Thread: How much should I spend each year on punting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member(無間使者)
    As soon as you descend into spreadsheet economics for punting you may as well quit, it's not a game with a positive NPV.

Just spend what you can afford at the end of the day, and what that will be will be highly subjective to the individual.

I do wish more punters on here got smarter and saved money and travelled overseas annually for whoring expeditions, as opposed to paying domestic rates for a much more substandard service. If more people did that, it would force the domestic market to change as a result. The approach requires discipline because you're trading domestic frequency versus a stack over 1-2 months, but if you actually perform both operating models I bet you'll come out the other end saying the overseas method was far better.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    [QUOTE=Frank Walker;2475703 I do wish more punters on here got smarter and saved money and travelled overseas annually for whoring expeditions, as opposed to paying domestic rates for a much more substandard service. If more people did that, it would force the domestic market to change as a result. The approach requires discipline because you're trading domestic frequency versus a stack over 1-2 months, but if you actually perform both operating models I bet you'll come out the other end saying the overseas method was far better.[/QUOTE]

The trouble is I would say a good 75% of punters on here are of the domestic variety. Telling wifey I am just popping over to Thailand for a short course in Buddhism is problematic.
    To me, the domestic market will change when guys here grow some balls and walk more, demand better performance and as you said, get some discipline into their punting MO.

Yes punting OS is superior but realisticaly how many OS trips can you take per year even if this is an option. The tyranny of distance sometimes works for us but in our pursuits not.

I have often thought if I had free reign and wanted to punt purely OS how long could I go without needing a fix then I'm probably looking at 3, maybe 4 weeks, if I am lucky. So that equates to 12 trips per year.
    (Although I do have some FIFO mates in Perth who work in the mines who spend 3 weeks working, 1 week in Bali and repeat) Plus its only 3 and a half hours there.
    4FoW2

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4FoW2 View Post
    To me, the domestic market will change when guys here grow some balls and walk more, demand better performance and as you said, get some discipline into their punting MO.
    4FoW2
    I think the biggest issue is, Brisbane isnt Sydney. In Sydney you can get an ML to give you a bbbj from as low as 0.8 of a pineapple. And thats a 21 year old cutie. Because theres probably 5 or 6 of them per customer. And its legal to advertise and legal to do more risque stuff.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Walker View Post
    I do wish more punters on here got smarter and saved money and travelled overseas annually for whoring expeditions, as opposed to paying domestic rates for a much more substandard service. If more people did that, it would force the domestic market to change as a result. The approach requires discipline because you're trading domestic frequency versus a stack over 1-2 months, but if you actually perform both operating models I bet you'll come out the other end saying the overseas method was far better.
    I will fit in 4 overseas trips this year. Financially it is about the same but the quality is so much better. Pay by the night instead of by the hour.

BUT domestic is a much needed convenience.