Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Language barrier

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Don't know about Japan but Korean schools have had compulsory English classes from year 1 for a long long time now.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Banned
    I wouldn't advise anyone to learn a new language. It just consumes too much time.

Then I had plenty time to waste coming to work in a new country called Australia. And I only had to work 5 days a week. And I finished work at 3pm with no where to go. I went to a public library to take a nap waiting for my Japanese class to start at 6pm.

I met the half Japanese Claire of 227 North Strathfield. After 45 minutes of Japanese conversation with her she opened up for part II at the last 15 minutes. I just lost interest in the sex part. I was starting to treat her like my Japanese teacher.

I have been avoiding Japanese WLs since then.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Lol this is a weird conspiracy theory. Languages evolve more than they're actually "designed".
    The US language was designed. It got rid of a lot of the idiosyncracies of English spelling
    Uses 'color' instead of 'colour' etc

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Language learning aside, how do you guys get used to the awkward silence of language barriers during your sessions?
    I want to learn to get used to this.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Talking is overrated. Silence is golden.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I wish I could get used to that bro. Every time it's dead silent, I feel I gotta say something...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    The US language was designed. It got rid of a lot of the idiosyncracies of English spelling
    It's a shame they forgot to get rid of their imperial measurements like foot, inches, pounds, gallons, horsepower, mile, fathom.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    It's a shame they forgot to get rid of their imperial measurements like foot, inches, pounds, gallons, horsepower, mile, fathom.
    The Americans very deliberately like to do things in their own terms unfortunately including language and measurement units. I agree it's not good

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The Americans very deliberately like to do things in their own terms unfortunately including language and measurement units. I agree it's not good
    Try saying I've got a 7 inch cock to an Aussie millennial, it really fucks them up as they try and do a mental conversion to cm or mm. And what the fuck is all that bullshit with driving on the wrong side of the road, even the steering wheel is on the wrong side! You can fuck that. I reckon the yanks got influenced by the frogs. The frogs hate all things British.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Talking is overrated. Silence is golden.
    Feel that sometimes I want to just relax and enjoy a massage, not repeat my life story to someone for an hour.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by kere View Post
    How do you deal with language barriers between yourself and the ML/WL?
    Have you ever had sessions where it was almost complete silence?

I want to learn how to deal with this problem to get the most enjoyment of my sessions.
    No disrespect, but this seems to be YOU. Why do you feel the need to fill the silence? That's a sign of nerviness. Most of us are NOT there for the conversations, but for other physical stimulations. It's NOT a bar pickup. It's BUSINESS.

Personally, I walk in, say hi, the pro-forma how are you, hand the massage fee to her, strip and shower (if en-suite) while she goes to pay the desk, and lay on the table face down. Pretty hard to hold a conversation with your face buried in a hole. Every now and again an encouraging word to her, as in "good massage". A number of shops, or she, will have some relaxing background music playing that I'll listen to, just relaxing. No effort being made to hold a conversation, which can be a strain on BOTH sides. On the flip, perhaps a brief conversation about extras and cost. From there, I'm just enjoying the sensations, and it would be a bit difficult for her to hold a conversation with her mouth full. If it's FS, the standard words of encouragement from both sides...

Having said that, I do indulge in a bit of conversation at the beginning, asking her where she's from, not country, but city. Having traveled extensively, there's a good chance I might have been there. If not, I'll mention some of the things I've enjoyed about HER country. EVERYONE takes pride in their own country. Just remember, with Asians, it's all about face, and not losing face. MY experience, most all I've met do speak enough English to carry on a simple conversation IF they feel relaxed. A few will talk during the massage, a number will not as, like I said, it can be a strain for BOTH parties to understand and make their way through the accents. Just speak slowly and clearly, NOT the "Do........You.......Speak.....English....." just enunciate clearly with simple words... One, while doing the b2b, was explaining where she'd been, but I wasn't getting it; she kept drawing triangles on the table. Finally, I got it; she'd been to Egypt (and had the photos on her phone to prove it). Another SYT, as we slowly got the conversation going, mentioned she was paying for English lessons but she was having a difficult time, her teacher was Indian with an ACCENT. I told her I FULLY understood, given a number of conversations with tech support... When I've hit a language speed bump, I use translate on my phone for the word or phrase. Likewise, if I'm not picking up, she might grab her phone and use her translation function (I type, she draws the Chinese characters).

And remember, if she had a great life, she wouldn't be there, so keep your expectations grounded. Like I say, some are quiet and just want to earn some money without a lot of extra effort with a conversation, so enjoy the peace and quiet, RELAX. You DON'T have to fill the gaps. Others, especially regulars, MIGHT participate in a conversation thread; other times not.

You want a conversation? Go find a bartender...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    No disrespect, but this seems to be YOU. Why do you feel the need to fill the silence? That's a sign of nerviness. Most of us are NOT there for the conversations, but for other physical stimulations. It's NOT a bar pickup. It's BUSINESS.

