Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
Next time when I go for a legit massage (as I have done a few times), I might tell her, "You know, I would love to help you save up for the new car. I know how difficult it is to live in Sydney without a car especially when you had one that is now a wreck. To be honest with you, $1,000 is outside my budget and I want to help if you let me give you $300. Would this work?"
Nah bro, in the art of negotiating, the first person talk loses. if you set your opening, the price will only go up. Just keep it chill and let her broach the subject, then say $1k is outside your budget, what do you have to offer? if she counters then you know you have the upper hand so you can start negotiating down.