Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fight of the Century! Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Banned
    A photo from the fight, brought about by Photoshop trickery, no doubt

Trainer Applies Fresh $100 Bill To Floyd Mayweather’s Bleeding Eyelid

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/trai...athers-b-50329

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    The split of the prize money should always be decided by winning the match !

What was the total prize money again ? $300 millions or something like that ?

If the winner can take $200M and the loser $100M, I think we had a better chance of a fairer fight won't you think?

Sorry, I don't follow boxing, just a thought !

From the news, at the end of round 12, the Filipino guy thought he had won too, perhaps a draw is more appropriate ?
    The split is not the prize money, it's a price negotiated by the boxers and the promoter. It's business, if the promoter doesn't think the fight could generate that much income, he won't make the offer. That's why they kept postponing it to generate more interest, if it happened 5 years ago, it wouldn't have exceeded 50 million dollars !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Manny v Money

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    The split is not the prize money, it's a price negotiated by the boxers and the promoter. It's business, if the promoter doesn't think the fight could generate that much income, he won't make the offer. That's why they kept postponing it to generate more interest, if it happened 5 years ago, it wouldn't have exceeded 50 million dollars !
    The hype and prize was bigger 5 years ago had it happened thEn. It was guaranteed at least $100 million or more back then but then again that's what they say. And a quick rematch would have generated more. Simply because the two fighters were in their prime and the interest was at its peak. The hype and interest now wasn't as big as it was 5 years ago simply because people just got tired of waiting and waiting. Sure there was still hype and interest just not as much as it could have been 5 yrs ago. The promoters knew this and income wasn't a problem, but they just couldn't agree on terms and everyone knew that Floyd was ducking Manny and waited till he slowed down a bit and KO by Marqyez. Smart move on Floyds part. There have been many docos and interviews about what caused the 5yr delay and it had nothing to do with money as the money "was there". Overall the fight didn't quite live up to the hype and the projected pay per view incomes have yet to be finalised to see if it even reached the predicted $$$$$.

Banned
    "But I want rematch!!! Lol"
    Are you joking bro ?

"For 48 fights now, Mayweather has picked off opponents time and again in essentially the same manner.
    One of the greatest counter-punchers the sport has seen, his first priority is defence.
    His second priority is also defence."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/...-1227333953802

What I want, is the emergence of interesting combatative fighters
    So we dont have to wait 5 years between interesting, world stopping fights.
    Fighters who bring charisma, charm, power, but most importantly, entertainment

All respect, but yesterdays fight, was not worth the wait.
    To spend another hour watching those two fight again ?

Because Mayweather just needs to be evasive once more, and avoid being knocked out, to retain his titles

No thanks !
    Next !

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63T View Post
    Exactly!! Couldn't agree more. Even if they purposely milking it for 5 years. That's too long and yes people would have just got frustrated with the whole cat and mouse situation that they lost interest. Anyway it happened so be happy. But I want rematch!!! Lol
    It has been proven the postponement works whatever you think !

Banned
    Tbh, the match wasn't as expecting as I thought it would be

Banned
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...eather-5628264

Mike Tyson leads criticism of Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight labelling it "underwhelming"

Mike Tyson has led the criticism of Floyd Mayweather's functional victory over Manny Pacquiao, labelling the fight 'underwhelming'.
    The always-outspoken former heavyweight champion of the world took to Twitter following the fight to tweet his disappointment for the long-awaited fight.
    "We waited 5 years for the that... #underwhelmed", he posted to the social network.

Underwhelming: Mike Tyson was not impressed

Banned
    I long for the days when we knew the name of the current Heavyweight Champion

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...ts-fear-factor

Mike Tyson's greatest hits: the fights that made him feared

Here are six fights that earned Iron Mike a reputation that could make opponents wilt even before they entered the ring

Hector Mercedes, TKO, 1st round, 6 March 1985, Albany

In his debut as a professional Mike Tyson's aggression gave the Puerto Rican no chance
    The debutant threw power combinations at his opponent before sending Mercedes down on one knee
    The opponent gave up after just 1min 47sec, leading to Tyson's first knock out and win as a professional

Donnie Long, KO 1st round, 9 Oct 1985, Atlantic City

Tyson's ninth straight win and ninth straight KO in six months as a pro
    As always Tyson started aggressively and threw punches to the head, sending Long down after 37 seconds
    Despite coming back, Long was sent to his knees twice before the referee waved an end to the bout after 1m 28s
    Long said afterwards: "I remember going to the fight, and I remember waking up in the hospital"

Eddie Richardson, KO 1st round, 13 November 1985, Houston

Tyson's winning streak continued, the fight over after 1m 17 seconds
    One broadcaster said after the match: "I see right now a major flaw in Mike Tyson's career, and that's going to be to have a fight that lasts long enough to get some good footage on"