Personally, I walk in, say hi, the pro-forma how are you, hand the massage fee to her, strip and shower (if en-suite) while she goes to pay the desk, and lay on the table face down. Pretty hard to hold a conversation with your face buried in a hole. Every now and again an encouraging word to her, as in "good massage". A number of shops, or she, will have some relaxing background music playing that I'll listen to, just relaxing. No effort being made to hold a conversation, which can be a strain on BOTH sides. On the flip, perhaps a brief conversation about extras and cost. From there, I'm just enjoying the sensations, and it would be a bit difficult for her to hold a conversation with her mouth full. If it's FS, the standard words of encouragement from both sides...

Having said that, I do indulge in a bit of conversation at the beginning, asking her where she's from, not country, but city. Having traveled extensively, there's a good chance I might have been there. If not, I'll mention some of the things I've enjoyed about HER country. EVERYONE takes pride in their own country. Just remember, with Asians, it's all about face, and not losing face. MY experience, most all I've met do speak enough English to carry on a simple conversation IF they feel relaxed. A few will talk during the massage, a number will not as, like I said, it can be a strain for BOTH parties to understand and make their way through the accents. Just speak slowly and clearly, NOT the "Do........You.......Speak.....English....." just enunciate clearly with simple words... One, while doing the b2b, was explaining where she'd been, but I wasn't getting it; she kept drawing triangles on the table. Finally, I got it; she'd been to Egypt (and had the photos on her phone to prove it). Another SYT, as we slowly got the conversation going, mentioned she was paying for English lessons but she was having a difficult time, her teacher was Indian with an ACCENT. I told her I FULLY understood, given a number of conversations with tech support... When I've hit a language speed bump, I use translate on my phone for the word or phrase. Likewise, if I'm not picking up, she might grab her phone and use her translation function (I type, she draws the Chinese characters).

And remember, if she had a great life, she wouldn't be there, so keep your expectations grounded. Like I say, some are quiet and just want to earn some money without a lot of extra effort with a conversation, so enjoy the peace and quiet, RELAX. You DON'T have to fill the gaps. Others, especially regulars, MIGHT participate in a conversation thread; other times not.

You want a conversation? Go find a bartender...
    Yeah I guess I was too used to being social that it seeped through to these sessions when the context of a massage doesn't really call for being social.
    Thank you for the refreshing perspective since there are times when it helps both sides to not worry about maintaining a convo.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Those are wise words from 11Bravo. Kudos, bro, and thanks for bringing the thread back on course. I myself am guilty of diverging from the OP!

Yeah, it's true, you don't really have to hold a convo about the meaning of life with the girl in these situations. Just enough info to let her know what you want and for her to let you know what she wants in return to give you what you want, that's all the communication you'll ever need in this transaction.

Think about how in ancient times Indian traders could trade with Chinese traders on the silk road. There was no Google translate back then, but it still worked. It's a trade, nothing more than that.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I have had a few punts spoiled by too much talking.
    It's generally the ML or WL who you can speak the same language
    You end up talking and forgetting the reason you are there
    Sometimes it's better to save conversations for your social life.

I have had a few punts spoiled by too much talking.
    It's generally the ML or WL who you can speak the same language
    You end up talking and forgetting the reason you are there
    Sometimes it's better to save conversations for your social life.
    That's very true, bro. Too much talking about stuff, especially on things that are completely unrelated to sex, is a big distraction from the sex act itself.

I've had sessions where I completely didn't feel like sex after talking too much with the girl. I ended up being too deep in thought about something in that convo that she started to look like "work", lol!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Too much talking about stuff, especially on things that are completely unrelated to sex, is a big distraction from the sex act itself.
    I've had sessions where I completely didn't feel like sex after talking too much with the girl
    Haha. After talking you lose that edge that you need to get the job done. I'm sure the lady knows this. More talk = less work
    I respect that but this time together doesn't come for free

Sometimes in life, small talk gets in the way

Haha. After talking you lose that edge that you need to get the job done. I'm sure the lady knows this. More talk = less work
    I respect that but this time together doesn't come for free

Sometimes in life, small talk gets in the way
    It happened 2 times to me, now that I think about it. 1 was J Mayu at SBM. I dunno what happened, she started to feel like a nagging wife after a while. That girl can talk, I swear.

The other one, fark I can't remember who or where, but I remember she presented me with a real life problem of hers and from then on all I could think about was that problem. WTF...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That's spelling, not quite the same thing. Try pronouncing Vietnamese words and with the right tone, or countless other languages. Are they all designed to be difficult or have they just evolved as a means of communication?

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    That's spelling, not quite the same thing. Try pronouncing Vietnamese words and with the right tone, or countless other languages. Are they all designed to be difficult or have they just evolved as a means of communication?
    Lol yeah Vietnamese is really hard to figure out. You can't really use English "Pinyin" method on it.

I think it's because Vietnam was colonized by the French, so the "Pinyin" there is based on French. You have to read the alphabets out like how they would sound in French instead of English. Eg. Nguyen sounds like "nguing".

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Lol yeah Vietnamese is really hard to figure out. You can't really use English "Pinyin" method on it.

I think it's because Vietnam was colonized by the French, so the "Pinyin" there is based on French. You have to read the alphabets out like how they would sound in French instead of English. Eg. Nguyen sounds like "nguing".
    Difference with Chinese Pinyin though is everyone uses the Roman alphabet so if you learn the sounds of different vowel and consonant combinations you can give it a go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast