authorities.

They probably won't get tested and therein lies the dilemma. Would you rather have total compliance of a subservient public or just enough independence to voice their opposition, however misplaced it might be.

The rich tapestry of life goes on.

The anti-vaxer who nearly died from COVID still doesn’t believe he should take vaccine…
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

I don't disagree with you but it would be very easy for the Govt to spike up the nastiness of protests to ensure there was some "infection fallout". They didn't do that after Melbourne which is a credit to the reporting authorities.

They probably won't get tested and therein lies the dilemma. Would you rather have total compliance of a subservient public or just enough independence to voice their opposition, however misplaced it might be.

The rich tapestry of life goes on.
    In this instance, I choose subservience, because the other option to have a free voice etc, is only useful as a foil to stop the governing body from exacting some sort of undeserved benefit out of a situation.

This is an outbreak in the middle of a pandemic. What sort of "undeserved benefit" can the government get out of locking people down? There is none.

You simply cannot use the same tool to solve all problems, ok? Freedom and free speech has to take a backseat now and let the government do its job. We all need to function as a single entity to beat this virus!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Same protests occurred in Wollongong …. I hear it was organised by delegates from the building & construction unions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member(有D料到)
    They didn't do that after Melbourne which is a credit to the reporting authorities.
    They didn't do it because it didn't happen you fucking dumb cunt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockie View Post
    They didn't do it because it didn't happen you fucking dumb cunt.
    It's a pity you didn't understand the point and add some meaningful dialogue, just simply wasted space.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    It's a pity you didn't understand the point and add some meaningful dialogue, just simply wasted space.
    You're a fucking nutjob inferring a govt conspiracy to "spike up the nastiness of protests to ensure there was some "infection fallout". It won't happen. Genomic sequencing will tell the truth. Full stop.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast