Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Vaccine Pfizer

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I agree, but australia doesnt feel the urgency. Everything has risk, getting covid has short term and potential unknown long term risk and the same can be said about the vaccine. The question should be more what has the most risk and getting the vaccine has much lower risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaidwtf View Post
    I agree, but australia doesnt feel the urgency. Everything has risk, getting covid has short term and potential unknown long term risk and the same can be said about the vaccine. The question should be more what has the most risk and getting the vaccine has much lower risk.
    Short term yes, long term no.

It's out of your system pretty fast, it just causes your body to fight the virus and build immunity.

Take it from an ex drug addict, I've put much worse into my body, this is the least of my concerns.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Does anyone know the difference between Moderns Pfizer and Astro in terms of how they work new/old technology ect

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy57 View Post
    I'm late 60's .Get my last AZ shot next week .No side affects after first shot .
    Looks pretty simple to me. Unless we speed up every one being vaxed ,the rest of the world will leave us behind.
    Before Covid, Sydney had approx 50 cases of blood clots in Sydney hospitals each week for varying reasons .
    The media only sensationalises the bad news not the good stuff .Like the party at Hoxton Park with about 30 people where the 5 vaxed all tested negative to Covid ,most of the unvaxed are now positive .
    GO & GET THE JAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news and well done for taking the AstraZenaca shot 3 months ago and what you said about the Hoxton Park Party super-spreading event not affecting the vaccinated participants have been confirmed by the Health Minister today. The AstraZenaca vaccines are not that dangerous statistically based on the World’s experience and I agree the media in Australia has overstated the risks of AstraZenaca.

Good luck for your second shot of AstraZenaca next week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Short term yes, long term no.

It's out of your system pretty fast, it just causes your body to fight the virus and build immunity.

Take it from an ex drug addict, I've put much worse into my body, this is the least of my concerns.

Well said. You are now a quite/very safe man from Covid (up to 88% protection from Delta Variant for infection) after finishing your 2 shots of Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    Well said. You are now a quite/very safe man from Covid (up to 88% protection from Delta Variant for infection) after finishing your 2 shots of Pfizer.
    Thank you.

Still can't take any chances.

You can download your vaccine certificate from MyGov.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Unfortunately that’s not exactly what that number represents… Look up “vaccine efficacy” and you’ll find it says nothing about how well a particular vaccinated individual is protected from the disease.

The percentage is a measure of how many fewer cases of infection are seen in a group of people who have taken the vaccine versus cases seen in a similar sized group of people who haven’t had the vaccine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_efficacy

Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    Unfortunately that’s not exactly what that number represents… Look up “vaccine efficacy” and you’ll find it says nothing about how well a particular vaccinated individual is protected from the disease.

The percentage is a measure of how many fewer cases of infection are seen in a group of people who have taken the vaccine versus cases seen in a similar sized group of people who haven’t had the vaccine.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_efficacy
    Whoa Wikipedia, you are so informed

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Read up on how Singapore is changing its approach to the pandemic

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaidwtf View Post
    I like answering questions!

Based on the Yellow Card scheme in the UK (a valid comparison because the sample size is much larger and we don't appear to have a similar scheme).

The chances of having a side effect from the AZ vaccine is: 1 in 104. The chances of a fatality that may be associated with (but not caused by) the AZ vaccine is: 1 in 86,000.

Based upon case data from 5/4/20 to 28/2/21 in Australia (valid because it's relevant to us).

The rate of a Covid related fatality is 1 in 1209 if you're under 60. Over 60 it's 1 in 5 (Victoria is lower but then they have an appalling record in this area). The low figure for the over 60 cohort is influenced heavily by the underlying health status of those individuals, 44% of which have been in care homes.

So, if you're over 60, in good health (but this is a important factor), not in a care home (especially in Victoria) you're likely to be no worse off than those under 60.

Disclaimer: This is not health advice, legal advice or any other type of advice. It's statistical analysis of Government released data.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Whoa Wikipedia, you are so informed

Well mate, if you’re not stupid, you’ll skim the article but focus on the included references from peer-reviewed journals which all say exactly the same thing.