Trevor Berbick, TKO 2nd round 22 Nov 86

Tyson's first world title fight against Trevor Berbick
    Despite meeting a more experienced Berbick, Mike "Kid Dynamite" Tyson went in confident of victory: "I'll win the title as surely as Tuesday follows Monday."
    He only needed two rounds before sending the Jamaican to the mat after 2m 35s for his 26th straight win, earning the WBC belt as the youngest heavyweight champion in history, aged 20 years, four months

Tony Tucker, 12 rounds 1 Aug 1987

Tyson and Tucker both went into the fight unbeaten, Tyson with 27 KOs in 30 fights and Tuckers 29 in 34
    The bout went the distance but, after landing 216 of his 412 punches, Tyson became the undisputed world champion

Michael Spinks, KO 1st round 27 Jun 1988

At the time this was the richest fight in history, but it was all over after 91 seconds when Tyson knocked Spinks out in the first round. This fight is considered by many to be the highest point of Tyson's career and achievements. Spinks, previously unbeaten, would never fight professionally again

TYSON IS THE YOUNGEST HEAVYWEIGHT BOXER IN HISTORY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJA9qu1Fr0

Tyson in this bout in 1986 was the challenger, and had it all to do, to beat a very determined World Champion, Trevor Berbick

With a dominant display of power fighting, Tyson won the Heavyweight Championship of the World, and the youngest in history to do it, at age 20

Mike Tyson was able to ignore the points system, and just win by domination, then knock out

The fight starts at 6 minutes, with the concluding stages of the bout at the 13 minutes mark

People used to value the really big Title Fights, as a chance to witness power, and decisive results

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Random but... 4g63t, what u running under ur hood? Lol
    My evo needs a snail upgrade

Junior Member(有D料到)
    That wasn't a fair fight pacquiao's right arm was injured according to the news, that's why couldn't perform at he's peak

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) jellyshots's Avatar
    Manny doesn't make any excuses for it. In the long run, he maintained his reputation for being a tenacious competitor. Mayweather, regardless of whether he has one or two more fights and retires undefeated will still be remembered as the guy who hits women and runs from guys like Manny.

Manny was like a hunter who just didn't get enough momentum to chase down his prey. Big deal, he goes hungry. I doubt Mayweather will have the guts to do a rematch. If Manny took it that close injured, how much different would it have been if he wasn't?

I suspect that when Mayweather does retire and leave the title open, someone like Manny will just come along and snap it up.

Now to throw a great fight into the mix...

Kostya Tszyu vs Zab Judah. Zab was fast, accurate and in the first round ducked, weaved and landed a lot of clean punches. Round 2 was very different and Kostya started to use his jab to peg Zab down. Controversial ending but he pretty much cold clocked Zab who had his hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyshots View Post
    Manny doesn't make any excuses for it. In the long run, he maintained his reputation for being a tenacious competitor. Mayweather, regardless of whether he has one or two more fights and retires undefeated will still be remembered as the guy who hits women and runs from guys like Manny.

Manny was like a hunter who just didn't get enough momentum to chase down his prey. Big deal, he goes hungry. I doubt Mayweather will have the guts to do a rematch. If Manny took it that close injured, how much different would it have been if he wasn't?

I suspect that when Mayweather does retire and leave the title open, someone like Manny will just come along and snap it up.

Now to throw a great fight into the mix...

Kostya Tszyu vs Zab Judah. Zab was fast, accurate and in the first round ducked, weaved and landed a lot of clean punches. Round 2 was very different and Kostya started to use his jab to peg Zab down. Controversial ending but he pretty much cold clocked Zab who had his hands down.
    The Kostya Tszyu vs Zab Judah fight wasn't controversial at all ! If the ref didn't stop the fight, the only outcome would be Zab Judah would receive more punishment or even knocked out cold !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Nice!! Iv got the same plus few extras fp green turbo but its on its way out
    Only managed a 225kw on 24psi from last dyno day. Tuned 9 turbo got just as much!

U def need to upgrade ur dump/front to 3" too.. iv got a maperformance screamer dump, music to your ears!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63T View Post
    You drive an Evo too? Nice!
    Lol my mods are:

- hot side pipe upgrade
    - front pipe upgrade
    - catback system upgrade 3"
    - ECU flash
    - boost increase to 22/24PSI
    - Exedy sports clutch upgrade(heavy clutch)+flywheel
    - Carbon Fibre front lip
    That's bout it. It's only "light" mods compared to what can be done to it. Haven't dyno'd it yet so I don't know how much power it's making but I'm guessing 200/220kw
    Next is the wheels

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Harmony, if you want interesting, combative fighters, watch Conor McGregor on UFC

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) jellyshots's Avatar

if those 3 judges not from usa then it will be fair

Banned
    The Thriller In Manilla
    Wednesday, October 1, 1975

Documentary details:
    "The Thriller in Manila was the greatest fight of all time.
    It was the third and final confrontation between Joe Frazier and Mohammed Ali, two men who hated each other.
    It was a personal hatred born out of the explosive racial politics of 1970s America.
    Yet, eight years earlier, these two men had been friends"

SMH documentary
    http://www.smh.com.au/tv/sport/thril...a-4302552.html

The actual fight, in full
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEjU-BFS8c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12