Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronni View Post
    NSW scored tries, and gave Queensland a try off that intercept
    So Queensland only scored 1 try on their own

They couldnt break NSW line because they lacked the matchwinners like Cronk and Smith and Thurston who can set up millions of tries

NSW need to win 10 years in a row however, before we can erase the pain of the last 12 years

Feel sorry for the previous NSW Coach Laurie Daley

Im sure if he hadnt been dumped, he could have been a victorious coach

But he had to be dropped, he was just too close to the players, and too many of them were on the drink and not focussed

No idea why Aaron Woods was kept in the team for so long.

Anyway Freddy Fittler can look like a guru coach now for the next 10 years, because Queenslands best days are behind them

Look forward to Mitchell and Ato Carr and Cook and Tedesco shredding the Queensland line in a few weeks in Sydney
    I don’t feel sorry for Daley , he kept on picking plodders. Ado Carr and Mitchell should set have been in the side last year , and he kept picking Pearce even those we lost half a dozen or more series with that bloke and only series we win in last 12 was without him

Quote Originally Posted by Jasejase77 View Post
    I don’t feel sorry for Daley , he kept on picking plodders. Ado Carr and Mitchell should set have been in the side last year , and he kept picking Pearce even those we lost half a dozen or more series with that bloke and only series we win in last 12 was without him
    Mate, I’m not a Pearce fans for obvious reasons but let’s be fair, he was up against some serious champions !

I’m pretty sure if Pearce was playing along side Maloney on a Wednesday night, the Blues would have won anyway . Same thing with Daley!

BTW, Daley and the Blues were so close last year, they were one JT goal away from winning the series last year .

So the bottom line is, forget about Daley or Freddy or Addo-Carr or Cook .

It’s always the missing of JT, Cronk, Smith and Slater - that was the difference .

Just like NSW was never the same since Joey Johns retired ! Right ??

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasejase77 View Post
    Fair enough. Cant remember, who were the plodders that NSW kept selecting?

Quote Originally Posted by ronni View Post
    NSW scored tries, and gave Queensland a try off that intercept
    So Queensland only scored 1 try on their own

They couldnt break NSW line because they lacked the matchwinners like Cronk and Smith and Thurston who can set up millions of tries

NSW need to win 10 years in a row however, before we can erase the pain of the last 12 years

Feel sorry for the previous NSW Coach Laurie Daley

Im sure if he hadnt been dumped, he could have been a victorious coach

But he had to be dropped, he was just too close to the players, and too many of them were on the drink and not focussed

No idea why Aaron Woods was kept in the team for so long.

Anyway Freddy Fittler can look like a guru coach now for the next 10 years, because Queenslands best days are behind them

Look forward to Mitchell and Ato Carr and Cook and Tedesco shredding the Queensland line in a few weeks in Sydney
    See my other reply , I think I addressed a few of your points too, but yeah, I think you guys should probably wrap up this series on Sunday !

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Good to see a fellow tennis buff on here

Who's your pick to lift the trophy? My gut feel is that Rafa is going to get knocked out by Delpo or Thiem. He looks jittery this year, not sure why. My money is on Thiem if he plays Rafa or Delpo if he gets through.

Halep vs Stephens is going to be interesting also. Halep should pull through but feels too close to put money on.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by frous View Post
    Good to see a fellow tennis buff on here

Who's your pick to lift the trophy? My gut feel is that Rafa is going to get knocked out by Delpo or Thiem. He looks jittery this year, not sure why. My money is on Thiem if he plays Rafa or Delpo if he gets through.

Halep vs Stephens is going to be interesting also. Halep should pull through but feels too close to put money on.
    Hard to pick against Rafa though. I mean Delpo isn't the same after all those years of wrist surgeries. His backhand is much softer. Need to see how is he gonna handle Rafa's wicked forehands. Hard or Grass delpo has good chances but clay?

Thiem can rip it with his backhanders like a Stan. But Rafa meted out a hiding for both of them last year. Let's see.. hope they can make it tough for Rafa

I hope Halep wins. She really deserves it. She is the most consistent amongst the women (excluding Serena of course)

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Yup. Either brave or dumb to bet against Nadal at RG but he can't win them all. I still think he looks vulnerable this year so maybe half a chance for someone else.