It’s a common misconception that “95% effective“ means 5% of those vaccinated will get infected.

Stay safe.

Banned
    Certainly Health Science and Statistics are not exact science with 100% accuracy in prediction. Whether a person will be infected by an infectious disease in particular the Covid Delta Variant or not and also whether a serious or fatal consequence will be resulted will depend on his/her general health conditions as well as genetic composition. However the Hoxton Park Party outbreak does give us good confidence that vaccination will help to prevent infection (one of the six not infected was only vaccinated one doze instead of two). Another consideration for vaccination is to reduce the chance of passing the virus to your friends, workmates, household members etc.

I am not against any persons who don’t want to vaccinate. It is a personal decision. I know friends whose family members are equally split between vaccinate or not.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Certainly Health Science and Statistics are not exact science with 100% accuracy in prediction. Whether a person will be infected by an infectious disease in particular the Covid Delta Variant or not and also whether a serious or fatal consequence will be resulted will depend on his/her general health conditions as well as genetic composition. However the Hoxton Park Party outbreak does give us good confidence that vaccination will help to prevent infection (one of the six not infected was only vaccinated one doze instead of two). Another consideration for vaccination is to reduce the chance of passing the virus to your friends, workmates, household members etc.

I am not against any persons who don’t want to vaccinate. It is a personal decision. I know friends whose family members are equally split between vaccinate or not.
    Yet the vaccinated air hostess still spread the virus to Limousine driver??

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Yet the vaccinated air hostess still spread the virus to Limousine driver??
    I didn’t think FedEx had air hostesses. The freight must appreciate the service.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherjim View Post
    I didn’t think FedEx had air hostesses. The freight must appreciate the service.
    OK then crew, vaccinated crew spread the virus

OK then crew, vaccinated crew spread the virus
    Yes, it can happen. That is why when they open the borders the virus is going to rip through the entire community, but only the "it's their own choice" dopes are going to sick, long covid, or die from it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Read up on what the Singapore health minister said.. They will treating covid as they do seasonal flu.. Big changes coming for them, they're alot smarter then we are at managing the pandemic...

Banned
    Read up on what the Singapore health minister said.. They will treating covid as they do seasonal flu.. Big changes coming for them, they're alot smarter then we are at managing the pandemic...

The Health Minister in Singapore has vaccinated so he is safe and can make irresponsible decision like the NSW Premier, Health Minister and the Chief Medical Officer delaying the imposition of the lockdown. Also the percentage of population inoculated in Singapore will be much much higher than Australia when completed and the treatment of Covid as seasonal flu will only be implemented after the vaccination program is completed.

Just watched ABC 24 and the young Minister of Agriculture tested positive is suffering extreme fatigue and having a fever now. He can’t even stand up and had to convey his conditions lying on the bed. You may think that Covid is only a seasonal flu but many others do not think so. Hope you will be naturally immune from Covid with your extremely good health and positive thinking

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The Health Minister in Singapore has vaccinated so he is safe and can make irresponsible decision like the NSW Premier, Health Minister and the Chief Medical Officer delaying the imposition of the lockdown. Also the percentage of population inoculated in Singapore will be much much higher than Australia when completed and the treatment of Covid as seasonal flu will only be implemented after the vaccination program is completed.

Just watched ABC 24 and the young Minister of Agriculture tested positive is suffering extreme fatigue and having a fever now. He can’t even stand up and had to convey his conditions lying on the bed. You may think that Covid is only a seasonal flu but many others do not think so. Hope you will be naturally immune from Covid with your extremely good health and positive thinking
    Take it up with the experts in Singapore

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Because Singapore Government bought Pfizer and modena vaccine a lot and welling to pay the market price. Here we only buy 10 million dose initially. Only reasonly 20 million dose. Bad advice from CMO and relax and comfortable attitude. We have a PM saying is "not a RACE" now is it. Even the kiwi is doing better then us.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast