Thread: Ask Advice to avoid any STD or STI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceguy11 View Post
    I was talking to NSW Health yesterday trying to make a booking to get my regular STI/STD test done at the local sexual health clinic, the same one the girls use. Reason being is that my local doctor is on leave and I can't get a booking at a local GP as they are all closed.

Whilst talking to the nurse, we got talking about STI's & STD's. She said that HIV transmission amongst sex workers is relatively low in Australia as sex workers are tested on a regular basis. This is different to having natural sex with a non sex worker like a chick you picked up at a club and took home to have sex with. In her words, she said testing rates among non sex workers is low hence why they would be more prone of spreading STI's/STD's compared to sex workers and punters like us who get tested on a regular basis. She did say that you would have a higher chance of contracting chlamydia from unprotected sex as well as other STI's/STD's.
    The rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea have increased here.

Your nurse said that sex workers get tested regularly. How did she form this opinion? Do all WLs who go to a sexual clinic report that they are WLs? Of course they won't state it. Many WLs don't get tested on a regular basis and the shops don't compel them to do it.

One time, I took a WL (from overseas on a student visa) to a sexual health clinic to get tested since she had no idea where to go. She had no injections against Hep A or B or even HPV. The shop hadn't told her to do it nor asked for any proof that she had been tested for any STI's or HIV before commencing work. She had been working for a few months and we became good friends until the money got to her head and she formed friendships with other people that were more appealing to her for financial and other reasons. Anyway, she told me the nurse asked her about her sexual history. She felt embarrassed telling her that she was working as a WL. Luckily for her, she was negative for any STI's and was advised to get her injections and practice safe sex.

Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    The rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea have increased here.

Your nurse said that sex workers get tested regularly. How did she form this opinion? Do all WLs who go to a sexual clinic report that they are WLs? Of course they won't state it. Many WLs don't get tested on a regular basis and the shops don't compel them to do it.

One time, I took a WL (from overseas on a student visa) to a sexual health clinic to get tested since she had no idea where to go. She had no injections against Hep A or B or even HPV. The shop hadn't told her to do it nor asked for any proof that she had been tested for any STI's or HIV before commencing work. She had been working for a few months and we became good friends until the money got to her head and she formed friendships with other people that were more appealing to her for financial and other reasons. Anyway, she told me the nurse asked her about her sexual history. She felt embarrassed telling her that she was working as a WL. Luckily for her, she was negative for any STI's and was advised to get her injections and practice safe sex.
    They don't have to state they are sex workers. A WL I know attends the Sexual Health Clinic in Parramatta which is open to anyone to attend. I'm just saying what she told me. If you want to speak with them, feel free to contact them on 1800 451 262.