I'm rooting for Halep too. I think she is in a class of her own on clay when her game is on. She's blitzed through Mertens, Kerber and Muguruza and it would be a great shame if she falls in the final. Odds are pretty close tho ($1.4 vs $2.8) so not sure if I'll punt.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Very happy with Halep's win.
    Rafa pummeled them both. Could have got a good payout from handicaps! Delpo by 11 games and Thiem by 9 games. Shame, I was a bit hesitant to bet.
    Poor Thiem, it was a classic case of a single hander vs Rafa on clay. They can't ever beat him in RG. Roger's had enough after all those semis and finals.
    In future, if Rafa was to lose a RG match it'll have to be from Novak or Sasha or any other two handers.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    What's everyone's world cup tips?

Australia under 1.5 group points seems like free money. We shouldn't win a game really.

Quote Originally Posted by punterthon View Post
    What's everyone's world cup tips?

Australia under 1.5 group points seems like free money. We shouldn't win a game really.
    I think the values are in the early group matches - on a multi !

If you pick say, Russia, France, Uruguay, Argentina, Germany and Brazil all to win their opening match , you will get $7.00+

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I don't know about France beating Aus. We might get a draw on this one. I just have a feeling that we will park the bus and counter. But again if France can score one early BvM might change the tactic. Will Cahill score again in his final world cup?

Quote Originally Posted by freshjive View Post
    I don't know about France beating Aus. We might get a draw on this one. I just have a feeling that we will park the bus and counter. But again if France can score one early BvM might change the tactic. Will Cahill score again in his final world cup?
    Have anyone see that goal from young Daniel ?? If he can score one like that in Russia, plus a Timmy Cahill header and perhaps a bit of a Mooy Magic, we might get to the next round .

I just think that if we can score 3-5 goals in the group stage, that might be enough to get us through, a win and a draw for 4 points !!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Multis are the devil. Prefer to do singles and minimise risk. Agree all should win their opening game though, but would avoid France.

Other bet that appeals at odds is Lukaku top goal scorer at $17. Belgium will depend on him to score goals and in the early stages they should score plenty (their team total goals is Set at 8.5, 2nd only to Germany on 9.5). Belgium shold go deep too.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Have anyone see that goal from young Daniel ?? If he can score one like that in Russia, plus a Timmy Cahill header and perhaps a bit of a Mooy Magic, we might get to the next round .

I just think that if we can score 3-5 goals in the group stage, that might be enough to get us through, a win and a draw for 4 points !!
    Who do we beat? I can't see a win on the cards. A draw, yes, maybe.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Just have to avoid getting thrashed by France in the first game.
    We don't want a repeat of the 4-0 loss to Germany in the first game in 2010 World Cup which effectively ended our chances.
    As long as we can get away with a 2-0 or 3-1 loss against France; then we if can guts out a 0-0 or 1-1 draw with Denmark, and then beat Peru 2-1, that could be enough to go through

Haha, you could be right there !

Just have another quick check in the current FIFA world ranking , the three teams we are facing in our group are ranking 7, 11 and 12 respectively - and good old Aussie down somewhere in 36!

So really, realistically we have no chance, right ?

But can we punch above our weights ? Like when Japan beat Sourh Africa in the Rugby World Cup and North Korea best Italy, in 66 ? !! Yeap, let’s not forget that ......... haha.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    You guys are far too patriotic haha. We are OK when we play Asian or Middle Eastern countries in qualifiers (no offense to them) but on a world stage we lack a lot. I'll be taking the under 1.5 group points.

You guys are far too patriotic haha. We are OK when we play Asian or Middle Eastern countries in qualifiers (no offense to them) but on a world stage we lack a lot. I'll be taking the under 1.5 group points.
    We did draw with Croatia in 2006 to go through to the round of 16 and they didn’t !!

England beat us overnight in the first ODI. I think we are doing it really tough without our top 2 batsman and none of our fast Test bowlers were there, no Starc, Cumming and Hazelwood ! All injured or being Rested ?

But what I don’t understand was why our test spinner Gary was also sitting on the bench when England was playing their two full time spinners and took 5 wickets between them ?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    England beat us overnight in the first ODI. I think we are doing it really tough without our top 2 batsman and none of our fast Test bowlers were there, no Starc, Cumming and Hazelwood ! All injured or being Rested ?

But what I don’t understand was why our test spinner Gary was also sitting on the bench when England was playing their two full time spinners and took 5 wickets between them ?
    I have to agree here. Match previews suggested the pitch would be ideal for spin. My only guess is Australia wanted to give their pace attack a warm up.

Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast